2009-05-17 14:53:59

the dollop of newsage we're dishing up today concerns yet more tasty, solitary adventures of a canine sort.

that is to sayk, the diligent bunch at project.aon have put up yet another htmlified, accessible gamebook in the lonewolf series, ----- this one the first of the new order cycle, entitled voyage of the moonstone.

To find out more, check out our project.aon gamelist entry here

or to start off getting stoned immediately, the Website can be found here

AAs they're fond of saying on Project.aon for Sommerlund and the Kai, ---- and a nasty headache to all evil sorcerers everywhere!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-05-17 21:06:26

Laugh, getting stoned. I really must check these out some time.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-05-17 21:47:50

I'd highly recommend them. Some of the best gamebooks I've ever played, with a continuing story that goes through all 28 books. Voyage of the Moonstone is 21, ----- though Project.aon do seem to be converting them rather quickly now.

Though there is random death, it's much less than in the fighting fantasy system, ----- getting through the books is much more dependent on what skills you choose at the start. Skills, equipment etc also transfer from book to book which is rather fun.

There are also single page versions of many of the books available which feature descriptions of the one or two illustration based puzles (I can think of two in the entire first twelve books).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-05-18 07:52:57

yae!,was waiting for this book..

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter