2016-05-01 07:50:19

Hey all, pokeboss here. I have come to ask you all about your favorite audio dramas. I, myself, have three favorites.
  We're alive: This audio drama is just the best audio drama for zombies out there. The story line is great, the voice acting and sounds are great as well.
  The leviathan chronicles: While i haven't finished it yet, it's a great audio drama if you like great fights! I mean, wow! How mutch more gorier and serious er can they be! A great storyline, with great sounds and voice acting.
  Our fair city: A most interesting in to the future si fi thriller. The storyline is from the point of view of the brodcaster. It is told from a radio in an audio drama. Therefore, it is an audio drama inside an audio drama! They're still finishing up the story, so, they'll start season seven in may twenty-first, i believe. And they do blooper reals and other stuff in between seasons to get you hiped for the next one. I love there storyline and character acting. Hey! Fun fact! Did you know that some of their sounds ar made from scratch? Yeah, that's awesome!
  Anyway, please share with me and tell me what are your favorites. Thank you very mutch!

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-05-01 12:21:24

I like the stuff from big finish, although you have o buy them. I've enjoyed docot who: dark eyes which is a series of four different volumes, I've listened to volume 1 so far. It's got quite a lot of sound effects and music and the acting is good. It's science fiction and there's definiitely interesting speculations and thigns that could, i theory, effect the tv show itself as well.

2016-05-01 13:31:33

Agree with Aaron about big finish, though they have their good and bad moments, then again sinse I subscribe I get lots of stuff. March's monthly stoyr, the peterloo massacre was amazing!

I've not heard of this "fair city" drama, could someone please post a link? Leviathan I enjoyed but I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of progress and the way the story is just hanging mid season 2. We're alive is awesome, I did the kickstarter for lockdown and am very glad I did.

Some of Darker projects stuff is good, particularly byron chronicles though recently that's moved elsewhere and I do remember hearing the series had finished completely, actually I need to finish those myself.

I also have some old favourites from the bbc such as the radio play of Lotr from the eighties with Ian Holme as Frodo, every lotr fan should hear that (it makes peter Jackson's efforts look a bit sick), they also did very good adaptations of the Sherlock holmes stories and even Wizard of earthsea (though the actor who played young ged needs shooting).

actually I really ought to listen to radio four more often and chehck what series they've got going drama wise, I really don't tend to seak out as much by way of audio dramas, though i enjoy them when I get them sinse reading (and for me reading audiobooks with an actual human), is sort of my default form of entertainment.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-01 18:47:18

I have a few favorites:
Sword of Crimson Tatters by Broken Sea (which has been on hiatus)
the Once and Future Nerd (fantasy with a twist)
and the Leviathan Chronicles (which I started listening to).
I really wish I had the money to purchase some of the Big Finish dramas, especially since I'm a huge Doctor Who fan.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-05-02 21:05:30

Ah, forgot about failed citiess, they're cool!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-02 21:12:42

hi,
any idea  if there is any way to get bbc radio 4 dramas from the past? eg there were a few that I wanted,which were broadcast some time in 2013 and likes. sadly the bbc site doesn't provide much just the recent ones. so yeah.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-05-03 13:25:25

Hi,
Yeah, We're Alive still remains one of my favourites; there's just something about it that really captures my attention.
Other's that I really like include:
The navy lark, Cabin Pressure, The Castle, and Radio Active.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2016-05-03 14:13:19

The Radio Drama Revival podcast is a showcase for audio drama and has a huge archive that includes look-ins on many series with info to find the rest.  They also have some complete productions, one of which, called "Severed Threads" is a fantastic multi-part story.

2016-05-07 19:13:55

Yeah dark, i'll post the link to our fair city, but you have to tell me how to do it. Is there a guide on how to do these things? Thanks!

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-05-08 11:27:13

@pokeboss posting links on the forum is no different to posting links in an e-mail, to a text file or anywhere else.
In internet explorer you just hit alt d to go to the address bar of the page you want to post a link to, hit the applications key and select "copy shortcut", or just find the link in your favourites, hit properties and again "copy "shortcut"

Firefox is I believe the same, I'm not sure about other setups, but basically it's just a matter of coppying the web address to clipboard and pasting it on the forum in your post.

@Violinist, could you please provide a link to that podcast?
Also, as I said www.whitestick.co.uk has a listing for online audiodramas and audiobooks, I'd suggest people contact tom lorimer about sending their links along.

2016-05-08 13:08:19

Or just go to the address bar and press Control+C or Control+X, then Control+V when you are in the text field.

2016-05-08 17:08:56

So I use a braillenote apex, and I know how to copy and paste links, but when i see the topic in my email, it says something like: left bracket url = (the website) right bracket (the name of the link( left bracket / url right bracket. I'm writing it in words so I don't actually post a link. I'll try to post the one I saw in my email and then i'll post the one that you all suggested. But what if mine doesn't have a beginning of http://? Ok here goes.
try this link for our fair city audio drama
http://www.ourfaircity.com

2016-05-08 17:12:28

Ok so I just posted two links. They both work. I guess if you want it to look fancy, you do it the way I saw in the email.

2016-05-08 17:29:50

Hey guys! Ok so I wanted to post two more links here. One is podiobooks whitch, if I'm correct, Cristoff Lapudcuh (i know i'm not spelling it right), talked about it on one of his sope box episodes for leviathan chronicles. Podiobooks is a website where you get free audio books there. I know some of you guys have heard of it (the failed citys monologue), but I wanted to post it for new people out there. The next one Cristoff also talked about was the audio drama directory witch has a pretty big selection of audio dramas in all the catagories, action, mistery, thriller, sience fiction, fan fiction, etc. By the way, When i went to the failed cities monologues on podiobooks, and clicked on the first one, Ethan, it gave me a 404 error. Can someone post a link to where I can find them? Thank you

2016-05-09 06:04:49

Me, my favorite audiodrama is, we're alive! But wait, i have a question. Are there any sites where you can download audio drama? I am looking for more to listen. It's fun you know...

2016-05-10 08:55:47

In addition to their comics, Comics Empower is now adapting graphic novels. These could almost pass as audio dramas.

2016-05-10 14:54:46

The Radio Drama Revival podcast site is http://www.radiodramarevival.com

2016-05-12 04:12:58

Radio dramam revival is awesome.
I highlly recommend it.
Also. the sonic society and moonlight audio theater.

2016-05-12 09:55:12

Byron chronicles moved here.
http://ericbusbypresents.com/category/t … chronicles