2016-06-25 17:49:35 (edited by Mayana 2016-06-25 17:51:52)

Hello,
@luiscarlosgm:
Admins have no command to delete someone's account specificly. The only way your accound could be deleted would be with a spam char kill. Those delete any accounts that have 4 or less letters, or only numbers in their name. They also delete the accounts that have only the starting inv and nothing else.
If your account was deleted, then the name was maybe to short, and I'm sorry about that. If you had a lot of items I'll make sure you'll get some back, eather me or some other admins. Just keep in mind to have a name at least 5 letters long.
If your account was deleted, but the name and inventory were fine, then I don't know what's wrong. The surver is down now anyway, so can't do much at the moment.
Edit: it seems the surver is up, so if I can help in any way, just say.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-06-25 22:43:36

I just have to say one thing about the quest system. The reason so many people are having a hard time with it is because you don't get many in-game hints. In Alter Aeon you can talk to characters and get information not only on where to complete the quest, but roughly what you're supposed to do to do so. You're still having to figure out how to find these places, but at least that's a good start. Here, you really don't have clues and the maps that spawn for you to pick up can't be read, at least the last time I tried to use them. Listening to tapes can help, but you also have to know how to get to the tree house for example. Again, I still haven't been able to locate it. In-game maps which can be read could help with solving some of these more complicated quests.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2016-06-26 00:09:12

hi,
@ tr, i fully agree with you about the quest system

2016-06-26 03:13:26

hi,
someone can tell me how to unlock quests?. i've completed the first three, but i have no idea how to unlock the remaining two.
also, is there a command list for the quests and the new sistema? like questlist, questaccept etc?.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-06-26 06:48:49

Hi. One thing to keep in mind, this quest system is a very very early beta. By 1.0, admins will be able to make quests, and readable maps etc. I would have added more to the system, but you guys wanted the update so bad, and adding to much more to the update would introduce so many bugs that the update wouldn't be fun. Also aside from fixing broken things, don't expect anymore things like, oh, vending machines, drugs, an insane amount of stores in the fishing village... I will keep what I've added, but honestly, this game here is called survive the wild, and it's turning into, survive the fishing village. So expect a lot more survival elements, and expect things, even traveling by boat, to get much harder. I won't make the micanics that hard and I will keep the game playable, but it's getting more and more modern each update, something that must be fixed. So most if not all suggestions like moder boats or cars or marawana or another fishing village store, will be rejected. But if you have any suggestions on how to bring back the name survive the wild, i'm all for it. Again, not going to remove what I have, and the game will always be sort of sandbox stile, but i'm thinking of again moving the fishing village, like, a lot, lot, lot, like, maybe adding something rediculis like 10 or 15 full sized maps of ocean or something. This may piss some people off, but i've listened to to many modern suggestions, now for some wilderness suggestions... This is the reason I havn't bothered to make it so you can't steel coins out of vending machines, etc. Also, the story is being completely redone from scratch. There are a couple things still, like wyatt, for example, but most changed completely. So again, actual wilderness suggestions apreciated!

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-06-26 06:58:27

Also, looking back on posts, we do have a fiew issues right now, that slowly I am working on. The banning code will be worked on. I will be talking to philip benfall about ways to kill this well, issue with the server randomly crashing. I've been working on trying to own these bugs for a while though, so don't mind me if I feel the serious desire to take a break for a while.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-06-26 07:07:31

Unless boating is changed so you don't have to keep mashing T over and over, the game is going to be Survive The carpel tunnel Syndrome if things are going to be further away. Lol. People also arent going to want to leave the village if it's going to be a huge pain to get there and then back. Quite honestly, the only people who are going to be "pissed off" are the ones who don't buy teleporters.

As for making it more Survive The Wild and less modern, maybe add crafting recipes for clothing using furs and such. The Native Americans used to weave clothes out of cedar too. Maybe digging for water could also be a thing instead of always going to a stream or the ocean.

2016-06-26 07:42:31

funny, sam is now experiencing what aprone went through with swamp. so many demands, suggestions, complaining, crying, cheaters. which causes the developer to lose there vision of what they truly wanted the game to be. sam take a break from all the headaches and come back to this. and when you do come back ignore everyone else accept for your circle of admins. this community will suck you in and drain you, and make you want to say F this game

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-06-26 08:21:39

So I'm glad @Sam_Tupy brought up these points because this game is starting to look like live in the village indeed. The key problem in this game is the fact that players simply don't have much to really keep them motivated. Right now, you can go to any map and walk around as if nothing is happening around you, with the exception that animals are present on some maps and only bears and wolves pose a threat. For example, we can travel through a marsh, or a swamp without incident. There are no mosquitoes, alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and monitor lizards waiting to take a chunk of flesh off of us with a vicious bite of their serrated teeth and rip into us with their razor sharp claws. We simply had nothing to worry about up until sharks and that still needs some patching up before it actually works. We simply need the game to be much more challenging than it currently is.
Another thing is items. I said it before, but a reminder could help; All items should be crafted or obtained in a natural way. Yes we have coins and points now, but that is still depending a lot on a system of obtaining those coins and points in order to then get certain items. I'm glad that shields can now be crafted, but the suggestion of crafting clothing is certainly on the table, since we basically have to wait for them to spawn in a shop, which makes the game seem more modern. This may take a while to implement, but it's certainly a good way to get people out of the village. Medicines should also be mixed by gathering herbs from the forests and then boiling water on the fire in a pot and then adding in the various elements. Slingshots are simple and should be easy to build, as well has have their name changed from "rock gun", as their is no such thing as a rock gun.
The other issue is the infinite inventory system, which allows players to carry an infinite amount of items on them. The purpose of shelters is to provide places for us to store excess amounts of material for later use, which means that we have to be able to secure them. Right now, any player can enter another player's shelter without any trouble. This should be much harder in the future. as far as the bag, a limit on 100 items could be applied to all players, free and paid accounts alike. The rest of the items can be stored in our shelters, or other hiding spots.
Finally, there is the combat and weapon system. Revolvers are still single shot, which is a pain in the ass. clips would be much more preferable, or being able to load multiple bullets at one time; this would work much the same way as the crossbow. As of now, only the sword can actually parry attacks, but the other melee weapons still cannot be used to do so; in the case of the spear, you could use shift+space to parry, or distinguish between left and right alt, so that left alt+space can parry, while right alt+space can throw. The knife should also parry and be used as a throwing knife, considering many of us have multiple knives in our bags. Even the guns could have bayonets attached to their muzzles, which could give us more range. We could even use one of our knives as a bayonet by attaching it to one of our guns.
I hope I didn't overwhelm you with so many of these suggestions, as I typically seem to do. I just have a great vision for this game and would surely be implementing most of them if I was the developer. Hopefully, you will be able to take it back to its wild roots.

2016-06-27 02:11:31

I like the shelter idea, but anyone can just attack your shelter and destroy it if they turn PVP on. If you want to stop them, you're then forced into PVP against someone who may or may not be unkillable. If they attack it while you're logged off, you're out of luck entirely.

2016-06-27 02:26:17

I understand that, but I was referring to people entering your shelter, not outright destroying it.

