2016-07-08 00:31:17

Hi.
I've just have so much fon playing the mud. This is so awesome.. Much better than I expected. I have some newbie suggestions, but I'll write them later on. Now I need to sleep... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-07-08 07:45:16

Is anyone else having trouble getting the soundpack working? I'm using VIPMUD 2.0, and I can't get it to work. I've followed all the instructions, but it still doesn't work.
Any help would be appreciated.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-07-08 08:04:47

Hi.
I have some suggestions for the newbies in the mud.
First I would like to say that the way people are introduced to the mud is simply fantastic! Wow what an awesome character creation.
Now on to my suggestions:
1: It would be great if the newbie stuff included telling people to buy some clothes, so they don't end up walking around naked. I'm doing that without thinking about it, lol. It would be cool if the NPCs reacted on this.
2: Maybe it wasn't me who paied attention, but I don't remember being told that I as a human was starting on earth. Okay some people might think where else should I start? But, when other planets are mentioned, I could start everywhere.
3: I had really some trouble on getting the tools which is needed for hand mining because of the following: 1: No information about the informational computer. I got this information from the newbie channel. 2: No information telling me that the mining shop isn't on earth. Or, I couldn't at leased find it, and I circled around for hours. It would have been great to have the information in the newbie material, that you can take a taxi to the different planets, and you can do that without getting in danger. 3: The help file for hand mining does either have some confusing information or some incorrect information: The first thing is regarding the scanner. It says you need to type scan and then the name of the scanner. Then I tried scan hand mining scanner, which didn't helped. The only command which works is scan scan. An other thing is about the coordinates. It says you can use the scanner to check your coordinates, which doesn't work. Instead it should say that you can just type c. The last thing about the help file is: It would be a good thing if it told the newbies that you need to type research to put the gems and stuff into the machine. Put container in machine, put gem in machine, put in tray etc. doesn't work for some reason.
So, because of all that, I really had a difficult time to get started. But I really like the game, and I can't wait to get time to play it some more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-07-08 09:21:48

@staindaddict:
did you already  add a new   character for vipmud?
and yeah, what's your name on the game? maybe I could help you

2016-07-08 11:14:19

I managed to get the sounds working when I saved the character and logged in that way, it wouldn't work if you connect manually each time. I don't know how though, I'm new to VIPMUD so I'm just fumbling my way around everything as I figure things out.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2016-07-08 14:31:27

I already added a new character, yes. My name is Al, they said you could change it, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I'd really like to get the sounds working.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-07-08 14:51:03

I am David Brooks on there. Anyway, where are you putting the sounds? I VIPMud everything goes under Documents\VIP Mud. Of course your scripts folder should be called Cosmic Rage. When you add this mud to your char list in VIPMud, the mud name should be Cosmic Rage. HTH.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-08 21:48:59

I'm also having trouble on getting the soundpack to work in the latest version of vipmud. I'm doing what the readme says, I'm doing what people have suggested in the game itself, and I have even tried to move my vipmud user folder to an other folder, to avoid some admin rights. But it won't help. I've got the soundpack from the Dropbox link at the first post. There is an other soundpack which you can get from BT sync, but I don't feel like installing the program just to get the soundpack at the moment. It's strange that some people can get it to work and others can't.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-09 00:55:49

What version of vipmud are you using? Over all, the VIPMud readme does tell you where VIPmud keeps Its' info, I thought. Anyway, I would like to try out combat aginst NPc ships, but the help files don't really say how the whole fireing of weapons and stuff work. Anyway, I am playing around some with the warp drive and find that kind of nice. Just not to shure what the difference in speed between 1 and 10 is. I got to where I can get my ship around in space, but haven't quite figure out every little detail. For example, what would interest me there. The taxi gets me to most places I want to go.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-09 01:13:25

wish the merchant ships willl be back soon

2016-07-09 02:25:35

Hi there everyone
First off, thank you for all your wonderful suggestions and comments.
I'll certainly see about running over that hand mining help file, to ensure everything is crystal clear!
I'll also set about writing a small help file on the info computer, or maybe an FAQ for the players to read.
In regards to the soundpack, we do have an in game channel for asking such questions, and a friend of mine in game is helping to improve the pack for vipmud 2.0 users.

In terms of in coming features. I'm looking into implementing a couple more activities for the higher levels, along with completing moon base building, which is proving to be a huge task!
I'm also working on player suggestions too, so never really have time to stop and wonder. It's great to hear that you all enjoy the game, and maybe some day we can hit my target of 40 players on at once!
Thanks loads for playing.
Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-09 09:03:34

@Nathan: I'm already using the soundpack channel, but without any luck. Can you please put the other soundpack in Dropbox for easier download? If not, then I can host it when I get it, if I manage to get the pack to work.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-09 17:19:18

I'd love to play, but for some reason (go figure), something happened and I can't log in.  Sent an email to the address on the login screen, though, and have to resist checking every twelve seconds to see if I can actually log in yet tongue.

Anyway, from what a friend told me, it sounds all right so why not give it a go?

