2016-06-20 17:18:11

Ahoy there.
This is quite a strange issue I have never encountered before.
When I bought my mac, and updated it, the apps were taking about 20gb of space or so. I installed vlc,bit torrent and nothing else.
I also downloaded a iso
Yesterday, I saw my space at 27gb as taking up by the applications.
Today, the same application space shows as 30gb and the only thing I have done on this mac since yesterday is written 3 pages documents, and browse safari.
My iPhone has 16gb storage, and all in all I had about 1.5gb free on it, after all the music and such were accounted for since a few days/week.
Today, I see that everything else is the same, music,others apps,pictures etc, but yet! My iPhone only has 300mb of free space left and I'm getting storage almost full, manage storage bra bla.
I deleted a few applications,and content like podcasts and such.
space was about 800mb remaining after that, Low and behold I check in the settings/general/usage/storage again and what do I find that 800mb has come down to 100mb
After that, I deleted each and every app, signed out of iCloud,and still with my music taking up 2.2gb it was still full at 9.5gb and the rest free.
I check after a while again,and I see used space 11.5gb and free space 0kb.

This has never ever happened with me in the last 3 years I have been using a iphone5, and now the 6plus. I plan on restoring my iPhone to factory settings and see if that helps any, however the increasing size of this mac's taken up space makes me quite uneasy after what has happened with my iPhone.
any ideas?
any of you experienced such a thing before?

Having a wonderful day,so I am. sad

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-06-20 20:22:04

To express my humble-personal opinion, I believe, but that's not only myself doing so, it appears that your iPhone is possessed. lol!

This ... I cannot ... believe ...!

2016-06-22 09:03:18

Ahoy there.
Hard to believe, ain't it
That was exactly my reaction, and yes I deleted my songs and the same thing started again. As soon as it sees empty space, it starts filling.
Hell, my Iphone was not even able to connect to Itunes because there was 0kbps left on it.
Itunes just threw up errors, but In the end I figured it the errors were caused by full space and after I deleted all songs, I could at least restore.

I've been having nothing but shit happening to me sinse a few days. That mac is truely a pain in the arse. On my windows machines I'd have problem, I'd fix and that was that, here one thing crops up 1 after the other. I.E now Safari on my mac can't even connect to this forum. All it does is say busy ready and busy as soon as I try and visit this forum.
Yes, I have cleared all data,disabled plugins, haven't had a chance to install extentions.....
Sheesh.
Sorry there for going off topic.

Follow me on twitter

2016-06-22 13:08:08

hi.
I warned...
you wanted a mac instead a windows PC now you have many problems.
you'll be entertained for long.
mac and voice over, are stuck in time with lots of problems.
today the mac and voice over is not a great alternative for us blind.
mac and vo sucks a lot...

Apple does not support more accessibility in solving problems on mac / VO.
sorry but I had to say.
Windows is by far the best option.

even the pc windows are better than Mac computers.
the hardware of the Mac, is weaker than a good pc windows.
it's my opinion.
NVDA and JAWS, are by far the best screen readers that have for us blind.
VO, sucks a lot and is stopped in time ...
long life  to windows.
cheers.

2016-06-25 17:29:50

hey grryfindore, if the new macs driving you this crazy at this stage you should maybe think about returning before that window closes and just grabbing yourself a windows machine.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-06-26 06:57:22

Ahoy there

mario, voiceover and mac are a pain in the arse to learn,true but I don't think I'd agree with your hardware assessment.

Exerdus, its not as much as the mac but the macbook pro 2015 that I ended up getting. That's the thing that's caused me the most regret, no its not bad, but in my opinion is it worse than a 2012? yes. 128gbssd,hardly enough to do anything with no option to change it, not supporting win7 and so on.
Yes, there are things about mac osx that I don't like I.E voiceover sluggishness, safari being busy all the time,pages not allowing you to set a default directory, and so on.
I even tried returning it, but this apple retailer was like we don't have that 14days returns policy,and that only applys to the USA.
sad
On a good note, I have win8.1 running on this,installed it just today. but I feel its heating up a bit too much? specially the right side and the line that runs along the screen above the keyboard, but I guess I'm stuck with this so I may as well try and do the best I can.
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2016-07-06 04:29:25

griff, u not alone here, i love my i phone, but for some reason the space has mushroomed, from apps taking 2 gigs, to over 4 gigs of space. i have no explenation. they just, grooped it under, other. so wen u go to ware it shows you how much space is being used it says. other is 2 or 3 gigs in use. it does not show me what it is. super odd though

There's a place for me in this universe.