2016-06-27 04:57:08

thumbs up for your post, rtr,  smile

2016-06-27 13:40:44

I have completed all of the quests

2016-06-27 16:42:23

greetings sam...
I've been translating you stuff back yesterday when you were using this translator thingy. One thing I would suggest, it's that it was working instead of ´ with tildes.
I recommend editing the translator thingy code with u t f8 codification, only that way it'll let accents pass along.
another thing: spanish people had made a lot of translation lines so far, and they are mostly missing to translate the audio storyline. May I translate the whole audio for them, then send you the final project so it'll appear in the menu deppending of the language currently used?
I can do 2 things: I can make my voice translating all that the storyline chars say lowering them everytime I speak, that is voiceover, or, I can not exactly rewrite, but remount or however it is called the whole sound/music scenarios.
I know this might made you feel a little disconfort, note my intention is not to gain any sort of credit nor to appear in any thanks on the changelog or whatever, it's to help some more in the translations, as they've been working a lot with the google translate thing, I honestly admit in that part i kinda didn't really worked too much.
anyways it's just a suggestion, and I hope to obtain an answer when ever you can check up on the forum thingy.
I keep sticking with MR. Turner's suggestion. Say bears or wolves, would it be possible to attract them instead of with flairs, with a peace of raw or cooked meat of any of them? I mean, it shouldn't be too long, just 20 or 30 tiles is enough, not meaning 300 or such tiles. It'll be chaotic.
Another thing, would it be possible to attract more than 1 animal with the above mentioned method? sometimes I myself love to be jerkish and do so. I know others love so as well, because btw it's a game and it's not boring at all to recraft stuff if you die.
Some more things: I suggest not coding the eating corpses new utility thingy. I'll rather point this game is played by minor people as well, and if you're including that I'll ask for an age requirement thingy.
Btw also, congratulations! the new nasty pants and this shirt you come with is freaking nice! but somehow it contains a rare bug hehehehe. Some times the ripped up shirt appears with: ripped_up_shirt_point=124. you have 1. I have figured out that only happens when you complete a quest, spend some points, then die. I kinda love to wear that thing. I'll ask for this bug to please be purged, as it's causing raw things against n v d a's translation and synthesis engine.
so, here's all I gotta suggest and resuggest xd cause turner made this bear/wolf attraction suggest some while ago, and well I hope you have a nice coding experience. Don't you assume preasure when it's treating about updates, it always happens that if you release a good thing there jumping over one foot, then when there tired they'll start: sam? sam? sam sam sam...
anyways take care, and hoping all goes well. Keep up the good work, and I'm following this project forward!
--
Makiocento technologies, 2010-2016

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2016-06-27 19:21:35

at the other post that menschened the bag limit to all players, I'm dissagreeing not completely, but still dissagreeing with that method. free accounts have that limitation because well, they are free accounts and need to have the player at least a little bit motivated to purchase a premium account or what ever. If we all had that limitation payd accounts would be pointless.
about the medicines, I suggested that just long ago, but with the slight curve that what I've suggested were potions and the new coldrin item thingy. That, would be hilariously hard to code 1 for the herbs, 2 for the mixing or whatever thing before it burns, and 3 for the actual good and bad mixtures and the wrong effects it can make towards your body.
--
Makiocento technologies, 2010-2016

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2016-06-27 21:37:20

First off, your point about not including eating corpses in the game because miners play it is a bit strange, considering the game has violence in it already. Killing bears by stabbing them to death with spears is pretty violent, not to mention skinning and gutting animals. So, eating corpses is not so bad after all.
Secondly, It is rather unrealistic to carry your entire inventory on your back. What I said before is that you could have 100 items in your bag at a time, not in your account. So, the rest of your inventory would be stored in your shelter. Paid accounts still give you certain perks like collecting sixteen gifts per day, which the free account doesn't allow you to do, as far as I know. Alternatively you could have different sizes of bags,, much like in Alter Aeon. Large bags, small sacs, and perhaps baskets could be included at some point in the future. You would decide on which bags you want to carry with you, depending on how far you are going to travel.

2016-06-27 22:28:25

while having the 100 of each item limit for a free account is survivable, especially because the limits for water and stored water are higher ... having 100 items in your bag, at least for the current gameplay, just isn't enough. if you are playing that way you might as well just have a fiew pots and water, and then nothing else. While there could be item limits, they would need to be much higher.
Currently, everyone can enter your shelter. Everyone can pick items. Anyone can blow up your shelter. If you drop some items and if nobody picks them up for some reason, they might be cleared by admins, because we do that if there are to many items on the surver because of the lag, or even more likely this days, cleared by the surver. To make this work out sam would have to change a lot of the game, actually.
And no, free accounts can collect 16 gifts per day. As far as I know, limited items are only real limitation so far, that, and not having the shiny * before your name.

