2016-04-07 00:56:56

I have one of these, the pokemon also come with updated move pools as well.  at least, the starters do, as I've not gotten far yet.

2016-04-07 03:08:38

Hi!
I'm playing PCA and right now I'm stuck on Golden Rod City after beating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower. I went up Radio Tower's five floorss, beat the fake manager, got the basement key from him. Walkthrough says I should go to the underground tunnel and look for a blue door. I believe I am at the underground tunnel, there's the haircut guy here and all, but pathfinder locator don't seem to list any door. Can anyone help me here?

2016-04-15 14:48:16

Hi

at tspivey: awsom job with the lua scripts, it's wonderful to play at least one game allmost like sighted. I am currently passed the 2nd jim, and need to go through the forest. But, I want to train my mon first so that they at least have lvl 20 before going through such a massive thing.
I do have a few questions though:
- Is there a sollution to reduce the lag between the several actions. I mean, battles take such a long time if you don't speed them up that it's crazy.
- Would it be somehow possible to switch over to advanced boy with cable capabilities? I don't know if it could include lua scripting. I saw on the net that there is a advanced boy with cable functions, even through the net, to link two emulators. If lua scripting could get in there, it would open up an entire new demention. It would also mean we can use the time capcule to gain some red treasures later on etc...

Just myself, as usual, and thanks once again for this awsomness

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2016-04-15 22:04:17

Hi

I was so happy with my progress, but I'm at the stage of giving up. Folowing the instructions of a few poasts ago, doesn't get me out of Ilex Forest so I'm going to return to the town and be done with it. I simply don't get it what I'm doing rong. It was a nice expirience so far, but I do have my limits, and doing things over and over without any change is reaching mine.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-04-16 19:58:36

Hi,
Ilex Forest is divided in two by trees, and some of them can be cut. To be able to cut, you need first to complete the farfetch'd puzzle, which is very visual, I had to ask for a sighted friend's help to understand from where I should touch the farfetch'd each time in order to move it back to it's owner. Once you return the monster to the guy, he will give you the Cut TM. You choose the TM, see who in your party can learn it and go ahead. Now, the tree you can cut is right below sign post 5. You won't be able to pathfind to it because it's on the other side, but using j, k and l you can check where it is relatively to you. Move so sign post 5 gets aligned right above you, go up until you bump and press button to interact. You will be asked if you want to cut. Now all other places, including the exit, should be pathfindable.

Hope it helps.

2016-04-17 23:37:43

Hi

I somehow miraculasly got to goldenrod city. I think the key point missing in the description is when to press A, and so on. Because, at step 8 you actually press A before you can see the farfetched on your pathfinder etc. Just trying to be helpful... This did take me a very very long time, but at least the story can continue. lol

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-04-19 23:10:40 (edited by criticview 2016-04-19 23:13:45)

Hi everyone

I recently stumbled upon a very intresting Crystal hack, wich also seems to work with the lua scripts, and I thought: let's share it. Since we can't use any multiplayer function yet, this hack is THE hack to obtain all mon and avoids traid evolution all together.
Use the link below to get it.
Accessible Pokemon Crystal EMU hack

Have fun playing.
PS: Don't and I repeat DON'T patch the rom, it's already done.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-06-26 21:19:25 (edited by blindndangerous 2016-06-26 21:20:16)

So if no one else has tried, I'll post my findings here.  If you have tried, then nice going for you.  I just don't feel like reading through 209 posts to find out.  I tested Tyler's script with other games.  With anything that was GBC, so crystal, gold and Silver, the script worked.  Crystal of course has the best results, but it could probably be modified to work with the other two games.  Some things do work, such as reading text, the sounds for moving, some of the battle screen, and so on.  What doesn't work is the map screen, as well as finding objects.  But I don't see that as being too difficult for some one who knows what they're doing to change.  I couldn't test anything that wasn't a GBC game as it wouldn't load with VBA re-recording, and the other emulator I tried, VBAM which is a much updated port of VBA along with the other emulators rolled into one doesn't have Lua support.

2016-06-27 01:59:10

could we get it to work with red, yellow, and blue?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-06-27 21:35:49

Probably.  I don't know how much extra work would need to be done, but like I said, it seemed to work with the GBC roms I tried.  None of the GBA ones work though.  Probably more work would have to be done to work with those.

