2016-06-17 00:11:18

Hey everyone. So I love using the BGT Tonesynth Soundtrack object to make music. I made a musical called Mysteriously Dreamy. It might seem a little repetitive at times but I think you might enjoy it. The track is 2 minutes and 18 seconds long. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/359 … Dreamy.mp3

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2016-06-17 02:35:47

Hi John,

You're quite good at that. I like it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-06-17 04:20:12

Thanks. I wanted to give off a dreamy SiFi Spacey feel. Made me almost want to fly around. Literally. Lol.

Sincerely:
John Follis

2016-06-17 04:20:49

Heh, that's awesome.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-06-17 04:47:52

So did it give you the same feeling as well?

Sincerely:
John Follis

2016-06-17 13:17:51

Definitely an interesting song there. I liked it. Just a question, though. Did you add reverb on your own? Because as far as I know, the BGT tone synth can't do that on its own.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-06-17 14:07:05

Actually, the tone synth can do reverb.

tone_synth synth;
synth.reverb=true; 
看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-06-17 22:20:41

I actually just created a BrailleNote error sound with the BGT tone generator for no particular reason at all. Have fun with the source.
tone_synth synth;
void main()
{
synth.waveform_type=3;
synth.freq("200, 400, 600, 800", 1);
sound@ output=synth.write_wave_sound();
output.play_wait();
}

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-06-18 00:33:53

The only thing that bugs me is you can't really do percussion on it. And no vibrato capability either. I want to look into making electronic type music with Diminished and Augmented chords in it. Usually, you hear Major or Minor chords in techno music.

Sincerely:
John Follis

2016-06-21 13:57:03

Hi do you use midi keyboard?
how to use a midi keyboard
Thanks
Radio udaan team.

for more information please visit www.radioudaan.com
Radio udaan!
a flight of life!
India's online community radio station for visually impaired

2016-06-22 04:03:21

I didn't know they had a BGT Tone Synthesiser that used MIDI. Is that similar to how some programmes can generate computer-generated noises and tones, like the vOICe? Is there a VST that one can use with a MIDI sequencer?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-06-23 03:47:30

if you like messing with soundtrack, you'll love what I'm cooking up. It's a soundtrack2 edit, a bit outdated maybe, with harmonic capability, allowing you to do additive synthesis. And soundtrack2 comes with drums, but you're right, they kinda suck. You could use dactrack to stick some drum samples in there, but as cae says, beware rounding errors. Beware them heavily. I'm wondering what more i should add before a final release of ultrasoundtrack, the bgt tone synth is quite limiting...

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2016-06-23 12:16:11

I'm thinking you might be able to insert short wave files into the tone_synth by doing it the way they did with PC speakers, but that seems like a lot of work for poor quality.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-06-23 23:45:38

not to mention it would take forever to load and I don't know how to turn a wav file into siniasoids to do it with. My version doesn't have the bending capability, cae, could you upload the latest soundtrack2 and I could murge the two? I want to keep my additive synthesis. I had to devise a note to frequency function just so I could do it, and yes you can insert inharmonic partials by specifying an interval to add along with the normal sound. Only issue I'm having is the ASR envelope I tried to do with additive, the release seems to work just fine but the attack doesn't because I'm not a math wiz. I need a formula that will make the lowest frequencies fade in the shortest by setting their attack, and the highest fade in the longest, producing an upsweep in harmonics. There are three variables. amv for the maximum value of the attack, how long the highest frequency will take to fade in, harmonics, the number of harmonic partials being added, and I, in a for loop, the number of the current partial. Cae, can you come up with a formula for that? The formula I devised for release that seems to work follows.
ar=rmv/(harmonics-(i-1));
where ar, or at in the case of the attack formula, is the current release/attack for this partial, and rmv is the copy of amv but for release.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2016-06-23 23:53:57

also this soundtrack has majorly changed it's syntax, I'm so used to mml I just decided fuck it, I'm doing mml. So now I have mml syntax in this thing, meaning the notes are lower case, p is now r, attack and release are now upercase, they also use the millisecond precision, which means more decimal places, etc. I'm gonna have to write a documentation of my own.

----------

2016-07-12 21:39:22

here, have a demo. This is a lot of my testing things... http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=YrcOwND1qtjcyje

----------