2016-04-29 13:21:07

Yes, i'm aware that limit is their if you haven't payed. And yes, ip banning doesn't always work in this sanario. I still need an answer on weather their is someware, besides these forums and as told by the admins, where their is a list of rules that should be followed. If their is, this situation is understandable, even if I don't agree with the choice to charge for this game. If their isn't, you can't really accuse people of cheating with out coding some limit into the server to prevent it. If you haven't told people that this is not ok, a lot, i'm not saying all but a lot of would be cheaters will understand that and may not do it. Its not a 100 percent full proof system but their does need to be a listing of rules in place.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2016-04-29 13:36:26

No rules

2016-04-29 13:39:40

Just saw mayana's post on the hole rules thing. Their's your problem and why so menny people are upset. You can't make rules low priority on an online game if you don't want their to be cheaters. And you can't make unclear rules either. Nore can you just enforce rules to be set by the admins with out informing the players first. I hate to say this but you can't rely on common sence. Believe me i've learned it the hard way. Remember your players are people. They have lives too and don't always think the same way as you do. Thus unless you say in the rules or policies, hey, you can't pick up x amount of item because its considered cheating, or hey, you can't exploit loopholes, you are still in effect, punishing though's players who might have cheated but who didn't know they did. Thus, you still wind up looking exactly like the bad guy. Thus, peoples complaints are justified. Put some rules in, tell people in the game where to read them and don't as i've said before, rely on them to go auto look up a manual for rules with out telling them. Then when you've tried all the possible systems to prevent cheating, if it still persists and you make it payed, then, maybe these complaints wouldn't be justified. If their is a rules file, that players can see, its mentioned in game or at least told in game and its not just some random you find out on the spot when you do something rong by the admins thing, please. Do let me know. I'll be glad to retract my statements and admit I was rong.

2016-04-29 13:39:50

no rules means that you can't accuse people of cheeting when there is no rule to prevent it.

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2016-04-29 13:49:48

There is no rule files checked that

2016-04-29 14:15:45

True, no rules is a bit dicey, and should be avoided at all costs, but who doesn't make mistakes please stand up and throw the stone... I'm not sure what qualified as cheating, but i'm sure that somehow duplicating items wich you originally have to buy qualfies as unacceptable behaviour, rules or no rules. I am not sure what the qualifications of cheating are, and would be glad to know that myself, but since money is asked, i don't think it was just a matter of too much fish...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2016-04-29 14:32:00

Yes, who doesn't make mistakes. This is not his first one. I won't bring up the past ones but you can find them. I too have made mistakes. I don't expect people to forgive me for them, and I don't attempt to justify my actions with that excuse. Because we've all made mistakes, yes. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't learn from them. Further more, this is not, the first time the subject of a rules file has come up. I've specificly mentioned this to sam on a number of times off game. If we're talking common sence, then a rules file should also be common sence, it shouldn't be a mistake to over look it even after someone has specificly mentioned it to you. You've also got to look at how this is announced. Up until this point, i've not herd any discussions about cheating. The people I know who have played stw have not complained about cheating. A careful read of his post not only reveals that he didn't specify what was considered cheating in the firstplace. This is no different to, say if a dealer gives you a car but doesn't tell you that you can't change the color or you risk losing your warranty on it, then when you go to change it you have no service done on it. Tarible analogy I know, but this is why people are upset. Then below that, an announcement as to further restricting players activities in the future. That, is what seems to me like the cash grab. If he really wanted this to be maintained as free as possible, then you wouldn't be seeing him looking at restricting peoples things in the future unless it had to be done and people were abusing that too. See where the peaces fit in here? The reason people wern't so upset enough at aprone when he did this is he made the hole thing payed with the acception of offline, he had a rules file, and their was enough evvidence to show that people were indeed tampering with the server and hacking it. Even then, from what i've been told making swomp camersial has not entirely stopt people from cheating. This is exactly why people are getting ticked off and acting this way. Take it from me, someone who's been developing for 4 years. If I had pulled this kind of bullhonky with dmnb, i'd get the same lashback and i'd deserve it, no matter what my acomplishments are. I'm sorry to say. But just because  you are a developer, no matter how much respect you have, doesn't mean sirten things can be let to slide by. If I were in tupy's shues, this is exactly the sort of behayvure i'd be expecting if i'd made this choice.

