2016-04-30 01:01:56

Hello,

Does anyone on the forum here have the source codes for the Blazie games from Dan Zingaro's collection?
I was in contact with him as I'm working on a port to Windows for another game and was wondering if anyone has Point Rally source code?

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-04-30 03:37:02

Hi Btman16.
No I don't have them personally but they used to be on his website I'm pretty sure. If your talking about the old BrailleLight games I have no idea.
Sorry I Couldn't be more help.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-04-30 05:24:07

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The files on his site are the actual .bas files containing the actual compiled game. He was thinking some of you might have the uncompiled source code so he suggested I check here. These files would typically have a .src extension on them.

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-05-01 00:45:33 (edited by Jason SW 2016-05-01 01:53:51)

I used to have these, but I seem to have lost them at some point in the last year or two.
I checked everywhere I could think to look, even in really old Time Machine backups, but no luck. Sorry!
The only person I know that might still have them is Harrylst, who I got them from originally.

2016-05-06 20:12:28

Hello,

Sorry for the very late response to this.

I'm still new to this forum. What is the best way to get in contact with this person to see if they do still have the source code?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-05-06 23:20:51

Hi,

The person I mentioned is a member of the forum. You could try sending them a private message.
http://forum.audiogames.net/profile.php?id=683
Let us know if you get a response.

2016-05-09 20:59:10

Hello,

I've been waiting a few days to see what I get, and as of now I have not seen a reply to the private message in the Inbox under Private Messages.

Is there somewhere else I should check? I haven't been able to do any more work on this project so far.

Thanks again for your help! smile

Have a great day,

Brandon

2016-05-10 20:55:09

He also has his email address on his profile. You could try contacting him that way. Besides that, I'm not sure who else might have the source. It was publically posted here on the forum at least twice, but I'm not sure who else might have it.

2016-05-13 20:51:50

Hi,

Is there a quicker way to find a topic such as the one with the source code than browsing through all the pages?

For instance, is there a way I can get a search box to type in what I'm looking for? That way I wouldn't have to search all the pages of this forum.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-05-13 21:33:22

Hi,

The search page might be able to find them for you, but I don't think it'll do you any good. The source was posted to Dropbox, but the links in those topics are invalid now.

2016-05-24 21:28:42

Hello,

Unfortunately, when I contacted them to ask them about the source code I was told that they do not have it.

Unless the Dropbox link is available again I'm not sure I will be able to continue this project.

Here are some options:

1. Release the project as is: Although the project is very incomplete and probably has issues and things that vary from the original, I can release it if you like.

2. Wait for my next project: Currently I'm working on a project where you take a list of words, and the computer picks a word randomly that you have to spell. The number of words it picks is determined by how many are in the file. The words are randomly chosen from the file, and as you progress, the amount of time you have to think of and spell the word is less, making you have to think quicker, and type it more quickly, something I've been really addicted to as I test it and watch it come together. This would be my first project in BGT and man, it's been fun.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-05-24 23:36:24

Moderation!

Sorry for coming to thise one so late.
The offtopic room is for offtopic messages, ie, messages not about games, so this topic properly belongs elsewhere on the board, either the developers' room or general game discussion.
I'll move it to general for now.

Appologies I didn't get to this earlier.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-25 02:27:37

Hi,

Sorry about that. It was actually supposed to be me just asking about the code and then it sort of drifted as I hadn't seen it come in.

Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Brandon

2016-05-25 18:34:22

Hello,

I was wondering if you wanted me to post what I have, which is one option, or I can post the new game I'm currently creating I mentioned in one of my other posts.
Unfortunately at this stage I won't be able to complete Point Rally since I don't have its source code.

Thanks,

Brandon