2016-06-28 07:30:59

Ahoy there

Pokemon gold and silver are similar to crystal,no? I.E just marginal differences

@criticview, what things does the hack change? in order to enable us to get all the pokemons?

I never finished on my first play through, although I did manage to get quite far. But then lost the save files,so that was the end of it.
I'm thinking of either playing again either with the goal of catching all pokemons or just the ones I'd like to train and if they faint I drop them in pc or release them entirely, hard I know but eh more the fun for it.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-06-28 19:28:02

Yes.  That's right.  So you're looking at doing the Nuzzlock challenge?

2016-06-29 07:16:28

Ahoy there
so there's a name for it,eh? didn't knew. and yes, that's what I'm planning on doing.
But of course, it'll require some forethought as to which ones I actually want on my team and googling shows me that there actually quite a few rules for it to be followed, I'm seeing if I want to follow them all or not. I.E catching the first pokemon you see in a root. I don't think I'd want to go to such extreme lengths but lets see.

If this only worked with jaws it would have been fantastic. because I don't know why but my Nvda seems to lag a lot on this macbookpro running 8.1 under bootcamp. it starts fine,but after a while it'll lag,not read things and so on. so if I play this game I'll have to turn all the other applications off,and restart NVDA on and of again and again which'll be a right pain in the arse.
I don't suppose any of you have gotten these to work with jaws yet?

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-06-29 08:14:20

So you said it worked with gbc roms? Sounds fantastic!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-07-23 07:09:56

hi I am trying to play pokemon Crystal  on my pc butI can't run the scrips   I read the  read me file but I don't understand the steps it is telling me to take to open the game can someone give me steps to open the scrips in more simpler  ways?
thanks

2016-10-03 06:52:03

So this thread looks pretty dead, not sure if I'll get any answers here, but does anyone know if there's any way to remove the roughly 1/4 of a second lag from the emulator? It's not so bad when playing Crystal access, since there are sounds for movement and pathfinder and stuff, but playing other Pokémon games is proving to be a pain. Thanks to everything being delayed, the wall bump sounds aren't keeping up with my fingers, so it's hard to navigate properly. If anyone else around here has more experience with emulators than I do and knows how to remedy this, that'd be great.

2016-10-03 10:26:40

It would be cool if this worked with pokemon yellow, kind of an old game, i grew up with it.

2016-11-28 17:32:28

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum so I hope this topic isn't dead.
I wanted to play this game but I've been having some trouble with my computer. But I am getting a new computer now and I was wondering about what steps I should take to get this game.
First where should I get the VBA re-recording emulator. The link on the README doesn't work anymore. Is there a chance anyone can upload their version to dropbox?
Also is there anywhere in particular on my computer I should save it to make sure everything works. I mean this for the emulator and the PCA.
Also does the game let you know when you're near a person or a tree that can be cut or rock they can be moved?

2018-03-10 17:54:27

Hello! I have a problem. I run the lua file after opening the game, and I only have to restart the stop edit. I would ask for help.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-03-11 01:07:47

Pates:
I'm not sure why it happens but yes from time to time you will need to restart the script. I'm guessing it's either a bug or some sort of design limitation. I've been playing through this game again this week and honestly haven't had to restart much. I think that's what you're saying

2018-03-11 08:55:25

So kind of an out of the blue question, but does anyone who plays the anniversary crystal hack know where to get fostles revived? that's the only thing I haven't done yet, and I found a youtube vid of someone doing it but I can't tell where they are! haha

2018-03-11 21:00:58

@Loxias really not. the only can you do, is try with other versions of the VBA branch, but generally don't exist any emulator that have 0 input lag. For any system.

The only method to get a real 0lag and test the real lag of a pokemon game, is try the game on the real gameboy systems. So also if you play the game on a any official nintendo emulator (like the virtual console for nintendo 3ds) the emulation isn't perfect.

2018-03-12 22:00:29

I use windows 7. Script don't say ready. I open game and lua script. Please help.

2018-03-12 22:03:07

I click restart button 10 times, game say clicked. Don't speak text. I use nvda. Please help me.

2018-03-19 05:19:33

So I downloaded the scripts and it just keeps on trying to load whenever I alt tab away from the emulator.  Did I do something wrong?  Or do I just have to wait out the scripts loading until they complete.