2016-07-18 06:49:34

Hey all. So, as some of you may know, music is a huge part of my life. I love going to concerts and playing/listening to music. My question to you all is: Who have you all managed to see?
After this weekend that list is huge for me. I've seen Amaranthe, Butcher Babies, Shinedown, Halestorm, Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Disturbed, Slipknot, Trivium, Starset, Chevelle, We Are Harlot, Red Sun Rising, Beartooth, Skillet, In This Moment and some Alice In Chains. All great shows except for the last one... they decided to turn the speakers up to full and let us have it so we walked back to the camper to just listen from there. Also In This Moment wasn't a very good show... she had to change between each song and each outfit got sluttier with the shows progression. Not that I care I can't even see it but she focused more on her clothes than singing. On top of that I could hear the prerecorded tracks all the time.
Fun weekend, all great bands.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-07-19 09:11:03

hi
I have seen the following bands/singers:
Michael Bublé
Sunrise Avenue
Ich+Ich
Revolverheld
NOTE: the last two bands are from Germany, so all of their songs are in German.

2016-07-19 11:08:01

Hi.
Well, if festivals count, I have quite a huge number of bands under my belt.
Sabaton, Powerwolf, Iron Maiden, Majesty, Battlebeast, no demise, Parkway drive, heaven shall burn, Slipknot, Disturbed, Van Canto, Dagoba, Hammerfall, Korpiklaani, Equilibrium, Ensiferum, in flames, Evil invaders, Proffets, Skillet, Ramstein, Trivium, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, and some other bands which I forgot at the moment, but there were also some bigger bands in there.
I am planning to see more such bands, i just have to see when they are playing in my arria or if they are at a festival on which I wwill join.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-07-19 15:36:35

Good lord, this is making me feel oldschool.

Here's a list of the bands I've seen, in no particular order:

Alice Cooper (twice)
Black Sabbath (under the name Heaven and Hell, fronted by Ronnie James Dio)
Motley Crue
Helix
Queensreich
Aerosmith
ACDC

I didn't go and see each one of those bands on its own though.

Helix opened for the first Cooper show.
Crue opened for Aerosmith.
Queensreich opened for the second Cooper show, and Heaven and Hell actually came on after Cooper, so that one was sorta three for the price of one.
ACDC had an opening act, but I misremember their name at the moment. It was last year in Toronto, almost four hundred thousand people.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-07-19 16:27:25

Simba how was Parkway Drive? They're playing at a big show here in October which I'm thinking of buying a ticket to because The Amity Affliction will be there too and I want to see them. Jade, sounds like some kickass shows but I've heard that Ozzy can be crazy on stage. Like, biting heads off of bats crazy.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-07-19 17:57:42

Hi.
Sadly though, there are no pictures of Ozzy biting heads off bats, even though it happened in 1984 I think.
I really enjoyed the Parkway drive show, it was sort of a colaboration between them and the german core band Heaven shall burn, both of them are awesome.
I haven't seen the amity afliction yet, I still need to listen to them a bit more on spotify before I make my decision if I want to visit one of their shows.

2016-07-19 18:08:09

Slipknot puts on a great show, I will say that. Still want to see A7X and Breaking Benjamin

2016-07-19 20:33:11

I've seen the following bands, some at festivals, some at concerts:
Dragonforce, Mumford and Sons, Kate Bush (that one was kind of... weird but ok), Rick Astley, Bad Manors, Madness, Doctor and the Medics, Ellie Golding -- wasn't sure what to think about her -- this was when she first started and I think her stuff was slightly better back then.
Fatboy Slim (this was ages ago), Razerlite, Basement Jaxx, ABC, Bux Fizz
These are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head. That's not counting the tribute acts I've seen while on holiday and stuff.
A lot of these are from Festivals with the exception of Dragonforce and Kate Bush. I'm not particularly a big fan of Kate Bush but we had a ticket so I ended up going along. Dragonforce, however, was an awesome gig. This was with the new vocalist and he really wasn't too bad. The bass was great too and I was jumping all over the place.
Another one of my favourites was Mumford and Sons just after the release of Sigh No More they played a local festival and it was absolutely epic. Banjos, guitars, drums, even a couple of acoustic songs.

2016-07-20 04:37:47

Hi
Argh, Kate bush, if she is the singer I think she is she has a freaking high and chirpy voice, I totaly don't like her, but well, everyone has it's own style.
Well, dragon force is also a grop I want to see, it's just cool what they do on stage, I am wondering how often they need to change their drummer on live shows, that guy is freaking fast with his sticks and drums.

2016-07-20 10:27:10 (edited by ross 2016-07-20 10:27:53)

I've seen:

Mark Schultz
Five Finger Death Punch
A Day To Remember
ShineDown
Disturbed
Escape the Fate
Pop Evil
Bullet For My Valentine
Yellow Wolf
POD
Bring Me the Horizon
Three Doors Down
Lamb of God
We Came As Romans
The Wonder Years
State Champs
Chicago
Megadeath
Rob Zombie

There are a few others, I just forget.

