2016-06-25 02:31:44

As you may or may not know, Fleksy has recently been acquired by Pinterest As a tribute to the community, they'll be open sourcing some of the aspects of Fleksy, particularly the ones that we know and love that strongly benefitted the accessibility of mobile typing. As committed as Sintellia was to helping the blind, their attention was, for one reason or another, diverted to the mainstream community, and Fleksy itself did go downhill at the launch of third-party keyboard support in ios8. Even so, it never worked with Talkback on Android. So now that some aspects of Fleksy are gonna be open sourced, what do y'all think? I personally think this is a great opportunity for Apple and Google to step in, if they choose, and build those aspects of the Fleksy keyboard straight into their accessibility api's to completely fix that keyboard support. Hopefully they do.

2016-06-25 03:17:05

I'm amused by the number of people I've heard say they hate autocorrection but who love keyboard prediction... Big stupid in head, me just no get it, dumb bricks get in way!  Make, no sense!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-06-25 03:21:35

To be totally honest, I like predictive input, considering how much faster it allows me to type, especially when texting someone.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2016-06-25 03:46:52

I don't like autocorrect because it isn't as smart as far as prediction is concerned, especially if you're not entirely accurate. And it can screw up names too if you're not careful. With Fleksy you could always hold down each key to type it in, then add that word, for example a name, to the dictionary. Can't do that easily with autocorrect.

2016-06-25 08:11:51 (edited by livrobo 2016-06-25 08:14:13)

To be honest, I stopped caring about Fleksy a long time ago. Back when they split the app to a VoiceOver version and a normal version. They said they had plans to put them together in the future, but I knew that wouldn't turn out well. Even after they combined them again, it's never worked as well as it used to.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.