2016-04-29 14:47:57

Howdy all,

Oh boy, I thought the forums would be active after Sam's announcement, and I wasn't disappointed. Who would have guessed everyone would be flipping out about making the game semi-paid...well everyone should of. The issue with things like this is those who want to comment on it are always those who feel strongly, and in situations like this they are always the angry ones. So why not, I'll throw in my 3 pennies, or $15.95 worth of thoughts.

My first response is to say, yeah, get over it. yes I know some people can't afford it, but if anyone would like they can go and read the forums when Aprone made the same announcement for swamp. oh boy were people really flipping out over on that forum thread when he made the game paid. but you know what, even those who couldn't use PayPal to buy an account still managed to get one and play the game. So all those who want to wig out and say they are done, well if they actually are then they are, that is their decision. But what they don't realize is even if they can't use PayPal, folks always find a way to keep playing a game they like. Would everyone be happier if Sam made the game completely paid? I know I would enjoy that much more, but I can only imagine how much everyone would be wining here if the did that instead.

The thing is, what is the detractor from cheating right now? oh yeah, that's right, there isn't one, just to hope people will be decent and not ruin the game? Well the worst thing to hope for is people to be decent for the sake of being decent, folks don't work like that. Now there is a small price tag attached to the game that will work as insurance. Yeah go ahead and cheat, but it won't get you too far with item caps, and if you want to unlock the game fully and still cheat, well that will get pricey.

Now that said, I do agree, I would much rather see the game be 100% paid, and there is a good model of how to do it. the same way Aprone did with swamp, you pay something small like $2 a month, but you have to pay up front 1 year at a time. that way if you cheat you then forfeit the years worth and are out the $24, then if you want to make another account after cheating go ahead, but it will get expensive if you want to keep cheating. There is something to be said for making the game 100% paid, then you get rid of all the riff-raf who cause the issues and the player base is solid and those who actually want to play and enjoy the game, not screw around and ruin it. Yeah I know some people don't have the ability to use PayPal, or they say they don't have the cash to spend on the game, but if I think about this I don't really buy into that. For some this might be the case, but if you think about it, you spend money on things you enjoy, whatever that may be. for me it's My brandy, my cigarettes, good food, and a couple games here and there, and I'm not rolling in the dough by any means. but if stw is something you enjoy like say going out to eat, there is no price difference there, if you don't want to pay the money it isn't because you can't, but you don't value it enough to pay. for those who do they will pay to unlock the game as it stands now, or if it is 100% paid they will pay to play. And I can already hear folks say, but I'm only a kid and I don't have a PayPal or credit card, well how do you think kids all over the world get COD, or GTA, or Halo? They aren't running down to the corner market with a toy gun and robbing it for the extra cash. What I'm getting at is everyone bitching at Sam, well it's just silly, do you call up AT&T to yell at them for charging for phone service, or a main stream game developer for daring to charge for their product? Let's take call of duty for example, you need to pay for the actual game, that lets you play it locally, but then if you want to go online that is another thing you need to pay for, and I'm guessing if you go read some X box forums you aren't gonna see everyone complaining about it being paid, and folks saying they are done because it isn't free. And in this case they are charging for a profit on their investment of time, Sam isn't even doing this. He is charging to weed out the cheaters and those who ruin the game, if he just wanted a monetary return on his investment he would say hey folks, the game cost X to play. So with everyone saying they are done, and how wrong this is, well all I do is shrug, quit if you want, but you should be happy it isn't simply pay to play. If I had the choice to make that is what I would do just for simplicity's sake, one change, and boom problem solved. of course people will still try to cheat and get away with it, but let them, they can keep paying and getting banned.

