2016-08-06 19:46:28

About my joining, I was fealing bored, so I decided to join tt to take a look. I found Akilor, Jimmy, Sam and Smoke. I wasn't aware of what's going on, until Ronald asked why Amine is in the call? After that, Sam left and then Smoke told me to leave until they finish, so I did.
Hahahahahahah, Ronald, let me say something. When Sam read the logs, there was like, you were giving grenades to Mahedee. After that, when someone elss asked you for antibiotics or I don't know what item they wanted exactly, you told them to ask other players for that.
Anyway, I guess the log is stil with Sam.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-08-06 20:46:56

no, one, said, Ronald, hacked, Sam's, NVDA

ronald claimed his NVDA was hacked and someone was using his computer to make crash word accounts and sign into STW. simply because he wanted to get pissy and try to ruin the game for everyone who was playing who had nothing to do with any of this, that is very clear from our skype conversation. and of course he is going to say that, he couldn't possibly admit he did something wrong, that would never happen.

and give me a break, yes of course you would upload a part of a conversation, let's cut out all the parts that make the self aclaimed angel Ronald look bad, and upload what you choose to let people see. i mean honestly, how dumb do you think everyone is? ronald has already told someone he had an edited version, who knows what he cut out? only him, and he will of course cut out everything he doesn't want people to know. he could say he is going to upload the entire conversation, but will it be the actual whole thing? i very highly doubt that.

and ah yes the one thing that is most important for being an admin, you have to be trusted. that means not giving items to your friends for free. not moving yourself around and using admin commands to cheat or give yourself an advantage. trusted not to mess up the game. that you are going to work towards making the game better. and simply rofl of course 40 others could do it, that's so damn easy to throw out there, has it been done before? but honestly the only one who can answer to why anyone is an admin is sam, so he can answer your questions if he decides to.

2016-08-07 06:36:33 (edited by kianoosh 2016-08-07 06:37:35)

smoke-j. If you would like, I may upload all of that conversation. I don't care you, or anyone else to edit the call. I don't have an unlimited internet, and I think most of the people knu it already.
So, i'm gonna call Ronald to upload it, cause his internet is unlimited.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-08-07 06:48:59

Message of the day: So guys, for those of you asking what's happening to the fishing village, Me and the admins have been stepping up the destruction in there. All half the game does is sits in there waiting for the next gift or the next water boddle to pick up. The loosing health thing? It isn't a bug. It was intensional. Don't want it to happen? Don't sit in the gass station for 4 hours. Problem solved. But most admins have been working hard to bomb the village royally so people learn to get in, grab there stuff, and get out. Now you know. The stuff that's happening to the village, the desert taking thirst... That's all intensional. The game has always been a little to easy, so you shouldn't complain if we make it a little more tricky. big_smile Anyway, for those of you asking why it's a bug and asking me to fix it, well, now you know.

Lets' break this down  a bit. Sorry in advance if any of this is going a bit far, but I feel the need to point out the ridiculousness of all this. I'll list some suggestions at the end so I hopefully don't come off as a huge jerk.

All half the game does is sits in there waiting for the next gift or the next water boddle to pick up.

First, gift spawns are very, very fast. There's really no reason for anyone to stay waiting for gifts because the gift limit is 16 gifts per day. Additionally, sometimes you might have multiple people trying to get their 16 gifts, so they either have to compete for the gifts or wait for others to finish getting theirs. Also, if people want to hang out in the gift shop, what's the problem? It's no different than hanging out anywhere else in the open with no wild animals with PK turned off. it isn't against the rules or anything, but you're making it seem like it's a horrible crime that must be punished whenever possible.

Second of all, do you know why people stay in the gas station in other areas to wait for item spawns? Do you? Anyone? Raise your hands. Okay. It's because spawns are extremely slow, unless something's changed recently. Painfully slow. Someone can go in, grab an item, and none will spawn for a while. The next guy who tries to get something and get out is going to find nothing, so what do they do? They wait. Maybe multiple people are waiting for item spawns. What are they going to do? Sit there and wait. What are people going to do if some jerk is just sitting there taking items because they can? Probably try to compete for said items. Again as with the gift shop, what is the problem with people hanging out there as long as they're not causing problems for other people?

The loosing health thing? It isn't a bug. It was intensional. Don't want it to happen? Don't sit in the gass station for 4 hours. Problem solved.

