2016-07-28 21:07:07

The Arcade doors aren't locked behind you, they're locked in front of  you.  There's a reason you have to play a minigame to unlock the door going forward, and it should remain open.  If you really wanted to answer this question, you could of just saved, go through, and went back to see the door still opened.

2016-07-28 21:18:03

A question for Aaron Baker:

So when someone connects to me, I'm told first, waiting on other players. Then I hear that someone has joined and I'm taken immediately to the trading interface. Is this a bug? It sounds like more than one player is supposed to be able to connect, but the game automatically advances to the trade menu after just one player connects. Perhaps the multiple user interface only applies to battles? If that's the case, I think it would be cool if more than one user could connect to a trade host, that way people could host a server for those that can't forward their ports.

2016-07-28 21:23:43

@david_solomon1
The game currently only supports a connection between two people.
Best,
Aaron

2016-07-28 21:35:06

Hmm. Nothing I do seems to work, not even when I try and connect to other people.

this is really kind of annoying now.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-07-28 21:38:28

Aaron,
Any hints whatsoever about this last manamon that no one's ever seen before? I'm slowly starting to work on my manamon catching by levelling the things I have so they evolve and whatnot, hoping one of the prizes I get will do something.

Of course, this will necessitate either me figuring out my port/connection issues somehow, or you making things like Mortrex/Lamgurk available via in-game trades the same way you have with Bearran. I intend to get my hands on a Grizzlord, see how good it is. It sounds badass.

2016-07-28 21:38:37

@Jayde, sorry, if you tried connecting to me, I had the server shut down for a minute. I figured someone would try just after I walked away for a minute, lol. Can you please try again?

2016-07-28 21:50:44

Okay, gonna try now.

2016-07-28 21:53:36

Awesome, looks like it worked. Can you turn on online messaging so we can talk in the game? I don't really understand why that is turned off by default.

2016-07-28 22:23:20

Well that was sort of a hassle and a half but I think we both walked away satisfied. Haha. Thank you very much for both the server and the trades, DavidSolomon1.

Now I can focus on a pile of others available to me already, like Effigem and Groller and stuff. This is literally the only thing I have left to do in the game I think.

For anyone else able to host (I can't, I know that much), I'm looking for a water or a grass starter, and can provide a flame starter.
Beyond that, I think I will be able to have a complete manapedia. Or nearly complete, except for that last one of course.

And then I'll be backing off a bit. Once you know a game inside out, and burn yourself out like I have, there are really only two options. Drop it forever, or play more casually.

If and/or when I play again, I'll be trying different mons (will probably start with Aquaffe as well). I might actually give Trumer a try, or Wizz over Jackanaipe (hell, maybe even Gronk). I'll probably still have my trusty ice type because I really do hate that Irroadium fight, but beyond that, I want to get a better idea of who's good and who's not, and more importantly, why.

Does water have a 95-power equivalent to Torch, by the way? Because so far most of what I've seen is like Drench, Tidal Wave or Storm Rush. Flame gets not only Torch but Fire Stream, which sounds kinda cool but yeah.

Sorry, rambling.

2016-07-28 22:34:04 (edited by Loxias 2016-07-28 22:51:53)

Aww darn, I just missed the trading. I'd like to try it out though, doubt I have anything at this point that people need, but if anyone wants to breed a non-Leaffox starter for me, I can try to come up with something useful to exchange.

So question, when setting up my port forwarding, I have to enter both private and public ports, is it 15000 and 15001 for both?

I must say, this feature automatically assumes your player is computer savvy. That is generally not an assumption you want to make, you're probably excluding the majority of your players. Paying players.

2016-07-28 23:20:36

Loxias, I'd be glad to trade you a flammea for leafox, whenever you have time. Just let me know when you're available and I'll set up the server.

As for port forwarding, I'm not sure about private and public ports, I'd probably just set them both to 15000 and 15001 if they both have port ranges.

A note to anyone setting up trades, remember that for some reason, online messaging is turned off by default, so if you want to communicate with your trading partner at all, you need to press shift f2 to turn it on. For some reason the command doesn't seem to work sometimes, I had to use left shift, whereas someone I was trading with said left shift didn't work for him.

2016-07-28 23:28:42

Sounds good. If you don't mind, can we try having me host? Want to see if I've done it properly. Let me know if so, and I'll PM you my IP. not so sure I want to broadcast it to the public.

2016-07-28 23:30:09

Loxias, I don't know if you can host but if you have Leafox, I have Flammia, and can do you a trade. You're far enough in the game that you can breed, right? If so, you wouldn't have to lose your own Leafox, I'd be perfectly happy trading two level 1 mons.

And yeah, you're absolutely right. This sort of thing usually involves messing around with routers and whatnot. I'm not sure if there was another way around though, since a server of the sort that would support this would also cost for its upkeep.