2016-07-09 19:25:17

@dada: can we fly around without being attacked by other players, a bit like alter works where you have to actually turn on pvp mode, or will you always be stuck with other players on your back? I like stuff like alter because you can be co-op or you can go to an arena and do pvp. With Miriani there were players everywhere just battling you all the time with no way for you to see the world really.

2016-07-09 21:47:37

Ok. I figure it is about time for me to right down some of my thoughts about this mud. I am going to try to be as detail as I can. The first thing I did was to create a new account. I gave it a user name, my password twice and an email address. Easy enough right? It asked for a temporary name. So I gave it one, but it was already taken. This is where I got confused. I disconnect a few times and the like before I figure that I had to type connect followed by a name that wasn’t in use, a password, and an email address. Then I got to the character creation screen. I must stop here to tell you that your account that you started should have the same username you put in. the connect name doesn’t really change your username. I am assuming that you haven’t made the same mistake I made by disconnecting and reconnect thing, but if you had, all you have to do is to tell it that you want to log in instead of created an account. You will use the same username and password that you got set up before all the connect name crap. Any the character creation was interesting. I walk around the different rooms and saw what all I could be. I choose to be human here. So I went into the correct room and touched the ball. After this point, went through and typed in the different description for the different parts of the body. I messed up my hair and do wish I could change that, but still I will survive. I finished the my character creation, read the rules and policies, and then stepped out on to star command. Yes star command. At this time, getting started is your friend and you will have enough cash to get started. I also suggest leveling up before you build your skills up. I found out that when you went to get your skill in something, the mud will give you the highest skill level you can take. So, what did I do first? Good question. I got me a radio, a flight scanner and an info computer. I would also suggest getting a few clothes, and some can be found on earth. I will also tell you that the teleporter makes for really quick and free travel. It will also let you get around to most if not all place you need to be for the first few levels. There is also the taxi that covers more areas. First I did some hand mining until I could trash collect and then I switch to that. After that, I went over and started volcano harvesting. At some point, I forget exactly when, I did some water research. Trust me, the water research requires you to remember the coords of your boat. Also your wrist computer will tell you what your current cords are. The confusing part was that I was know where near my boat after I just jumped in. Don’t ask me why you are at a totally different set of coords then your boat after you jumped because I don’t know. Now for the starships. You will not get access to a starship until you are level 40 or so and even then not a very useful one. Just a shuttle that you can use to learn how to fly a starship. Help starship commands is a very important help file to read. So, how do you get trucks and trolleys to where you want them. You move them to a landing pad and type relocate. On space stations, this would be the access tubes. As for boats, you have to first load them on to a trolley first before you can move it. Now for starships. They come in all shapes and sizes it seems. I have not seen everyone, but those of what I have seen was sort of interesting looking. You have the simple shuttle that can only travel around in local sectors that cannot jump anywhere. You have vehicle carriers that have a jump drive to go to other sectors along with the abilities to move all your vehicles to where ever. There are the asteroid haulers that has a docking bay that is just the right size for a shuttle. It has the jump drive along with a warp drive. Yes, a warp drive. If you have the warp skills, you can go at warp speeds in this ship. Just remember to get yourself a few Christels. Warp goes through them fast. Also do not forget that this ship has a cloaking device and some defensive systems. As for asteroid hauling, you pretty much land, anchor your ship to the asteroid. Then you launch and tow it back to a beacon. Simple right? It is not as easy as that, because you have to take your shuttle from the docking bay to the beacon station to tether the asteroid to the station. Do not for get to allow docking before you live your hauler. You would want to get back in with your shuttle right? After you tether the asteroid, you want to use the station’s laser on it. Then you would want to smash it. Now for the question of PVP. I have not seen anyone going after anyone on this mud, but yes there is a level of PVP. There is an arena or so I have heard. I am not totally Shure how far the PVP goes, but the rules basically seem to indicate that killing someone off more than once within a very short time would not be something anyone would want to do. I think there is jail time for those who kill off other players but I forget exactly how that would work. A few more things. You might ask, is trash collecting like another mud? Yes it is, but not a complete copy. It looks like the creators based some of their ideas off of other muds. The starship system seem different then what I have seen in other muds though. Another difference seems to be the skills. I do not remember to many if any other space mud making you build up a skill before you go and do something that requires that skill. Then again, I thought I seen a star wars mud that had a skill system in it. Anyway, I hope this helps. I am thinking about going to go read a book now. I played this mud for about two or three hours on end this morning. I do not know about anyone else, but setting in a chair doing one thing gets tiring after a while. Writing this up is a little tiring if not a little bit long winded.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-09 22:39:53

Hello.
Well I love cosmic rage so far! I got my soundpack working instantly last night before I even started the game but maybe it's because I'm using vipmud 1.1. I did my character creation which was really fun.
I'm having a problem getting started though I bought a info computer and a radio. I also bought my equipment for mining the shovel, scanner, and container. But I can't find a place to mine. I went to the planet grosco crah but I can only find the shopping center and places like that. I tried using my info computer but it just tells me about mining areas it doesn't tell me how to get to them. Can someone tell me where the mining area is on grosco crah? Normallly I would ask in game but I've been bothering everyone on there so much I just figured I would ask on here. If I could get help starting out mining I would really appreciate it.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-07-09 23:42:47