Someone with 1000 health is going to lose a lot of health in less than 4 hours. The only people this won't be a problem for are the people who buy upgrades or manage to get a ton of bandaids. This happens whether you're moving or not, so sitting in one place is irrelevant. Even when you're getting things and getting out, you're losing health.

But most admins have been working hard to bomb the village royally so people learn to get in, grab there stuff, and get out.

I apologize, but no words can even begin to describe how utterly disgusted I am with this single statement alone. Admins are there to help players, not screw with them. There is absolutely nothing in the rules that says a player can't stay in one area, nor stay in a building for an extended period of time. Is this how you plan to treat players? Dictate how they can and can't play the game even when they're not breaking any rules or how long they can stay in a given area? I want to play Survive The Wild, not Survive The Wrath of Anal Admins. I'm really sorry if this is harsh, but seriously? Again, this isn't fair to those who don't buy health upgrades at all.

The stuff that's happening to the village, the desert taking thirst... That's all intensional. The game has always been a little to easy, so you shouldn't complain if we make it a little more tricky.

The desert taking thirst makes sense. I agree 100% with this. It should take a lot of water to survive in a desert, and water is something you can get plenty of if you know what you're doing.

What I do not and never will agree with are the drastic changes that are happening in regards to the fishing village, especially when it comes to admin intervention. If you want to make things tricky, fine. Do it in a way that makes sense, or remove the areas that detract from your vision of the game. If the fishing village is a problem area, then remove it instead of making it so people can't enjoy it. If you really want to make the game more tricky, remove all this teleporter and death free card crap. All this is doing is hurting those who don't pay for extras. I myself have to travel to the village manually, only to find out that I'm being screwed over because, oh guess what, people aren't playing how the admins want people to play. It's stupid, and nothing is going to change my opinion. There's making the game tricky, and there's making it retarded because some people aren't playing it the way you want them to play it. I work hard to be able to get to the fishing village the way it was intended, allow me to enjoy it.

Now that I've torn this apart and given my opinions, here are my suggestions. Keep in mind I don't know how difficult it would be to add any of these.

First, have a spawn item pickup limit per player per area. For example, you can only pick up 20 things from the gas station, hospital, camp ground, etc, per day. This eliminates the problem of people just grabbing everything all the time, and also gives them less of a reason to stay in those areas. To offset it, slightly increase the spawn time on items.

Second, make bombings and buildings catching on fire natural disasters, but make them somewhat rare and at least somewhat easier to avoid. This completely eliminates the need for admins to intervene, and players aren't in complete safety all the time. If a player needs to step away, they can log out. This makes a lot more sense than admins nuking people.

If a building is bombed, give it radiation that lowers health for some amount of time. Also make the building take health if it's burning. Don't have it taking health all the time. Also give buildings some sort of status on track, such as radioactive or on fire so the player knows what they're getting into.

That's all I have, unfortunately. Again, I apologize for being harsh, but if no one speaks up, it'll just be assumed that things are fine. This, in my opinion, is not fine. If you want people to enjoy your game, dictating how they can and can't play it outside the rules using means that make littel to no sense isn't the way to go about it.

2016-08-07 13:42:12

ROFL, even if you upload it, who is the dum who would beleive that the call wasn't edited?

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-08-07 13:56:54

as I saidI don't care anyone, and sam may listen and say that it's edited, or, not! and here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15y6iujeh9qwv … 6.mp3?dl=1
O by the way smoke was in the call too.

---

2016-08-07 13:58:53 (edited by Reza.jdp 2016-08-07 14:01:48)

at amine
can you stop justifying others?
and, haven't you found any better excuses?
you're like a person who's paid to justify others. did ya know?
keep your head down on your work, not on other's!

Check out Sonorous Arts on GitHub: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/

2016-08-07 17:54:09

At Ronald
I'm not payed to do anything, I'm just telling, facts, somethings wich are true. You can not tell me stop, because this is in a public forum, and if you do, so tell KiaNoosh the same thing.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-08-07 18:31:39

Draq just so you are aware, yes admins are suppose to help but we have to do so so much more, it is not all just helping, that's only a part of it. and yes part of the game is surviving in a land that is still under war. the issue was that there was no one doing this before, the bombs, fires, rockslides, and now the title waves. now there is and everyone has already adjusted to that, none of it is a death sentence, the chance of it actually killing you is very slim. and as for getting gifts, it is still very simple to go get them and get out. and with the gas station, plenty of folks have still found ways to get items in it, you don't die within 3 seconds of stepping foot in the building. personally I like the extra challenge for the game, it makes it more interesting. and saying you are disgusted, and that is just ridiculous. guess what, me an jimmy are admins and we hardly ever have teleporters, so we paddle to the village just like you do. we go there, get our stuff, then we get out and go play the game. people still have their ways to stay in the village, and that is up to them, but they have to change their tactics.