2016-07-20 10:44:45

I found the Kate Bush gig really really weird. The first half was OK but the second half just seemed kind of meaningless with lots of extremely odd stuff going on that I don't even know how to describe. THe first half was kind of rocky but the second half didn't really have a very good climax, even for the slower stuff. So in the end I'm glad I got the chance to see her but it's also what I expected, a strange gig, one I'm not really too bothered about.

2016-07-20 15:11:30

I'd love to see Bring Me The Horizon live... sounds like it'd be a great show.

2016-07-20 22:55:48

Tecnicly, my first concert was guns N roses, though that was back when I was still in mom's belly. Not counting that my first concert was tickletoon tifoon (a childrens band that was quite popular in my neck of the woods at the time). And don't even get my mom started on the 3 times I saw barney live, at least 2 times when he was being voiced by his original voice actor bob west. Other bands or singers I saw (counting their openers) were the chandler travis treo (on a boat), sarah evins, brad paizly, joe nicoles, eric cherch, toby keath, and kam. Oh, and I also saw forigner (yes, "that" foreiner) with both of my parents (all the other concerts were with my mom) and a few obscure local bands I saw on our mexican cruze back in 2015.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-07-21 09:39:05

I feel bad for your mom... Why Guns N Roses? God that band sickens me.

2016-07-22 08:24:20

Hi.
Why that, what is your problem with guns and roses?
I have quite the other problem, and that's called the new album of bring me the horizon.
Well, as we all know, the band started out as a sort of death metal band, had a ride over to metal core of some sorts, and with their new album, they changed their music again, and to be quite ho honest, what the hel is this dirtbag of an album! I couldnt even listen to this, it sounds like they want to get on the radio and go pussy on their old music by not beeing that emocional on their music, making it soft and smooth, and mainstream like.
Some people might not agree on the things I said, but hey, everyones taste in metal is different, and I am willing to discuss this matter, but for me, this album is the worst metal album this year.

2016-07-22 13:59:27

hi guys.
well, I'm a fan of hardrock and heavy metal.
Bands I have seen are:
whitesnake, deep purple, ACDC, rolling stones, iron maiden, W.A.S.P, guns and roses, scorpions, dr. feel good, peter gabriel, phil collins, pink floyd, joe satriani, metallica, saxon, great white, MSG, bon jovi, Bryan adams, cinderella, Cult, danger, Def Leppard, and Gary Moore.

bands thatt I did not see, but I liked to have seen.

Ronnie james dio, god, I still love this man, he died but is still alive in my heart.
Gun, judas priest, I love judas priest, journey,led zepelin, raimbow, lynard skinard,  loverboy, sloughter, status quo, survivor, thunder, helix, and much  more ...

long life to hardrock and heavy metal.
thanks.
cheers.

2016-07-22 17:59:46

I hate Axel Rose's voice. Plus he was a total dick to James Hetfield. I liked Doomed, Happy Song, Throne, Avalanche and drown off the new album.

2016-07-24 23:56:26

Agreed, Guns N' roses aren't bad musically, but Axl is a poor fucking excuse for a human being. If you can get past that and listen to the music, it's pretty decent.

Also, holy crap, I completely forgot about Tickletoon Tifoon. I am so Youtubing that when I'm done writing this post, just for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

As for bands I've seen, they include: Seether, Staind, Hinder, three Doors Down, Nickelback, Papa Roach, State of Shock, Breaking Benjamin (and a solo acoustic show that Ben did), new Found Glory, a couple of random local bands, Steely Dan, and America. The latter two shows I saw with my parents, the rest I went to with friends. it's actually been a few years since I went to a concert, sadly.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-07-25 06:32:44

I just hate his voice so much. SO MUCH.

2016-07-26 03:36:30

Lol. Yeah, it does sound a bit like a cat being put through a blender. But Slash is a fucking legend, so there's that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-07-26 04:50:32

I prefer his solo band. But Miles Kennedy sings with them a lot and he sounds like Axel a bit.

2016-07-27 00:37:34

Hi all,
Very interesting topic.
I'm an avid musician/music fan, so my list is huge.
Some of these groups are A Capella if that counts(I'm an A Capella fan, watching as well as performing it).
Some of the bands that I have seen include:
Billy Talent, Monster Truck, Saint asonia, the standstills, Paul McCartney, masterpiece, Oc Times, Vocal Spectrum(amazing group), gotcha, crossroads, Instant Classic and many, many others.

Daniel

2016-07-27 01:20:01

Saint Asonia is pretty new, although I preferred Adam in Three Days Grace.

2016-07-27 01:45:15

Same here, I'm more of a Three Days Grace fan myself, never managed to see them live unfortunately.
Their new vocalist is pretty good(have you checked out their newest album Human)?
Great band.

Daniel

2016-07-27 03:53:54

Yup, I actually preordered that album