2016-05-01 21:56:15

Hey everyone!

Some time ago there were a shared dropbox folder created by Sam Tupy where developers of audiogames could share there code for anyone to use.
Unfortunately, it was closed after some time do to management issues.
Thats why The ARCUS Project was created.

The Arcus Project is a online cloud repository created by TegnerCodes.com, where developers can share code, libraries, effects and much more to help create audio games and accessible programs.

Advantages over a dropbox folder:
- It is hosted in the cloud, so it doesn't take diskspace on anyones computer.
- It is viewable by everyone.
- No one gets spammed with notifications.

How to join:
Just send a mail to [email protected] with the following details:
Username.
Password.
A short reason for why you wan't an account (what you can/will upload, what you have made in the past and so on).

You will get a confirmation mail after up to 48 hours.
Then you will need The Arcus Client.
You can download it here: http://arcus.tegnercodes.com

Where can i find the repository?
You can find the public repository on the following address: http://arcus.tegnercodes.com/repository/

Hope it will be of some use for someone.

ps: PLEASE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE WHEN UPLOADING TO THE REPOSITORY!

more questions?
Make a repply here. Or contact [email protected]

Nicklas
CEO of TegnerCodes.com

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2016-05-02 06:29:06

Why not set it up as a list of links in readme.md file on a git repository? Then anyone who wants to share code just puts it up on github, and sends a pull request for the readme.md to include that new URL.

The advantages of this are version control, and most people who would have code to contribute would have Github anyway.

2016-05-02 13:09:01

Because i asked some blind developers and they said that they found github confusing to navigate...

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2016-05-05 21:48:03

How is github hard to navigate?  I really wanna know. I agree with Victorious on this. Github would be a much better solution to this.

2016-05-05 21:52:34

So if i switch to github would you guys use it???

2016-05-08 17:30:58

The documentation was rather confusing for Github, especially with regard to running from source, etc. It is more of a reference rather than a guide.

2016-05-09 00:42:35

Github is still much better. For instance, in github, I can roll back my changes if I screw something up. In the cloud I cannot do that. If you guys want, I'd be happy to set up a git repository with AWS, or set one up on GitHub itself.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github