2016-08-27 08:15:01

@Tj, Dolphin have a lot of resources but mostly they either occur in supernova itself or in person, (their phone support is rather good). Actually I'm tempted to take up their offer of building a machine for me and doing the setup of Supernova on it, since i don't necessarily know about the installation and screen reader optimizations on windows 10 and would rather not mess around trying to solve a problem (like the explorer freezing in windows 7), if I can help it.  they also offer to transfer your old data but I'd rather do this myself so I can know where my ff goes provided all the instalation of windows and sn has worked okay.
In terms of learning however, I am more concerned with getting it to work the way I! want, than having to change everything in the way I do things. For example, while I probably could live with a sprawling list in the desktop of all shortcuts to things like documents and favourites, and indeed all program icons, I'd rather not have to do that and would prefer a start menu that stays hidden until I want stufff as I said, since I'm really not into clutter in the interface.

Eg, in xp to get to my favourites I just hit ctrl escape and a, I don't have to tab to the desktop or go through a massive list of everything, I also have things like documents separate from other stuff.

As I said it does seem the modern convention in interfaces goes to far more sprawling and far less  compartmentalization.

We'll see though, it's not the immediate problem, actually I'm a little worried since I'm awake very early and have lots of performing to do today, a couple of bits of west side story plus the oberon vanwebber excert, still it's amazing what coffee and adrenaline can do big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-08-27 12:22:11

TJT1234,
I still use Vista because I got it new when it came out and have workeed around its limitations.
I got a Windows 10 laptop recently and am in the process of moving everything worth moving over to it.

2016-08-30 17:51:13

Well I'm shattered!
My lady and I have finally made it back to my flat in Durham, after lots of performing, running around the world and getting married, indeed I'm now doing a mondo transfer of everything I acquired in the past three months including books, music, audiodramas, wedding photos etc, onto my desktop from an external harddrive, after which I'll have to back it all up onto my backup drive, wooo!

Lots of waiting around for transfers but obviously worth doing.
Unfortunately the blumminess (as my wife would put it), has already started since Guide dogs phoned me to explain why they need to be contacted by my wife's guide dog school in Germany before they can actually do anything to help her. Well I intend to give them hell over this since frankly they're being burocratic arses at the moment, definitely not what I'm used to.

On the plus side, I do now have a new victor, that also means yet more transfers and shenanigans. Hopefully I can fix all of this and have some time for games and relaxing and actually being alone with my lady for a bit since we've been living with other people for months and both feel the need for just a bit of space with each other.

the performing however went extremely well, which is good, and hopefully we can find more stuff to do soon enough. We apparently made lots of people cry with the west side story duette, which is actually a good thing big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-08-31 21:58:13

Dark,
Was that song, Tony and Maria's duet, "One Hand, One Heart"
from West Side Story?

2016-09-01 08:32:14

@Phil, yes, the song in question was Tony and Maria's duette, one hand one heart.
We did do several other things at music school, I did colonel fairfax in Yomen of the guard as I said, and my lady sang in the caboray, a very unfortunate GErman song called zex appeal (people got the joke despite not speaking German), but apparently it was one hand one heart which people remember.

Yesterday was fun, albeit we didn't do much. It's really nice to sit down and just have a little space with nobody bothering either of us. I'm reading a rather cute fantasy novel called Giftwish by Graham Dunston Martin which is a little like The Hobbit, which I intend to write a review of (it's a little slow, but it has some awesome magic and a huge sence of fun).
We did however go to our local gastro pub for an awesomely nice meal which was great, I had the weerd combination of tiger prawns in garlic to start, duck stir fry (served of all things with amazing home made chips), followed by treacle sponge and custard, plus a long island ice tea.
So  quite a mixed nationality meal, but a really! nice one and one my lady enjoyed.
I also introduced her to the joys of labyrinth which she liked, though even though i did my best with description (having seen the film a lot and watched it with people like my brother who describe well,), we could really do with an audio described copy for her, sadly Blindmice mart don't have one which is irritating.

It's also nice to get back to playing Crazy party and just banging off those little arcade challenges again, indeed I also intend to download rythm rage today since thus far I've only had a short blast of the game and would like to get a little more time with it, nominally to create a db entry, but more just for fun.