2016-07-23 11:00:39

Hi.
It has been quite a while since SL has been discussed here, but I heard like in 2015 about a way to play SL as a blind person.
Can maybe someone tell me where I can find the resources for playing this game?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-07-23 12:26:06

is this kind of mud or...

2016-07-25 02:31:17

no, second life is a virtual world, a rather large virtual world with ground content, that is, land greater than that of Manhatton New York. I've played this world for a bit, and I gave up on it rather quickly because quite frankly, it's no real fun unless you can be creative in world, which the blind aren't yet able to do. While we're on the subject of virtual worlds however, I'd like to take this opportunity to share with my audio gaming friends that I have a big dream to build us our own virtual world where you can build anything and sell it for virtual currency. It would be a pretty much player run world with the players building and using pretty much everything inside the world and it would be a futuristic world. Since Danny is no longer around and doesn't want to be found, I figure it's up to guys like us to build our own worlds and be the pioneers here. I'm not angry at Danny at all, I feel rather badly for him since he obviously wasn't happy here, I'm sincerely sorry to hear that, but I suppose you can't please everyone. So please tell me what you think of my idea, and if you want a storyline, I'll sit and come up with a bit of one but remember this world will be mostly player driven with you taking on the roll of a human colonist.

2016-07-25 02:47:20

all you need is radegast.  just go to radegast.org/ to download it. I used to play it a lot. was able to drive cars using the 3d view and an XBox controller. it was really cool. talking about it really makes me want to play it again. I really loved the theme parks and halloween rides and events last year too. well. time to jump back in to the action. oh, and stw was the main reason I stopped playing second life. I love stw too damn much to play anything else.

2016-07-25 04:19:34

how do I do that? drive cars? etc

devin

2016-07-25 15:27:44

I'll have to find a link to the cars I have. you don't have to do anything extra to use them like a lot of others

2016-07-26 19:48:15

wow, I was an active second life player until I got busy and didn't whent back, but I still receive mails from Virtual ahbility and I still have radegast installed, though I don't know if there are any new updates.
And now that you bring this into life, Jees I'm missing my mentors, Selene highwater and the others. I think they have accounts on this forum, not sure at all, but hope to see them soon

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-07-26 20:39:45

damn. forgot how cool this game is. guys. even if you have just a bit of vision, check out the 3d view. it's really cool.

2016-07-26 21:08:21

oh  my,  what about the soundscapes in each world? that's even cool!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-07-27 00:24:15

Andy93 wrote:

wow, I was an active second life player until I got busy and didn't whent back, but I still receive mails from Virtual ahbility and I still have radegast installed, though I don't know if there are any new updates.
And now that you bring this into life, Jees I'm missing my mentors, Selene highwater and the others. I think they have accounts on this forum, not sure at all, but hope to see them soon

Hi, Andy! Yes, I am Celene and I have an account here.

Radegast is still active and there are exciting things in the works for those of us who can not see. I read a post above about someone wanting to build their own virtual world. It sounds cool. But SL does offer a lot more functionality for the blind than people think. It takes time to learn it.

I may not build actual objects, but I can be creative. There are other blind users who also have creative endeavors inside Sl.

Remember, that this is a totally sighted world that is opening up[ to us and they want to help us integrate inside it. There is strength in active numbers which means that the more blind people who join and become active, the more of a voice we have.

I can tell you from personal experience that the community as a whole is very kind and inviting. I used to work for a newspaper inworld, I fish all the time, and along the way I have met some amazing people.

2016-07-27 00:27:31

JWoodill21 wrote:

damn. forgot how cool this game is. guys. even if you have just a bit of vision, check out the 3d view. it's really cool.

J, why not come over to Virtual Ability and introduce yourself?

Have you ever been underwater? It is really cool under the sea on some sims. There is a dance club that has a dancefloor that looks like a huge pearl. Someone described it to me the last time I was there. It sounded beautiful! I think it's at Creations Park.

2016-07-27 00:40:01

not sure how to go there. it wasn't in the list of places last time I checked.

2016-07-27 00:56:48

oh. found it. someone gave me the wrong name for it on another forum. was wondering why I couldn't find it. lol.

2016-07-27 09:20:13

Lol. Place names in SL can be tricky because you have to either type the exact name into the map or do a search with keywords in the places search. How did you like it? They have a really active community there.

2016-07-27 15:50:14

umm hello, guys
I have tryed to register into the game but, Registration is unavailable at this time.
I really would like to try it out , any guied for blind players or    something?

2016-07-27 16:12:33

noone was there. lol. still trying to learn more about the game. just starting out really.

2016-07-29 02:46:36

hi guys. I read the accessibility guide, but I'm not sure what else you can do in second life with radegast. anyone have any suggestions of things to do?

2016-07-31 01:57:38

Hi all,
I'm new to SL, created my own topic before stumbling across this one.
For guys who are having trouble registering, you need to use IE(as someone who was using firefox for registration myself, I quickly decided to try another browser which did the trick)..
Now to figure out the intricasys of SL...
HTH,

Daniel

2016-07-31 04:40:21

I played this for a little while, and I loved it. The soundscapes were amazing.
I stopped playing games for a while, because my best friend passed away, but I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get into virtual worlds. If you have a bit of patience, it's well worth it, and the Virtual Ability group is really friendly.

2016-08-03 14:51:39

Hi.
Ok, I just saw that this topic made some progress over the 10 days I wasn't here.
I am wondering, does this method stil work were you contact one of the moderators and he or she helps you getting in to the game?
I am not feeling comfortable with doing that on my own, I never visited a virtual world, so I dont actualy know hwat is possible and what is not.

2016-08-03 23:58:47

Hi. I have now registered an acount with Linden Lab.
Should I actualy have recaived an E-Mail from virtual ability, welcoming me in to the game? The only E-Mails I got in my inbox are a E-Mail validation message, which I already did, and a message welcoming me to SL.
The registration went like this, I first went to the radegast site and clicked the registration link in the user manual, I then clicked on some more links and got out at an SLurl site, I guess that's means registering at a specific location.
I then registered an acount. And and downloaded radegast and logged myself in. Now I am standing there, with no sounds in the background or something like that. Does someone know if the mentor program is still there? I mneed help getting in to this.