On a totally unrelated-to-servers note: Effigem's line really, really underwhelms. I'm trying to get Simulon, and I just had a gander at his stats. He's nearly level 40 and neither his attack or special attack is above 38. Now, he has no trains on him, but still. He's defensive, but has very little Hp. I dunno, maybe Simulon suddenly becomes awesome, but somehow I doubt it.

155 seen, 90 owned now, and many of the ones I don't own are because I haven't evolved stuff, or haven't caught the common stuff.

2016-07-28 23:32:37

@Loxias: Sure, I don't mind at all if you host. We can give that a try whenever you're ready.

2016-07-28 23:39:02

Ok David, you've got a PM with my IP, let me know if it doesn't work here.
@Jayde, looks like I'm settled, although if you have Aquaf through trading, I wouldn't mind having one of those as well.
Also: slight spoilers:
Sheepit and Apparision (probably spelling that wrong) are the only trade transformations, is that correct? Might as well get that done and over with while I'm here.

2016-07-28 23:41:57

There's also Bearran, but you can do that trade in-game if you take a little time.

Yeah, still only have the fire starter thus far. If I can get Aquaffe and Leafox I'm pretty much set, and won't need to trade anymore.

2016-07-28 23:44:18

Actually there are lots of games that use online communication that don't have a central server, I'm thinking here particularly of games like crazy party, sound rts or palace punchup. One person hosts a server and others connect to them, but there's no need mostly to mess with actually giving out an Ip or messing with rooter settings or the like.

I do rather like the collection aspect, I'm up to 57 species now, and I probably will have an expedition to go and find a sprusal if I don't decide to evolve saple, one reason why I hope online trading gets changed somewhere along the line.

Btw, one thing I notice is your character doesn't actually change in the game. Though your manamon level, you! don't, which is rather odd. That actually might be a nice way to change the grind a little, by giving your character levels and experience as well as your creatures,, th with the higher the level of your character, the more xp you get from battles representing your abilities as a manamon tamer increasing (since obviously the more manamon you tame the quicker you can do it).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-28 23:47:25

@Jayde: I can still send you a Leaffox if you want one. I have only just reached Snowstar City, so if you like, you can send me something I won't have hadthe chance to encounter yet, or something. I don't really care what.

2016-07-29 00:00:43 (edited by Jayde 2016-07-29 00:05:24)

Sure, I can do that, Loxeas. I'll need your IP though, since I'll have to have you host.

And Dark, I think what I'd rather see is an item you earn which can be turned on or off from the inventory, and basically boosts exp. It would be easier to code than actual character levels, and it would serve essentially the same purpose. You'd get it either at a fixed point in the story, or (and I like this one better) as a reward for catching a certain number of manamon (say 50-60). You've got to be pretty dedicated to get this thing.
And by boost, I don't mean double or anything. Say 1.25x or 1.5x, max. Because trainers really can give quite a bit of experience even without bonuses.
And hell, for all I know this sort of item is in the game already. I did just get an item that boosts gold earned when equipped to a manamon, after all.

2016-07-29 00:04:19

Ok, I sent it to you in a PM. I'll be on in a minute.

2016-07-29 00:10:36

If anyone would be willing to trade me an aquaf for a flammea or leaffox, I'd really appreciate it.

2016-07-29 00:12:07 (edited by Loxias 2016-07-29 00:13:02)

That goes for me as well. Seems not too many people started with that. Oh and thanks, Jayde. Have fun with Leaffox.

2016-07-29 00:16:30

OMG, i'm at the first leader and she's owning me. own own own own own! rofl, i have a grass type, i'm not sure what be water at this point of the game. oh well, at least i'm leveling my party with pretty much no gap in between my 3 mons and i'm planning to throw away chingle because it sucks!

2016-07-29 00:28:25

I started with aquaffe, but already think I prefer leafox.  though somewhere down the line I'll be trying out all the starters properly, so we'll see.

2016-07-29 00:43:15

Leafox is way way better than Flammia, that's for sure. I don't know about Aquaffe. It does get a nice move (I know because it owned me with it) in AquaZap, at higher levels, but as far as stat spread and overall what it gets? Not sure.

Heh, and I just discovered a neat trick for levelling really weak mons.

some
spoilers

There's a legendary who learns Oblivion Slash. Oblivion Slash does recoil damage.
So fight stuff, and use Oblivion Slash from time to time, even if it kills you. Try and set it up so that the killing slash also kills whatever you hit. Then bring in whatever you were training (say with the EXP Pal?), and you'll get thousands of experience. It's kind of painstaking, but the best part is, your legendary is getting train points while you do this.
The upgraded stadium may technically be faster, but if you're using legendaries it will also be harder because stuff tends to hit really really hard in there.

Just got an item called Mt. Cinder Torch, which allows the use of the move Torch when equipped. That's cool. Torch is a pretty damn good fire move.

I have now seen 157 of 158 manamon, and I own 99. I'm getting there, but it's really starting to feel like a slog now.