2016-07-07 19:01:47

Hi fluffy!
you are just like me
I have  lots of ideas but can't code but I assure that in future I can code.
at SLJ I too agree with the last post of yours regarding this topic but not the previous one.
Because I am not sure that BGT can hold these mechanics.
I gaeruntee that this game will be the huge gigantic game when even the first version.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-07-07 19:38:04

While this is just my opinion and I do not know how to code myself,eather:
I think soldier isplacing his hopes to high at the moment. True, it's fine to have an idea, but he should also keep in mind that he won't even be the one coding that idea. It's nice to have ideas, but if you give yourself to high plans you'll be sad when it doesn't turn out how you wanted it, and it probably won't, especially because you're not the one coding it, someone else is. Just having an idea and saying others should code is like having the idea for a story, but someone else should write it. no matter how specific that idea is, it won't turn how you want it if you are not the game maker, and most importantly, it will be the game of the coder, not your game.
Those are my opinions, feel free to prove me wrong, agree, disagree or critisise.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-07-07 20:11:52

I disagree. If you work closely together with a coder, and tell the coder exactly how you want every single details in the game, you can of course get it as you want it to be. Everything can be coded, if the coder is good enough.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-07-07 21:42:59

Hi, thanks for all the wonderful feedback. What do you mean it will not be my game if I do not program it? I agree that my hopes are too high. Thanks for all the great feedback.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2016-07-07 21:45:09

I agree with most of what Mayana has said.  As SLJ says, it is true that basically anything can be coded if the coder is good enough, And if the idea-guy is able to explain every detail of what they want.  In reality, those are very big "Ifs" that are unlikely to line up.

This world has far too many "idea guys", because everyone who can code can come up with game ideas and also everyone who can not code can come up with game ideas.  The main difference between those 2 groups is that the coders tend to come up with ideas that are organized and able to be easily coded, and the non-coders smash together random thoughts that would be a nightmare to organize into an actual project.

As Mayana said, if a coder came on board to a project like this and produced a playable game, the game no longer belongs to the original "idea man".  Sure his or her name is still on it as the person who came up with the game, but the coder did 90% (or more) of the work.  Not only did they do the actual work of coding a working game, but they had to sort through the crazy mess and turn the "idea" into something that can be coded.  That's double work, all because the idea guy wasn't himself/herself a coder.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-07-07 22:44:16

hey fluffy,
what you need also is a lot of luck.
I hope you will be able to get alone with your future coder, if you will have one.
I wish you luck.

2016-07-08 01:49:13

Hi,
I agree with those who say the coder isactually the one doing the major part of the work, and the final game might thus result in something quite different than the idea guy originally envisioned. I can understand the fact that many people have a very strong passion to come up with a game that has not yet been implemented in audio, etc, but simply don't have the needed skill to program it themselves. In that case, though, they should simply put up with the fact that they are just providing the idea to someone else who will turn it into reality. How could it be their own project any longer when they do not have the required understanding for the inevitable technical difficulties, issues and obstacles that the coder will be facing when implementing the idea? I mean, I could come up to an architect with a sketch of a brand new, revolutionary, innovative kind of building. However, even if the architect was thrilled by the idea and agreed to try to build it, I would not dare to call it my building afterwards. This is just speaking in general terms and more or less from experience. I wouldn't like to harm anyone's feelings or anything but this is just the way things are, put simply and perhaps a bit bluntly. This is with the intent to clear things up and perhaps avoid unneeded bitter disappointment in the future, rather than to put anyone's intentions down. I just couldn't avoid noticing this modern trend where everyone is eager to label themselves the idea guy and think they're going to make a difference with something new, huge and impressive, where it would still be credited as their project and their work. Not everyone has the necessary skills to put all of their ideas into reality. I believe there are dozens of us in this community who could throw around brilliant sparkling ideas for a GTA like game. Yet, such a game has not been coded yet. It's not difficult to tell why. And, by the way, I can see no reason why such a game could not be written in BGT, unless you want to make it cross-platform. Sure, you could not build say a standalone voice recognition app or a web browser in BGT, but for a Windows based audiogame, it has more or less everything you need, and I can certainly imagine such a game being written in BGT. In all honesty and sincerity, without any irony or whatever, I would be very curious and interested to know where this general tendency to underestimate the language's capabilities came from. Perhaps it's many beginner coders starting to learn the language with high expectations and high hopes to code thosebrilliant ideas, and then failing their attempt, falling back down to the ground, sort of, and thus later blaming their failure on the language itself?

Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-07-08 04:58:35

Hi lukas!
I am not saying that how it will goes to the BGT But I am rather saying that it will be going tough for fluffy if he choose BGT and like me if we have this type of idea of like GTA type of game.
well I will generally use BGT for my simple game and which I am discussing with Mister sneak privately.
I never blaimed BGt and I have no right to blaim because I am not the coder and don't know the abilities of BGT also.
at mayaana
certainly not,
how the grand companies work together then?
if this game is hand over to a company or fluffy just launch his company then
he and his team members have to work like a team.
a one who will code.
one will give the music and other guys will test.
some will give their voices and so on.
I do agree with SLJ here
Thanks
Ishan

2016-07-08 09:33:17

Hi, thanks for all the feedback. I understand that if I do not code it it will not be mine.

2016-07-08 14:55:04

Well, I personally could sit here all day and a night typing and coming up with huge, new, inovative ideas that have never been seen in the audiogames community before. I mean, we still don't have any massivly multyplayer audio only open world rpgs with main storyline campagne for each available race and a varation of that storyline for every class + a fully realtime combat, navigation and realtime everything with staggering amounts of side missions, player interaction and optional pvp and a constantly evolving additional plotline where you can rolleplay your characterto fit in with it. Or an actual Grand Theft auto for the blind where we can do everything you can do in g t a V plus g t a online, crafting games with the item number of about the latest version of minecraft, complete life simmulators and vehicle driving simmulators where you can actually purchace those vehicles, do missions of sorts with them and do more than listen to the engine change as you throttle up or down, go left or right, open windows or doors and stuff like that. I could keep going like this forever, but nothing would probably come of it, unless I actually learned to code, even then the larger ideas like the rpg above would never happen because that would require a full staff of coders, designers, sound designers, voice actors, story writers, event managers, online administrators, hell maybe even technical staff and huge amounts of money. Back to this game, fluffy, while you could have everything in the game written down exactly how you want it to be in a notepad document somewhere with detailed specks on how exactly damage should be handeled if received, how movement works, how enemies work, etc. But the coder will always code something ifferent than what you emagined it to be. And as others have said, the coder will receive most of the project's credit, as he did more work than anyone else on the team really.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-07-09 18:07:32

Hi, thanks for all the great words. Where do you think I should start learning code? Which programming language should I learn?

2016-07-09 18:12:50

Hi fluffy!
I think you should go for BGT for learning code and python is also a good choice.
Its up to you rather.
Thanks
Ishan

2016-07-09 18:35:44

learn python the hard way is a great source for learning python, but the bgt manuals also give agood understanding of bgt.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-07-09 19:58:24

Wow. I had this idea for a long time. If you'd like I can cover you for sound design. We'll have to set up a bt sunc folder.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2016-07-09 20:14:29

hi
its a good edia
i hope you can make it
but its to difficult i think
again
i hope you can do it
good bye for now
omer

2016-07-09 20:15:52

ha i forgot to say
if you want
i can help you with sound dzine
thanks again
omer

2016-07-10 10:03:46

Hi fluffy I will help you with music.
and I just previously says that I can help you with voice acting.
Thanks
Ishan

2016-07-10 12:48:20

I'm up for helping too, provided it's somehting I can, that is. And as always stated, I have plenty of sounds over here.:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-07-12 21:44:03

Hi, sorry for the long absence. Thank you very much for your help. I wonder if they would be away if I can put a trailer together to show how I won the game or actually how I am Magent the game to sound. I also have another idea. Why not be able to  by mods for your vehicles. Sorry about the spelling mistakes. What I meant to say is I wonder if I should put a trailer together to show how I want the game to be. Actually what I mean is how I imagine the game to be.

2016-07-13 01:11:26

Ok. Just give us something to work with, then we'll  see, from there.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2016-07-13 07:34:00

Hi I agreed with tech master
thumbs up for you.

2016-07-13 11:10:01

Hi, what do you mean I should give you guys something to work with? I don't fully understand what you mean.

2016-07-13 12:25:18

Well make a trailer or something to show us how you imagine the game should be.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel