2016-02-23 21:25:17 (edited by Valmorian 2017-10-09 16:15:58)

Clok has recently undergone several changes including a new server update making the game much faster, much of the lag if not all of it is gone! and the game runs much faster so figured I'd post an updated post with the changes including the new soundpack links original post including new links below

Hello! Clok Isn't really new, but i figured I'd mention it, because its changed a lot. currently there are two soundpacks that i no about vipmud, and mush the one for mush has ambiance, and lots of sounds for things. i haven't actually tested it out much the one for vip has all the Essentials , as well as some scripts to get rid of the constant typing of a single command. if anyone would like me to, i can post the links to them. the info is  clok.contrarium.net
port 4000
Its not hard to learn, you just half to take the time. I'll be glad to help anyone out if they have questions.
vipmud soundpack download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ua59l3ri29e … P.zip?dl=1
mushpack download
[https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m8qekhzsr67brr/clok.rar?dl=1
please note clok is a mud to play you either need vip or mush client google is your friend, however if people wish for download links for those, i can put those as well

2016-02-23 22:32:18

I'm intrested about that game. You can post link for Download.

Don't care.

2016-02-24 00:30:59

that should clear things up

2016-02-24 04:31:53

There's a topic about it long time ago, but it's not sorta inactive for some reason, sadly. I've been working on the guide for playing Clok for ages now, but haven't had time to mess much with it. Who are you guys on there?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-02-24 11:46:53

Well on the one hand, Clok is not a newly released or discovered game and we've known about it for a while, indeed it has it's own page on the site database here
However equally I don't think we've had it announced in new releases before and it'd be good if people knew about the game.

I'd be interested to know if these soundpacks are hosted perminantly, sinse then I could update the database, indeed I fancy the vipmud one myself being as I played with no soundpack before.

I also wonder what new things are in the game being as I've not played for quite some time, for example is there a miner's helmet with a lamp yet? sinse mining I always found to be a right royal pain given I had to juggle pulling the cart, wielding the pick,and holding the lantern, indeed often I had to put the lantern in the cart in order to go from room to room, and that stopped it giving any light at all.

I should get back to the game, I was just considering which guild to join, and those druid like people who fought off the infected sounded fun, though equally I'd need to refamiliarize myself with the various commands and in game systems, I wonder what new things got added?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-02-24 17:04:21

well, I would play it, but my char is in a cave, without being able to look in their pack for a light source, unable to get out because he can't climb in darkness, and so I can't play it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-02-24 18:30:48

i plan on keeping the soundpacks up.
second there isnt currently any form of light beyond lanterns. the thing about guilds in clok, is you have to find one that suits you. a lot of new players start with the hole ardason thing that means mining forgeing and such, but they generally give up in about a month. its a hard and very very time consuming thing, and Isn't for everyone. not to mention there is a high demand for blacksmiths and things.
as far as being stuck in the dark goes there are several ways around one of course is your character can starve to death, you can ring the bell, and be rescued. secondly you can just type areas and talk about how you got there on the pendant but starving to death is far easier. if anyone has questions, as allways contact me i'll be more happy to answer.
I think it was slightly misled some people about clok. When i said there were new things. there are, but not in the way people tend to think of new. I meant that there are more guilds being worked on, more admins to help out and stuff like that. Alot of the areas have changed as well. Ok this ha sbeen long, i'm gonna sto phere.

2016-02-24 19:02:40

Next time you're on, try sending a report letting the GMs know what's wrong. I.E. report I'm in a black room and unable to climb out, can I have some help please.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-02-24 21:32:28

Bah, I'm not going back on there until they get their atrocious lag problems sorted out, and, since its been that way for like a year now, I doubt its getting fixed so meh. It really takes the fun out. And crafting is a lot more realistic in Lament than in Clok. I like Clok for what it is though, but man oh man, the lag, no no no no no no no.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-02-25 00:47:31 (edited by Valmorian 2016-02-25 00:48:00)

what do you mean lag? there isnt any lag that I've seen.
I did want to be clear, i don't think anyone thaut they were. but neither of the soundpacks are mine. i just downloaded them and put them in dropbox if you want anything changed, you either have to change them yourself, or contact the soundpack makers.

2016-02-25 11:40:34

@Ironcross, as I think I said before this lag is possibly at your end sinse I never noticed it myself either.
As regards light sources, I wasn't meaning some amazing magical gem lights or gas lamps or whatever, I just remember mining being a right royal pain simply because there was no way to either hang the lantern on the cart, or wear it on your body say in a hat. Real world miners have been doing these things for centuries, so it did seem rather weerd you couldn't in clok, especially with the way that once you put a lit lantern in the cart it no longer gave light.

As regards guilds, I was actually thinking of the wilderness one which worked with bow and spear and did lots of exploring and fighting infected creatures sinse I really did rather enjoy wilderness in the game, making fires, hunting etc, and was actually getting quite good with my staff (though my fletching wasn't working as well as I would've liked).

