2016-04-09 04:05:07

Hi. Anyone know of some good audio dramas? Ever since Broken Sea Audio stopped updating their audio dramas (in particular Sword of the Crimson Tatters), I've not listened to a good audio drama. Of course there's World 0, which I really do need to listen to.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-04-09 08:18:33

listen to we're alive and leviathan chronicles, i'm sure they'll keep you hooked for a considerable period of time.
enjoy

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-04-27 15:30:09

The Truth podcast has just begun a new series about a struggling band that discovers that it can enter into the world of its songs, and that the world is not nearly as safe as they thought.  it's funny, close to the bone for those of us who've participated in or loved local bands, and is well produced.

2016-04-27 16:41:57

Hi,
I know we're alive is starting a new series called lockdown. They won't release the thing all at once, but instead will post each new episode on Wednesdays of each week. You  can obtain the audio in a podcast player of your choice. The feed is called we're alive. Just search on google and you should find more info.

2016-04-28 01:01:02

@TMV: The Truth is just awesome in general...Can definitely recommend all their stuff.
@Cartertemm: Kickstarter backers get the episodes on Tuesdays, about a week in advance...For the public, it's released on Mondays though, not Wednesdays. But yes, definitely worth a listen too! Being a backer myself I can at least speak for both episode 1 and 2...Both are just epic.
As for Leviathan Chronicles...While it's good and all, their sudden stop in production and lack of updates for, what? Two years now? ... Kinda disappointed me. That podcast had potential for sure! And it was just starting to get interesting too.
For more We're Alive stuff, which I can't recommend enough, check out Apartment 2C on YouTube, where Kc Wayland, Grayson Stone and Tony Rey go behind the scenes and interview the cast members...And lots more. It's great fun!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2016-04-28 15:11:20

I just listened to the first episode of the Songonauts. The concept is pretty interesting.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-04-29 07:06:50

People should check out The whitestick.co.uk audiobooks page and if there are any good audio dramas they don't know about, e-mail tom lorimer and have him update the page.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-04-29 09:25:05

Another great source for audiodramas/audiobooks is
www.graphicaudio.net
They, and
www.bigfinish.com are my personal favourites.

2016-04-29 13:18:31

If you're into reddit. try the audio drama  subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/audiodrama

2016-04-30 19:34:11 (edited by Figment 2016-04-30 19:44:09)

Before I lost my vision, I played the first three Mass Effect games from Electronic Arts and Bethesdda Softworks. If you are familiar with the story, there several audiodramas set in the Mass Effect universe that are pretty good.

Another set of audio dramas I've been listening to is CBS' Radio Mystery Theater on archive.org. Just google "radio mystery theater" to find them. There are almost 1,400 episodes which you con download or stream one at a time, or if you have a bit torrent client, you can download all the episodes at once. They're in MP3 format.

2016-04-30 20:02:31

How could I forget the Welcome to Night Vale podcast (I think it's welcometonightvale.com) surreal horror at its head-scratching best.  There's an Audible title in that universe that I would recommend people listen to the episodes that occur chronologically before the book release before listening to the book, as it's filled with fan service goodies that won't necessarily make sense to a Night Vale virgin.

2016-04-30 23:48:13

hi,
I think there is a site called theaudiodramadirectory.com or something like that, there you can brows different cats and choose the one you like, and quite a lot of dramas podcasts etc. some may not be available while a few may sound terrible, but still a good source if one says it that way.

however, I like the audio dramas with good story and awesome sound effects and all, we're alive and leviathan chronicles on the list. just about the best ones I've heard so far.

enjoy

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-05-01 03:19:31

@TMV: I'd hardly call WTNV an audio drama...But it's good stuff indeed. Can recommend it too, even if I'm eternally stuck at episode 20...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4