2016-06-27 22:50:33

Mayana wrote:

while having the 100 of each item limit for a free account is survivable, especially because the limits for water and stored water are higher ... having 100 items in your bag, at least for the current gameplay, just isn't enough. if you are playing that way you might as well just have a fiew pots and water, and then nothing else. While there could be item limits, they would need to be much higher.
Currently, everyone can enter your shelter. Everyone can pick items. Anyone can blow up your shelter. If you drop some items and if nobody picks them up for some reason, they might be cleared by admins, because we do that if there are to many items on the surver because of the lag, or even more likely this days, cleared by the surver. To make this work out sam would have to change a lot of the game, actually.
And no, free accounts can collect 16 gifts per day. As far as I know, limited items are only real limitation so far, that, and not having the shiny * before your name.

OK, I wasn't exactly aware of all of the differences apparently. You're right about the hundred item limit, so I suggested the different size bags. Maybe Sam could turn shelters into storage lockers as well, or implement separate spaces for storage. Alter Aeon has storage lockers which can be purchased with credits and with real money. Maybe he could make it an upgrade in the STW store.

2016-06-28 03:09:56

I don't really like this idea because it's fun to carrie your whole stuff within you, attached to your smoll butkicked body, but lets see what sam thinks.

Take care.
Mike.

2016-06-28 12:22:55

Well, If that gets implemented we would need to at least change the worth of some items, so you wouldn't need as many of them. Water should stop being a sepret item from pots and water bottles, we could cary money in a pouch or something. It's nice that we can currently carry 10 fish, cooked or raw, in a skillet, so at least a little less space. But still, try surviving with just 100 items. It will be hard, because there are more than that even in the survival pack itself.

2016-06-29 00:20:00

Hi everyone, I decided to go back to the wild again. My question is, how do I find things I want like water sources and trees? Since the coordinates system was removed, I can't memorize locations of trees and water sources. So when I first log on to the game, I usually die from thirst because I can't find any water souoce near my starting point.
Any tips about finding objects would be great.
Thanks

2016-06-29 06:59:18

Hi, press k to look for water, mud, clay, trees, etc. Press m for items like nuts, berries, etc.

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2016-06-29 09:59:01

@momo7807, the water is east (on the start, that's right) of the clay, west/left of the grass. When you first create your account, you can just press up arrow a fiew times and you'll already be at the water, you allways spawn there for the first try. There is a water bottle in your survival pack, combine it with your hand to open it. You also have a bag of cups, each of them can have 5 water in it when filled. To find items, you press m and read what's in the menu. for finding diferend landtipes like clay or tree, you press k. after that, just walk twords it and press n to see how far it is from you.

2016-06-29 22:59:42

RTR_Assassin wrote:
Mayana wrote:

OK, I wasn't exactly aware of all of the differences apparently. You're right about the hundred item limit, so I suggested the different size bags. Maybe Sam could turn shelters into storage lockers as well, or implement separate spaces for storage. Alter Aeon has storage lockers which can be purchased with credits and with real money. Maybe he could make it an upgrade in the STW store.

and I thought garrett was bad with his ideas. lol. this is just... bad.
I didn't pay for to have the limit removed just to have another one. leave that other bag stuff back at alter aeon where it belongs. and shelters as storage lockers? shelters are supposed to be shelters. you wouldn't exactly be able to have a storage locker out in the wild.

2016-06-30 00:31:42

JWoodill21 wrote:
RTR_Assassin wrote:
Mayana wrote:

and I thought garrett was bad with his ideas. lol. this is just... bad.
I didn't pay for to have the limit removed just to have another one. leave that other bag stuff back at alter aeon where it belongs. and shelters as storage lockers? shelters are supposed to be shelters. you wouldn't exactly be able to have a storage locker out in the wild.

Then what is a camp sight for? You can put away some items you won't use in your tent, camp sight, shelter, etc. I didn't say it has to be just like Alter Aeon, I was just throwing out ideas. No need to get mad. Not to mention, your whole idea of not being able to have storage lockers in the wild is already challenged by the fact that you have teleporters and vending machines in the fishing village. Again, reconsider your statement. Finally, bags cannot hold an unlimited supply of items in the first place. That is why a bag's limit should be based on a certain amount of items it can hold, or how much weight you can carry. Besides, Sam was already considering limits of these sorts much earlier.