2016-08-09 20:51:18

I am pretty sure I didn't get that cutscene

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2016-08-09 21:31:43

If you beat the stadium, then rested at the hotel, then left the hotel, you should know what you're doing.

Alternatively, here's an idea.

slight
spoilers
Go back to your grandmother's house and see if there are any cutscenes there.
This has been covered before, by the way.
If you're still stuck, it means you almost certainly missed the cutscene somehow. Try and explore San-cott Beach and see what happens if you approach the door of the factory there.

On a different note, I have six junk manamon now (including my starter, which I'm not going to use) so I'm all ready to take my babysat mons back. This walkthrough has set me up with something like 19000 gold, and I haven't even touched Sqien Path yet.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-08-09 22:06:35 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-09 22:08:39)

Hello there,
I just knew about this game's existence and I must say the experience seams very good. The sound design progressed quite a bit since Paladin Of The Sky and it's very solid. As unoriginal as it may appear, it somewhat feels like playing a new generation of Pokemon and I'm OK with that, especially since it's done very well. So I'll pay the 40 bucks as soon as I can.
I do have a question regarding the soundtrack. Has it been composed for the game or is it like Paladin Of The Sky? I'm sorry if the question has been answered before but there are many pages on this thread.
Oh and also where is the Bell tower supposed to be, as I don't think I got to find it in the game. So could anyone at least tell if it's on a town/city or elseware?
Regards.
Pulseman

2016-08-09 22:12:16

The bell tower is actually part of hazaldale city, but you have to go through one of the houses to get to it.
The person in the house says something about his privacy being violated because people have to go through his house to get to the bell tower.
and, also, before the question comes up, you have to go through the tower twice, but the games doesn't really tell you of this.
Go through is once, and when all the NPCs start talking about going home and you've gone up as high as you can go, leave, sleep at a hotel, then come back.
Later!

2016-08-09 22:14:44

Ok. Thanks for your help.

2016-08-09 22:46:22

Um, really? I have never gone through that tower twice. Didn't even know you should bother.

2016-08-09 22:53:29 (edited by david_solomon1 2016-08-09 22:55:10)

Unless I missed something, there's no reason to go through the belltower twice. A lot of what tamer's say is just taunts, or talking about themselves going home or the like. It's not always direction as to where you should go next in the game, and if it is it's usually pretty blatant.

Having said that I actually did go back up to the top floor again at a couple points, just to see if I had missed any hidden items there or if things had changed. There's only one item there, ever, and one NPC, both of which can be reached on the first trip through the tower.

@Jayde: I'll have the server open for a bit, but I may have to leave the computer soonish, so if you try to connect and it fails, that's why. If I'm not around, I'll probably be back within a couple hours.

2016-08-09 23:47:05

Where is my game data stored so I can back that up? Also, if you start a new game, does it overwrite the data from your previous game or start you off in a new load slot? And, on a completely unrelated note, as has been said before, it would be nice to be able to have an option appear in the menus to listen to the music or other things used in the game after you've completed it. It'd be neat to have some other new content unlocked, like shops that sell things that none of the other shops do, or games that give more credits per win, or hell, having that gate at the end actually lead to another zone or entire world. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this game could be expanded.

2016-08-09 23:50:49

Game data is in users\username\AppData\roaming\vgstorm.com\manamon. Starting a new game overwrites old data, but you're given a warning first. If you want other saves, just rename your data to something else and you can start a new one, then switch them out if you ever have need to load up your old save.

I'd personally prefer save slots.

2016-08-10 00:00:13

Hey everyone.

Nice to see this topic is still quite busy.

If anyone is interested, I've started an audio playthrough/walkthrough of Manamon. It won't be nearly as detailed as the one from @Jayde probably will be, but it might help some folks who just want to get through the game.

The Dropbox link to this playthrough can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu3wenstx0mh … 1ZFxa?dl=0

I've just started it, and am up to just entering Hazeldale woods. I'm breaking up the routes, cities, and gyms in to separate files so folks don't have to fast forward to much just to get to a part they may be interested in.

Hope people enjoy it, and feel free to reach out on Twitter, or PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments. Also, I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here by doing this. I figure, everyone might have their own way of doing things, and that's what makes it fun.

Thanks, and happy Manamon taming.

Matt

2016-08-10 00:03:01

i totaly agree with save slots thing, come on, adventure at c done it.
wow jayde, 19k gold? you must have done a lot of grinding...

2016-08-10 00:04:07

I also tried going up the Bell Tower again, absolutely nothing new is in there, other than a hidden Super Encounter Down in a corner on like floor 2, which wasn't actually new, just a hidden item I missed.
I'm now climbing Ascendent's Path, and will be taking on the master stadium soon. I mostly just want to see the alternate ending scene before I play through a third time. I see no reason to complete the Manapedia a second time, if I want to reference something in a completed file, I still have my other one.

2016-08-10 00:50:06

Nope. I didn't grind hardly at all, to be honest. But there are a few things of note:
1. Two revives you can sell, one hidden and the other in a chest
2. Two rare jewels you can sell, both in the belltower; one hidden, one not
3. Hidden 1500 gold right in the starting city sorta above and to the right of your house.
That, combined with your starting gold, gives you like 14000 all by itself. Plus you can sell the super encounter down for a bit if you want, and there are a few chests with gold elsewhere, and the tamers you fight all give you a little. It adds up pretty fast.

2016-08-10 01:11:51

Endgame spoilers:

So, I'm not sure if my team this time was just better (I think I was slightly higher level when I first reached the master stadium for what it's worth), or if i'm just more familiar with all the mons, probably both, but that was easy. I completely thrashed the master stadium on my first try, and only lost 2 mons throughout the whole fight. Fauntazaur, as you might expect, trampled the fire tamer, Leonatar with a Gravity Magnet shook up the air one, water needed a bit more thought but everything ultimately went down, mostly to Junanchel, Sound went down to Fiendour and Junanchel, and the master fight was a bit more varied, but Fiendour, Leonatar (500+ damage Earthquake on Dragamier), Frenrir, and Junanchel all helped out. For my efforts, I got to witness a much more depressing ending scene, although I kind of like it for it being more personal and emotional. Still, ouch. The story elements that led up to it are sad.

Guess I'll play through again at some point soon, starting with Flammia this time. No idea who else I'm going to use at this point.

2016-08-10 01:39:15

so far,  my master team,  will be, banyardon, leonitar, mortrex, all for sure. mondible, once I level him up,  that dragon, air, flame type.  and, dranaygon?  possibly.

though training, drabao is a serious pain.

I got all the way up to upper starwalk  and then leonitar got his rump beat.  so I've got to do it all again, but this time, I'm not stopping to train, and the tamers are pretty much beat,  just need to spend the hour or so  to get back there.

speaking of, when does said grass starter get earthquake, if it does, I think jade said it does.  so.  squee.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2016-08-10 02:36:59

Banyardan gets Earthquake at 56. So it's gonna be awhile I'm afraid.

I try to always take Daedalus Dust in to areas like that. And Upper Starwalk Mountain actually has a person right near the entrance who will heal your manamon.

Loxias, very nice job. I actually like Dragomier's previous form's cry better than his final form. The final form sorta sounds like he's choking. Ditto Tigrath, I don't know why but I really dislike that cry. Haha.

I'm just levelling up my so-called dream team, they're all around level 6-7 right now, so they're not much use to anyone. No notable moves beyond the ones I've mentioned thus far like Oblivion Slash on Dussocket). Funnily enough, Domestress starts out with its only move being Rookie Kick.

2016-08-10 02:43:50

anyone have a guide for getting passed the mountain after the factory?

2016-08-10 02:51:26

Not specifically, not right yet. It's going to be a goodish while before my text guide gets that far, too.

Speaking of text guide, here you guys go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=0

See if that lets you download the file. I'll get better access later.

2016-08-10 03:09:12

ooooooo. nice. downloaded it. another question. where can I get a Montor?

2016-08-10 03:22:29

This question has been asked and answered elsewhere in this long thread. Please use the search feature. It might take a couple of minutes, but I promise you the answer is here.

2016-08-10 03:39:46

Jayde: For easier downloading, change dl=0 at the end to dl=1, that'll make browsers prompt us to download it automatically. The way you have it now still works, though. And awesome, I'm interested to read this.

2016-08-10 03:46:56 (edited by JimmyDub 2016-08-10 04:13:11)

yeah, I used search, but I didn't see any of the names of the cities for the trades. I still need to trade for the autosun first.

2016-08-10 04:16:41

Just read through your guide Jayde. Very nicely written. A couple of points.
1. I'm pretty sure my Jiminar transformed at level 24, you have it listed as 26.
2. In the house that leads to the Bell Tower, there is an NPC that gives you an item. I don't remember what it is off the top of my head, it's something to do with healing.

Not trying to nitpick of course, consider it peer review.

2016-08-10 04:44:23

I have zero problem with this sort of thing. I'm going to make mistakes and miss stuff, so thanks for pointing it out. I don't have thin skin, so critique away. I'm not exactly looking for a sentence-by-sentence analysis of the thing, its grammar may not be a hundred percent perfect throughout, but it should be more than good enough. A lot like a decent GameFAQs guide, basically.

Still levelling my so-called dream team. It's slow, slow work. They're all around level 14-15 now. Tarba got Tidal Wave to go along with Earthquake (which it had at level 1, funnily enough). Elvond got Tri-beam, and god how I hate that move but it's very powerful that early in the game, especially on Elvond's special attack. Lamgurk is worrying me because so far it's only learned Gravel Guard, which is...kind of a useless move on an earth-type manamon. Dussocket got Charge and then Charge Tackle. No real complaints there, even if Charge Tackle sucks. It's early yet. Hydrake got Power Leaf at level 12 I think.

2016-08-10 04:44:28

hi,
I do remember what is. The item you get in that house is a paralysis vacseen.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."