I can't recall the name exactly I'd have to look it up, but I do know it was the exploring I rather enjoyed.

As to new stuff I just meant other stuff they were working on, like for example I know they were planning to add ways of glazing pottery and more recipes to cook.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-02-25 16:31:11

You might mean the udemi. much is currently being worked on from the looks of things. they have recently started a monthly thing each month has a theme. The first time they put us all in this foggy city so you couldnt peer in tiles, and we had to find and kill eachother. this time i think we half to all work as a team to kill a bunch of gm sent out infested as far as I no, that ones tonight.

2016-02-25 16:46:27

if its on my end, then I don't know why, since I don't experience it on any other mud. It's this  1 - 3 second delay whenever you type in a command, and I'm not talking about roundtimes or the time it takes for your command queue to run its course. anything from look to sheath axe will not go through right away. And I do check back every once in a while to see if its fixed, because I do like it and I do want to play, it's just jarring and breaks immersion.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-02-25 19:58:33

I so miss clok I don't have internet at my house anymore need to go to my local library to use theirs, but I so love the game and have a few chars on there.

Audio game king

2016-02-26 05:51:01

Just a quick tip. You don't need to see in order to get things out of your pack. If you know you have a torch, just type get torch, then light torch, and it will automatically get the relevant things. Secondly, Dark, What I do if the mine doesn't have a sconce is just walk through and survey until I find what I want, then drop my lantern. From there, I go back and grab my cart or wagon and bring it to that location. Sometimes it helps to have two lanterns and juggle them around to make sure you have light when you need it. There is a guild with access to light globes that you can wear around your neck, but they aren't mine oriented. Honestly, if you want to be a udemi, either knap stone heads, or find an artisan to make them for you. Fletching gets better at about 150-200 skill level.

thanks,
Michael

2016-02-26 10:01:51

I recommend using candle, if you plan to mine, unless you really need to survey. i generally just drop the lantern on the ground in one spot and start mining.

For those who need help getting around on Clok, my main char, who is also one of what dark is interested, is Artus. I'm more than happy to help. I also have other two sub chars.

@Ironcross, I'm not sure why you can't stand that roundtime thing. I actually thought it lagged, but actually...i don't call it lag. I call it roundtime and command delay. And it's so far has no effect in game, since most action from both your and your apponent has roundtime and command delay as well.
Crafting? I think if they work on it more, it could get really awesome, since now I've seen it reaches the level of awesomeness already. More things needed of course.

Well for soundpacks, I've been trying to add more stuff in the original Sneak's clokpack for mush, and have already changed most of the sounds to make it less like Alter Aeon sounds. If you guys interested, I can host it here. But it would take sometime to finish the whole skills and profession thing because I don't have strings for some of them.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-02-26 14:33:47

Udemi was indeed the guild I was interested in because I liked the wilderness, I just tried mining to explore  options and actually I did like  surveying and looking around for ores and fighting  those nasty shadows, I just found the light thing a right royal inconvenience.

Napping would be good, but I never found where to find flints to do it, sinse I think they're only in the mountains and I never ran  across too many mountains,  plus fletching was proving difficult enough, (I was far more effective with my iron bound staff).

2016-02-26 15:58:21

Flints are easy to find, if you know where exactly you should look. If not stone canyon, it's around the hilly part, but only in certain places.
Shadgard mine is by far the worst mine ever, and gad's mine is overrun. But you at least have haiban mine. it's one of the best mine in the game. clok has gotten many more stuff added. worth checking it out

2016-08-26 20:27:12

Ironcross, are you possibly using the really old VIP soundpack, the one claiton or what ever his name worked on? that one cause a lot of lag for some folk because of the large number of scripts and gagging. there is a slight delay between sending a command and response, but I've rarely seen that go longer than a second.
I also am more than happy to help people out in clok. I play maric, but also have a number of other characters i dust off from time to time, and there is not much I don't have at least a little experience with at this point.

2016-08-26 21:43:12

I actually get some pretty bad lag when playing clok as well. Not sure why, but it's a great game besides. Haven't played in a while though.

2016-08-27 01:01:25

if you use mush and get lag, make sure it's not the server roundtime. Many people quit because they think it's slow, and it's rather disappointing to say the least.

2016-08-27 11:48:03

I think the roundtime can be up to 3 seconds particularly with the battle command but I've never timed it

2016-08-27 16:32:01

What is Lament?

2016-08-27 18:41:54

lament is another craft and cut the way through style mud, just like clok. crafting is more complicated but more extended though, but there's not much to do besides that, sadly.

2016-08-28 01:47:24

If I were to get back into the game, the command lag would have to drastically improve, not talking about roundtimes or walking either. It is a decent game though

End racism
End division
Become united