The good thing is, you know the name of the plannent. Do you know the name of the mining area? If so, try map follow by the name of the area once you are on the plannent. So far, I like the direction that it seems to be going. It clearly still has bugs to be worked out, but if they get worked out, it would be something a bit different then what we have seen so far.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-10 12:30:36

hey
i cant connect the game
server is down or er, what hapenned

2016-07-10 12:43:11

@Aaron: You can wander around exploring without getting attacked by other players. You can even do that as a newbie. Feel free to join this world of awesomeness.
@CW: Wow, awesome post man. Big thumbs up for this.
@Guitarman: Please ask on the newbie channel. This is easier to help you directly in the game.
Damn, I'm addicted to this game already, so back to the game, knowing that I really should stop playing and do some other stuff. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-10 12:52:52

I don't know why the game is down. Maybe someone was around when it went down? As for the post, I didn't do a grammer check on it before posting it. I am also hoping I didn't leave any thing out. This mud over all is pretty good for what it is. On the other hand, there seems to be a good bit of grinding to be had. Not to sure if that could be helped. The player base seems nice enough and the mud is a bit different then what I have seen in others of the same kind. Anyway, when I am back on, I am david brooks on there. So don't be afraid to ask. Matter of fact, the hosts seem to be alot better than me when it comes to answering questions. So you may get alot more out of them. LOL. So, who is everyone on there?

DropBox Referral

2016-07-10 13:14:38

Yeah, the game is down. I really hope it'll come back soon.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-10 13:48:36

hello all
wow, those are some wonderful posts.
The game was down yes, I don't know why.
I was asleep.
Anyways, we're back and open for business!
Hope to see y'all soon!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-11 05:27:49

Well I've finally dove in and tried this one, really I've been looking for a good space game for ages, and I'm liking how this shapes up with the descriptions and backstory, indeed the game sort of had me at being able to play a space dragon big_smile.

I will say after creating my character and account and getting the soundpack to work, my start was rather rocky. I began trying hunting to find that once I'd killed an animal, I could cut one corpse, but when carrying one pece of meat I couldn't cut anymore corpses, I just get the boing sound, which is odd since I can still kill animals just not get anything from them, which is sort of strange, particularly since apparently my cutting skill is already maxed for my level.
to confuse matters even more, when I went and tried to sell my one piece of meat the shopkeeper told me "We don't serve your sort here get out!" quite odd, given I was a dragon on Navu.
I asked on the newbie channel and needed to raise my charisma, which I'd not heard before, however even then my solo peace of meat only sold for 15 k credits, which might've been okay if I could've stashed 20 or so in my bag and sold a load, but not toddling back and forth with them one at a time.

I haven't quite got how the merchant ship thing works, but then again on navu the background for the landing clearing is so loud I was having trouble hearing the speech. I did find taxis working well, though am less sure on this teleport thing, still it's nice to get around and feel like I'm getting somewhere, though you might consider adding info on taxis in the getting started file.

I would like some more information on the skills, either in the skill complex or in the help files, ie, what they actually do when you raise them.
While h

So while I had little luck with hunting, I pumped some credits into mining skill and went and tried hand mining. This worked better once I'd raised my skills.

This worked far better and I've now hit level 5, though judging from the prices of trash trucks, at 3 mill credits it'll take lots of mining to have enough to afford one given that the most I've got on a mining run so far has been 80 k.

A little disappointing since the trash collecting and quests sounded right up my alley, but nobody ever said life was easy big_smile.

it'd be nice though if hunting would work correctly, or there was something to vary mining a bit, especially if it's going to take about 35 mining trips before I can move to the next activity in the list, indeed I suspect by the time I have enough for the truck I'll be high enough to try fishing and some other things big_smile.

I also wonder if it would be possible to have the mining scanner show the closest mineral first, so that you don't have to sit and read through all the minerals in one go to get to the closest one, ---- oddly it lists "the lowest" mineral at the bottom though whether this refers to lowest down, lowest value or something else I'm not exactly sure of.

But certainly I'm liking the game so far, and suspect I'll be spending a good bit of time wandering around the universe seeing what is what.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-11 07:45:36

Hi Dark.
It's nice to hear that you also like the game.
Regarding mining: I find it easiest to go for the lowest coordinates which is displayed as the last result on the scanner.
Regarding skills, yeah it would be great to have more information on those, but I don't think there's much info about those. If you view the help on the different activities, the help file is telling you what skill is required.
I hope you'll keep playing, since it'll get much more awesome when you get your ships.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-11 12:30:29

This mud has a built in speed walk system that might be of somoe help to you dark when it comes to the mining. Just type in the direction you wish to go followed by how many units you wish to go in that direction. For example, NE 5 will take you 5 steps to the northeast. The better your map is in your head, the better the speed walk will work for you.

DropBox Referral