2016-08-20 00:44:03

This past week I have ordered something off of amazon. It was from a third party seller if I am remembering right. I guess I could go check my records if I want to make sure. Anyway, an email came in from the seller in the last day or so after the product ship telling me to make sure I got what I order seeing that amazon sometimes repackages stuff and sells it as new. Anyway, I looked it up on line and thought that others may wish to be aware of this being a possible problem. Yes I got the product, and it does appear to be in good working order, but I thought I would bring this to everyone’s notice. They may be nothing but still... The following links are some of the things I found. Any comments? Am I barking up the wrong tree. I can see how this could go so wrong for the buyer and the seller. On the other hand, I can see how this may be hiped up a bit.
AZ will now repackage, resell some opened FBA customer returns as "New" - Amazon Seller Forums
Amazon FBA Tip – Turn OFF Amazon reselling returned items | Miles per Day
Why I’m Done Selling Through Amazon FBA | Stonemaier Games
Used Sold as New Complaints - Amazon Sellers' Lawyer

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-20 01:43:04

True story... Funniest story ever.  I purchased a multipurpose credit card sized toolkit complete with small knife, screwdrivers, scissors and a couple of other things.  I never got it, but what I did get was a pack containing no less than 22 chopsticks.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-08-20 16:41:37

I have quite a few problems with orders sold by third parties on Amazon, also known as, Amazon Marketplace Offers. The most common problems were the order never arriving or getting something other than what I ordered.

I now double check everything I order from Amazon and make certain it is either Sold or fulfilled by Amazon, that way Amazon handles the packaging and shipping of my orders, and I've never had a problem with orders where Amazon is involved in fulfilling the order.

You may not get the best prices, but you will at least get what you ordered in a timely manner, and that, to me, is worth paying a little more for.

2016-08-20 20:48:28

This was fulfilled by Amazon. The problem that was brought to my attention was that if amazon repackages the return product, it sometimes will get marked as new. This of course means that the seller has to make sure that amazon knows to send all returns back to them to check. Also heard stories that I can’t confirm of how some things would get mixed up before shipping, but I really can’t confirm or denied. All I can say is be where. The seller used fulfilled by Amazon, and they wanted, from the best I can tell, to make sure I got what I ordered. That of course the best I can tell at this time. For all I know, the seller may be covering their backside. LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-20 22:31:15

Ah, I haven't had that happen to me yet.

Mistakes can happen, my folks worked at an Amazon fulfillment senter one summer, and from what they told me about how it all works, the only way that could happen is if the returned item gets labeled as new, and that shouldn't be possible because new products and returns follow physically different paths.

I wonder if the person who reported this problem unknowingly ordered the product from Amazon's Warehouse Deals department, which is full of returned orders.

2016-08-21 02:22:47

That I wouldn't know. From some of what I read, it is this new thing that amazon started in the last two or three years where they would check your products for you when they are returned and if it looked like only the shipping box was open, then they will mark it as new and repackage it to send back out the door. The problem could be, in this case, the one who was doing the check may not have the time to check that everything is indeed there. I also read that this was an option that the seller could tell amazon not to do which would supposedly mean that the product was mark as unusable and ship back to the seller when it was return while charging the seller the shipping costs to ship it back to the seller in question. This was odd enough for me to look up. I can come up with other resources and or links if needed, but still I need to make sure I understand the problem if it is there before complaining about it. After all, I could, vary well, be complaining about nothing.

DropBox Referral

2016-08-21 18:34:55

I know what you mean, I recently replaced my color inkjet printer with a monochrome personal laser printer. I had a really tough time finding one that was accessible. I almost sent the one I eventually chose back because I couldn't get it to turn on. It turned out the power button was on the front, not the top of the printer.

That would have been embarrassing!