2016-08-07 19:34:21

Hi.
I should just shut up since I'm not playing the game, but I'm still following the topic.
It's so sad to see all this drama crap. Please, stop it, if you want the game to survive and not just turn into something which people just stop playing because of bad people, complainers and drama.
I will highly recommend anyone who likes the game, that includes the players, the admins and of course Sam to stop answering all that drama crap on the public forums, and either ignore it or take it in the game, or privately. Why? Because, when people look at this topic to see if the game is worth checking out, bad drama and crap is what they are seeing.
Please, stop posting private chat logs on a public forum. I know you are doing that to aprove that what you are saying is right. But, do you expect your own private messages, chats or mails to be posted on a public forum? I don't think so. So, why do you even have people you don't like on your Skype? Just asking...
I'm not trying to tell people what to do and what not to do. I'm just trying to give some advice. I could just shut up and not care at all since I'm not currently playing the game, but I do really care about the game and this awesome project. Watching all this from outside when not being a part of all this, the game and the drama, I'm seeing one of the best projects in an audiogame quickly getting totally messed up in total drama. I would absolutely hate to see the game shut down because of that. I think, if you who like the game could at leased try to minimize the drama by taking every private crap off the public forum and ignore drama comments, then I think a lot of the drama will fade away. Just my opinion.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-08-07 19:46:25 (edited by kianoosh 2016-08-07 19:48:59)

at amine.
smoke-j used the words"his friends." i'm one of them, So I should defense for my pryvisy
this is why i'm telling such things
and agreed with slj. I think we should discausse about it in a public topic

---

2016-08-07 20:43:36

hmm, guys, i think sam gave ronnald an admin rank because of the iranien comunity, noone could talk with them and they cheated like the hell and did loads of other chrap whitch i won't talk about here. i think sam thought that ronnald could help him deal with the iranien comunity

2016-08-07 20:56:16

At KiaNoosh
Friends? Millions against 5? A bit not fair, I can't stay frozen.
Well, I'm just telling truths, and true things. So telling me to shut up is just, escaping, from, the, truth.
Ronald has done bad things, we all know. I assure you, that nobody liked when Ronald was given an other chance ecsept  iranians.
^So, this is a public forum, and you know that if you post here, anyone would reply. If you want to talk to only some people, you have many private ways to do.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-08-08 02:53:42

Smoke-J wrote:

Draq just so you are aware, yes admins are suppose to help but we have to do so so much more, it is not all just helping, that's only a part of it. and yes part of the game is surviving in a land that is still under war. the issue was that there was no one doing this before, the bombs, fires, rockslides, and now the title waves. now there is and everyone has already adjusted to that, none of it is a death sentence, the chance of it actually killing you is very slim. and as for getting gifts, it is still very simple to go get them and get out. and with the gas station, plenty of folks have still found ways to get items in it, you don't die within 3 seconds of stepping foot in the building. personally I like the extra challenge for the game, it makes it more interesting. and saying you are disgusted, and that is just ridiculous. guess what, me an jimmy are admins and we hardly ever have teleporters, so we paddle to the village just like you do. we go there, get our stuff, then we get out and go play the game. people still have their ways to stay in the village, and that is up to them, but they have to change their tactics.

Like I said, I'm all for making things more interesting. The desert making you more thirsty was a nice change. Changes that actually make sense and make the game more realistic are awesome. Tidal waves, neat. Rockslides, neat. These are perfectly fine. I applaud those efforts. That isn't what I'm seeing here regarding the village though. If Sam had actually said, hey guys, the game is about surviving in a land that's currently in the middle of a huge war so the game's going to be changed to reflect that a bit more, then I'd understand.

What disgusts me isn't that Sam wants to have the game be more challenging. It's the reasoning I'm hearing regarding admins bombing the village specifically and why the gift shop and gas station lower health. What it boils down to for me is people aren't getting in, getting what they need, and getting out. It seems that's how Sam wants people to play, so he's forcing the issue and telling the other admins to force the issue. It seems to have nothing at all to do with the state of the game world from the information I've seen, especially in the MOTD I pasted in my last post. Specifically the following four parts:

"So guys, for those of you asking what's happening to the fishing village, Me and the admins have been stepping up the destruction in there."

