2016-05-21 12:36:28

Ahoy all

I don't have access to my primary/ only laptop atm, and am stuck with using a ios device full time.
The bluetooth keyboard does make browsing and things like that quite eazy,but I still need something to get rid of this bordom,  a little.
I thought of listening to harry potter jim dail versions again, crazy I know. :d
I even found them on youtube, but wouldn't you guess after 2 3 hours of me having started on the first book, the dam videos were deleted from youtube.
So I'm getting at this. If any of you happens to have Harry potter books read by jim dail, if you could dropbox them and send me the link, I'd appriciate it loads.
Don't post the links on the forum, either pm me or e-mail. please try and have them in either m4b or a single whatever format file
I do have those books already,but they are in my hdd, so I can't get access to them on this iphone.
Upload second books onwards. I'm downloading first one atm, and the process to get those from filehosts is a true pain,plus I don't like this app I'm using to download the book through. I suspect it might collect editional info such as my pw and suchj or at least have access to such. but that's for another topic.
Thanks!

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-05-21 17:15:52 (edited by sid512 2016-05-21 17:28:02)

hello there,
I remember having both jim dale and steven fry's version of harry potter lying around somewhere. as far as my memory serves right, the jim dale version is in m4b for each book, so that makes around 8 files in that format (one of them could be in 2 parts etc). not actually sure about their size though, will get back after checking in a while. I gave a listen  up to the second book a few months ago, and also considering listening to them when these exams are over big_smile .

regards.

edit: even though all of them are single files in m4b format, the total size is about 2.9 gb. unfortunately I can't upload that amount of data from home, but if you want just a few books having finished a couple of them before, I might try uploading one at a time and so on.

thanks

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-05-21 18:56:13

Hi sid,
1 at a time would be nice too, cheers. perhaps start the ball rolling with second and so on?
Thanks and cheers.
I'm relistening to the jim series, while stephen fry is quite better and I enjoy his readings, jim's voices are particularly well done and they add a extra something to it. besides, they were the first book I read or listen the one read by jim dail so I haver a special little place for em in my heart. :d
Having nothing to do besides trying out a few muds, and chat with a few people on whatsapps and such after a while you do end up needing with something to be doing to keep you from dieing from bordom. lol

Remember, e-mail,private message or in your case (sid) whatsapp I guess.
cheers and thanks again!

Follow me on twitter

2016-05-22 12:49:44 (edited by sid512 2016-05-22 12:51:59)

hi,

cheers. actually what I like about the series is once I start reading them there is no stopping, they give the sense of attachment to the characters and the feeling of adventure specially at some points where one is eager to find out what's next. also after hearing the first and second book read by steven fry I was quite amazed to discover so many details which were otherwise missed earlier while reading them in text.

anyways, i'll start one by one up to the fifth I guess,  because of limited data usage available.

cheers and thanks.

p.s. I also gave up on Skype since last few months because for some reason it decides to completely freeze my laptop  just after a few mins and ditto with updates etc. might have seriously messed up something lol

laters

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-05-22 14:26:07

Ahoy there,
@sid, thank you mate, really appriciate it.
I haven't given upon anything, its just that I don't have access to my pc atm and I'm using my ios device with a bluetooth keyboard, hence this topic because I can't even  get them off my external hdd. :d
oh well, this should keep me for a while.

grryf

Follow me on twitter

2016-05-22 14:36:47 (edited by sid512 2016-05-22 14:38:41)

hi,

I'm glad you liked tongue.

enjoy

big_smile

2016-05-24 12:04:00

wow, I only heard of the Steven one. my friend gave me an htd with 87 gigs of audiobooks in it. But she only had Steven Fry's version.