2016-06-08 03:28:19

Hi,
A friend brought this to my attention. So basically, when you try to register or update your profile, this is the result.
Sorry, you cannot register on this forum, we think you are bot.
I tried it, he tried it, both with the same results. I have really no idea what's going on.
Any ideas?

2016-06-08 16:49:25

I've passed word of that onto   Sander, since that's serious if so.
I can't verrify myself since I don't have a spare email address to create a test account on, though I'd be interested to know what mail address your friend was using to register that made the forum think he was a bot.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-06-08 17:48:51

Omar, are you using anything like LastPass to fill in fields for you?  Some users use addons/scripts/programs like these that will remember their passwords or user names for them, and they automatically fill in some fields for you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-06-08 20:25:34

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to register and did not get the bot message...how come other people do get this message? Maybe it's a punBB add-on that is installed? Do you know what the exact error notification is? Best, Sander

2016-06-08 20:31:25

Hi, there are indeed some rules for user ips. The forum is set up to block via a honey pot and ip and email by StopForumSpam. I think this causes the ip to be blocked.

2016-06-09 08:17:42

all he told me was it was a gmail address.
Update. It only seems to work with IE.
Firefox does have some autofill features, but 1, I'm not entirely sure how to turn those off, and 2, I'm not sure if that would make any difference.
And the error I got was something a bit like,
Sorry, you cannot register on this forum, we think you are bot.
That's a rough draft of what I remember.
I'm from florida, United states, and as I may or may not have said, I also tried it, same result.
Hope this helps.

2016-06-09 08:54:19

Does the forum have a setting "Enable honeypot protection" for the login or registration page?  If so, I think disabling it would solve this issue Omar and his friend are having.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software