I'm sorry, but this is about the fishing village, not the entire game being in a land that's currently at war. He specifically says the fishing village.

"All half the game does is sits in there waiting for the next gift or the next water boddle to pick up."

This is clearly something that Sam doesn't want, and it seems to be specific to the fishing village. Even so, if people want to do it, what's the problem as long as they're not causing trouble for others? I still haven't seen anyone telling me why it's a problem, especially for the gift shop. As I've said, it's the same as staying in a place on the mainland with no wild animals with PK turned off or in the camp ground waiting for items to spawn, and there are valid reasons for staying to wait for items to spawn that seem to be ignored when I bring them up.

"Don't want it to happen? Don't sit in the gass station for 4 hours. Problem solved."

Since Sam doesn't want people to stay in those buildings even when they're doing absolutely nothing wrong, he's going to make them slowly kill you if you stay in them. He gives no explanation as to why your health is being lowered other than he doesn't want people staying there for hours. A better solution would be to change spawning so people don't have to stay and wait to get the items they want. The only explanation of this I've heard was radiation, which is a poor explanation because radiation, as I pointed out, doesn't just contain itself to a single place unless there's a material to keep it contained. If there's seriously that much radiation, it should be poisoning the entire village and not just the buildings. The gift shop slowly killing you is even more ridiculous than the gas station due to the gift limit and how fast they spawn. If the effects of being in a building were really aimed at people staying in there for hours, it shouldn't affect people who are actually getting what they need and getting out of them. Again, this is overkill. Not staying in there for 4 hours does not solve the problem. You still lose health no matter what you do. What if you lose enough health in the buildings and then get killed by a bomb sent by an admin? Not cool.

"Most admins have been working hard to bomb the village royally so people learn to get in, grab there stuff, and get out."

To me, this is saying, people aren't playing the game the way Sam wants them to, so he's going to condition them to play it the way he wants them to instead of actually trying to deal with why people play the way they have been since the area's been there. Never mind that these buildings in this abandoned village seem to be able to survive multiple bombings and fires completely unharmed, and why are they wasting bombs on a place that's abandoned in the first place? I honestly can't see what else it would mean.

That MOTD says nothing about a war. It says nothing about radiation in the buildings. It says nothing about why it makes any sense in the game. It clearly says that people aren't going in, getting their things, and getting out fast enough for his liking, and it clearly talks about a single area in the game.

I outlined why people sit there in the gas station and other item spawn locations and gave a suggestion to make that a bit better. If you're looking for something specific, it's a huge pain to find what you want. Sometimes you'll get what you want, sometimes you'll get something useless. Sometimes nothing is there because the last guy got the last item a few minutes ago. It's not possible to simply get in, get your stuff, and get out the way things spawn right now. It's really only possible with gifts, and spending half an hour or more mashing keys and boating to the village just to pick up 16 gifts that give you random items and spending another half an hour or so heading immediately back to the mainland is kind of silly, in my opinion. That's why I say this really only affects people who don't buy teleporters or health boosts. Just because someone found a way to get around it doesn't make it universally okay.

There are also a few things to do in the village. You can buy things from vending machines, dig in trash cans, microwave food, etc. Why on earth make a map full of content to explore and enjoy that takes a long time and a ton of key mashing to go to if you don't want people to spend time there? How in the world is that at all logical? If the area or content doesn't fit with the theme of the game, I think it should be removed instead of what's happening now, especially due to bombing.

Lastly, I know Sam has plans to update the story, but something seriously needs to be put in about the threat of bombings from the war. I thought the point was that you fled from the war in your home town and got stranded on the island. The story doesn't say anything about the war being everywhere, and there's nothing in the game's description about bombings whatsoever or where the town even is. It's supposed to be Survive The Wild, not Survive The War. This further proves to me that these things are being done simply because Sam doesn't like the way people play the game.

That's all I'm saying. The changes could have been thought out a lot more and implemented better so it isn't punishing everyone and making it seem like it's Sam throwing a fit because people arent doing what he wants. He has every right to do what he wants as the creator of the game, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous to me as a player just trying to have fun. I'm just calling it how I see it, and the explanations I'm getting don't really match sam's own words. If I'm misunderstanding things, it's because I'm getting answers that make absolutely no sense.

