2016-07-18 09:09:47

In the past I had the plan of making a letsplay, but my english its no so good tongue

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2016-07-18 23:44:26

oh my god! really now? now i have to face this stupid thing?

spoiler
ok so shadow boss sucks. i killed it with lilia, i dono  if you just survive long enough or something, anyway, he's dead. but now with the dragon girl. i tried just walking up to it and beeting the crap out of it like i did it with rudolf. it would be nice if you get the safe points between boss fights, but nope. anyway can i push it into lava or something? i dono, my defense is not good, and it's at 28. i have a feeling rudolf's gonna kick the crap out of me on the on desprit. well any tips? and please tell me that i'll have to fight him with prince. (guess how that's gonna go. sad.). so there's a couple of things i could do, i could grind enough defense till it does 1 damage per hit then i won't care. or there's a right way to kill it? if you don't want to spoil it can you at least give me a hint?

2016-07-19 00:49:28

Spoiler.
You only need to attack him. If you have the special move (Hold the attack button and releasing) You can give him more hits

2016-07-19 02:09:50

basically just beat the crap out of it, you'll have to fight it with everybody FYI
I personally never liked the 1 damage thing, feels like a cheap tactic to me and removes all challenge from the game

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-07-19 02:27:24

rofl dd, i'd still say it has a challenge to it. i'm not trying to use it, it's just that i buy a lot and lots of defense and there you go. removes all chalange from the game? yeah sure, i'd like to see you do it with my save. it does 6% damage per hit, and the girl has stupidly short ranged blade. also how does anyone beet rudolf? i'm fine till he uses attack that takes off over 50% of my hp, any way to avoid it? or no. post 1028, i cant get special moves in the afterstory, or i don't think so.
spoiler
i think you can damage the first form of it, lilia fight when you jump while it swings it's thing. am i right? i've done it before, i just want to know how did i do it, because i'm jumping like mad.

2016-07-19 03:55:37

spoilers
the first section of that fight is just a dodging game, it's on a timer
as for skills, yeah you can get them all... that's all I'm saying for now
as for your save if you really want that to happen I don't mind, lol I'd happily give it a go
rudolf's desperate soul attack is unblockable as far as I know

2016-07-19 04:31:50

Spoiler
Yes, you can use the special moves, only if you bought them in the bonus shop.
@dd
Which is that attack? In desperate mode?

2016-07-19 05:14:30 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-07-19 05:26:41)

no, you don't need to buy the moves... they are in fact very findable
as for the attack, it's his final one that he always does that cuts whatever health you have in half
Desuperētosōru is what he says, aka desperate soul if I'd just used english words instead of romanizing the katakana

2016-07-19 05:43:46

No is the final move that he uses in every dificulty?

2016-07-19 05:54:50 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-07-19 06:02:25)

yes, that's why I said always tongue

2016-07-19 07:48:11

Okay, so I'm coming back to this, and I've got a couple of questions and don't feel like ploughing through forty-odd pages of questions.

The last time I played this game was well over a year ago, and my old method of using Google Translate doesn't work anymore, obviously. This means I can sorta kinda play the game from memory, but if anything finicky is required - like updating, for instance - I'm screwed. I don't even know for sure which version I've got.

I see someone mentioned Q-translate or some such. If this is the new way to play SR, what do I have to do in order to get up and running?

Also, what's new with the full voice version? Bearing in mind, the version I played before had optional spoken Japanese dialogue, which I eventually turned off. I'm seeing stuff about a password, and a sequel, and new tracks and all sorts of stuff, but I'm running Windows 8.1 and also hearing some scary stuff about NVDA hanging the game. What should I do?

I've actually beaten the game on hard before, but that was on a different machine, and now I'm on normal or something and just messing around in the temple basement.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-07-19 09:31:08 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-07-19 09:47:53)

well if you wish you could always pick up the japanese game translator addon... or failing that instant translate is apparently working again though I haven't confirmed that myself, just download the latest version
if you want to find out all of what's new just use inst trans and scan the documentation, the key points are these plus probably others I forgot
possible spoilers ahead? idk
a new difficulty mode, desperate which the stats of I posted above
a couple minor layout changes, nothing important unless you're a completionist
more collectable items, up to 50 now
3 pieces of music written for the game, an opening theme, one for the extra dungeon and an ending theme
an after EP, which follows your character on a slightly shorter adventure after the conclusion of the game
a couple new passwords that can be entered for bonuses
auto update feature
the skeleton of an english translation, menus only right now I believe
the arena mode is open in the extras section
that's all I can remember right now
I can't speak for win 8 since I'm still on 7, but game runs flawlessly here
hth
edit: more stuff
last hope can now level to 100 at maximum... which is insane
you can now name your character
there is now a game record on the website, after the game is complete you can optionally post your final record and it'll show up there
the generic battle track was changed slightly, still the same piece of music but definitely different and a hella lot cooler