2016-08-08 03:03:11

there ya go, thumb up for ya, draq big_smile

2016-08-08 09:17:46

hi drack, before i wouldn't agree with you but after thought abit about it, i think you are completely right, if sam could increase the spawn time of items this wouldn't happend and people should not stay in the village for a long time

2016-08-08 10:11:03

That won't solve the problem.
Even if Sam increases the contem spawn time, people will wait until an item spawns and get them.
If I find the gas station or gift shop, I would switch to different tasks and play another game or search something until the next contem spawnes. And one more problem. Nobody will be able to pick up items if a person stays in the specific area and picks every items up. I think, a boringness system would be better. That is, if a player stays in one area for an extended period of time, the character, (not the person who plays the game, the ingame person who stays in the specific area) will be bored and try to escape that area. And, once the character escaped that area, he will never try to enter that area again for a day.

2016-08-08 13:53:27

Hi. Yes, I will say that I probably wrote that MOTD slightly harsh, ok more than slightly and that wasn't the point. And i'm not doing it simply because I don't want people in the village. I did it to rase the games challenge, and make it a little hard to get more of the modern items. I don't want it removed, I just wanted to limit it a bit more. Now there will be way more compitition when it comes to getting items. I will say I find it a little meh when most of the game is milling about in the giftshop, but i'm not doing that purely to stop it. I agree that I need to come up with better reasons for the health los rather than just fire and radiation. I'm thinking a gass leak. I think it makes the game more chalenging this way. It's original name is survive the wild, and the reason that I am having everyone focus on the fishing village is because it contains so many modern items. I don't mind if people have them, I just want it hard to get them. It makes people constantly have to stay on guard and be ready. I do apologize for the harsh MOTD, I agree that was quite overkill. Again not because i'm dictating how people play, hell at somepoint i'll probably add gass masks etc etc etc, but the point of the game is to not have 23000 grenades and 256000 water boddles. I will say I have a big inventory on the SamTupy character, but I usually don't play the game with that char. When I play the game I go on JohnDean, which I will say hasn't been done in a really long time. I should play on that char some more. But it's called survive the wild. Smoke's fact about the current war is a bit overkill, but kind of true. Trust me the story is being massivly updated to include more of this stuff, but I can only make a huge audio production like that so fast. My plan is that because of the bombings that happened in the fishing village thus the reason it was abandoned in the firstplace, there are many leaked gasslines which lead to random fires and random explosions. As for the bombs falling, people from the radiated city. They see people, automaticly think there residents of the village, and bomb it. I have had a plan for this stuff, and again I apologize for the quite rude MOTD, but please give me time to put the entire plan into effect.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-08-08 20:18:18 (edited by kianoosh 2016-08-08 20:19:44)

at sam tuppy, I have a suggestion:
please add pets, Or some horses. Let the players to kach a horse or pet, and use it as their transformation.
I think it's not so bad in the wild, and then, people can do some difrent quests, race with their horses together.
I think horsriding's code is not so hard for you. If a player hits the horse, he scape to words him, and hit him. It'll take some large amount of health.
Horse should not back when he hits a player. If he/she has good chance,, he/she will kill him.
Let the player to combine an item with strings to control a horse. Something like a rope, With a metal connected to it's end.
and if the horse hit a wall, player should drop down and it should take some amount of health.
isn't it awesome? But I think it will take a time to code such this thing.
But if you do it, it will be awesome.

---

2016-08-09 09:01:38

at kianoosh shakeri
yep, horses will be cool in the wild.
and guys, new update, new server available for all, i'm downloading now.

2016-08-09 10:59:24

The arrow keys don't usually work for some reason. I don't know if it has something to do with entering a menu or using nvda. my character is about to die of thirst because I can't move her to the water.

2016-08-09 16:07:54

@ arcadia
Make sure you are standing up, if not, press r to stand up. And also, if you want to hold the arrows to walk, press the x key. You'll hear auto walking enabled.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-08-09 17:03:00

Hi guys, just downloaded the new STW update, but there is something wrong, and I know that it's not my Internet connection, every time I open the game, it says speed hack detected, I'm not even logged in yet, I'm just in the main menu of the game. Can someone please enlighten me if you have this same issue, I just find it a bit weird, with the older versions it worked fine, it's just with this knew update. Thanks in advance.

2016-08-09 21:14:29

at Donavin.Liebgott
try uninstall stw, and download from samtupy.com
and guys, new server is realy good, double fast than another server, but double laggy than another server, lol, I got a a lots of lag, and a lots of server kick.
greetings

2016-08-10 14:46:24

Well, the server lag a lot. and when I logged in, only 3 people are online.

Follow me on Mastodon.