2016-07-19 15:41:01 (edited by amerikranian 2016-07-19 15:43:42)

last hope to 100? that's something. bet you can one shot rudolf with it. that will take for  ever, though.
spoilers
special skills? let's see, dragon shrine is blocked by a key in less i have to search for it or talk to the dragon village person, i don't know about forest of winds, dash? sure it's already at the start of the game, hmmmm, tresure is blocked by the key and person in the castle doesn't give it to me.

2016-07-19 17:07:18 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-07-19 17:08:53)

spoilerzzzzzzz
right idea, wrong location tongue
every item that was originally in one of the game's dungeons that is now closed was moved to somewhere else in the EP

2016-07-19 19:09:24

There are only one new password. Well two, but its the same tongue

2016-07-19 23:12:38

what i can do is just buy all skills from the bonus shop.
spoiler
does anyone knows how to unlock the cave by the water's edge? in the planes? the place you got the defense glass in? it's a little north of the water, well, the exit is when water ends is to the north, when i walk up to the door it says there a lot of demons out there, it will be suicide or something to get inside. i thought i need to level my sword to certain level but now i'm not sure. if you don't have idea, of what i'm talking about, i think i show it off in the recording. thanks for help.

2016-07-19 23:47:26

Show it in a recording, I didn't understood

2016-07-19 23:59:04

dude there is an edit button for a reason, use it please? instead of just posting 3 messages all at once
there is a certain person you have to talk to to get in there

2016-07-20 00:38:43

@dd
Which place its that? I never saw it. And whats its there?

2016-07-20 15:16:35

sorry, and ok, i'll talk to everyone i find. maybe it unlocks after the bonus dungen...

2016-07-20 15:55:36

no, it has nothing to do with that
on the edit button I wasn't referring to you as much, lol I was referring to ulises's 3 posts all in a row

2016-07-20 17:58:15

Hi all,

Good news and bad news. I'll start with the good first.

I got the game running, used the password (it really isn't that hard to guess, btw) in the temple, got 3000 money, did some of the side-quests I can remember.

Bad news:
I can't beat Rudolph's final form. Either they made him harder, or my stats suck, or there are fewer hearts to pick up, or I just plain suck. I know when I have to hit him, and I do, but I'm basically always getting hit. It doesn't help that the third form (the big giant thing with the water) usually gets me below half health.
Do any of you have any really specific tricks to beat this guy? Playing on easy, btw. I have like 150 max HP, plus an attack up and a defense up. I feel like I probably missed a few, but can't go back now. If it's worth me just restarting because I'll take too much damage, do let me know.

Also, a question:
I hear there's a second place for the password? Where is it?
I found a dead end in Rizen Forest that I thought had something in it, but it doesn't anymore if it ever did. My memory's a bit iffy on that.

I wonder how long it's going to take me to unlock the sequel. I have no idea how much it costs/how many points I'm gonna get for this run, so yeah.

I remember utterly loving this game to bits when I first played it, and I still do. I just want to find a better strategy for Rudolph besides chasing him around, hammering him, getting counter-attacked all the time, and hoping and praying for him to charge up so I can wound him.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-07-20 19:03:42

the best way I've found is just to stay away from him and shoot him with ruurai, less fun that way because if you do it right he doesn't stand a chance but it works
the third form shouldn't actually be too much of an issue, your health gets fully restored after each fight last time I did it
the other password is for people who gave feedback on the letsplay MM and tsunderera are doing, and you can choose 2 different rewards
hth

2016-07-20 20:29:52

Hi. I did post only 2 topics, not three. I didn't edited because It was from diferent time, well no. Only I forget it tongue

2016-07-20 22:08:05

So to get the password I have to send a message to one of the people who is doing the recording of the game in Japanese? I can't write in Japanese, even if I'm using the Japanese keyboard.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!