So in summary, yep I'm an ass, I could apologize for that but if I did I'd have to apologize all the time and I wouldn't have time for anything else like playing STW. I'm sure this really rubbed some folks the wrong way, but that's not the intention, it's just life. Overall Sam is a pretty damn nice developer, he actually seems to listen to everyone complaining to him even though he tried to find the middle road and make it fair for those who "can't pay". My over all thoughts are, well time to move on folks, the game has changed, and as usual it was because of stupid people doing stupid things, if you haven't realized it yet, this is the case all through life. But a part of me hopes everyone gets Sam frustrated enough that he says okay, game is 100% paid now, take it or leave it. for those like me who will give up the couple dollars it will be so so worth it for a player base who doesn't cheat and who plays the game to play it right. Now all I have left to do is wonder what the over under is on how many people will post about how wrong they think I am...

and as a side note, I've been away but live streams and stuff along those lines are coming, just a little bit longer now.

2016-04-29 15:02:05

OK OK, let me tell you something guise about bgt, the new version.
you're saying because of limitations, people should have buy the game, if he/she made a cheat, he/she will get ban. but   then he/she will change he's / she's I P and he will come back again to the game and will cuntinew he's or she's cheating.
here, I have to tell you I hurd new version of bgt is comeing out until next month and one of things I know is banning serial hard is included in the new version.

so, when some one is a cheator and get ban, he or she can not comeing back to the game and doing that again.
if they change they's pc or laptop 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, but not 4 times! it is not choklet!
you can ban them and they will can't play this game any more.
even in this version, changeing computer ID is not as easy as You think

also there is another think i should say:
in first versions "older versions", game was awesome with no limitations and people worn't    cheators there was no pk so people could kill others and get they items so they didn't need to cheating or something like that.
but now  you made the limitations. people cheated a lot a lot a lot and a lot! when you  maded pk system, no one could kill others until they wants.
then, they soposed to cheat.
now you made this huge limitations.
so you have to be sure about more hackers and more cheators.
it was better if you asked  why they cheated.
maybe they could help you and tell you their reason. after that, you could think what should you do about it. then maybe you could make cheators litteler than now.
as I sed, I can not play your game anymore because pay pal is banned in my country.
and dollair is expansib  here.
I don't have a credit card or anything like that. so,   I can not buy this game. but hopefully you will read my comment and you will under stand me what was my meen.
because my english is not very good, hopefully you  under stand me.
bye

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-04-29 15:09:17

@the poster before this one, you have quite a few good points. I'm not complaining on the game being payed. I struggle with money myself, but I still manage to find time and money to get the things I want. If it were meerly that, i'd leave my face out of this one and indeed, keep my opinions to myself as you suggested. Like I pointed out in my last post however, their's a few things that need to be considered. The lack of a rules document for one. I haven't been on stw in quite a while, so I may have mist the hole cheating thing, but their's very little explonation as to what exactly is going on here. Just an announcement of hey, to prevent cheating the game will now cost half way. While we're talking mainstreem games, corporations/companys could be slammed by their users for doing this meerly because their was only cheating going on. The exact same thing would very much happen their. Users will get up in arms about it, and even if you tell them to keep their complaints to themselves, they will still continue to voice their douts and annoyances. This too is life. I'm avoiding commenting on this hole paying situation, specificly because i'm neutral on this hole paypal ishue. I'm sure if you talk to sam about this and you explain the circumstances as to why you can't pay he'd be willing to listen.

2016-04-29 15:21:15

Well, the main reason for the payed accounts was announced yesterday in the motd. The exact text fails me, but due to soled items being duplicated or otherwise badly used, the amount of people buying them fell down, wich in essance is stealing money. So, who cash grabs who? Besides, a rule file is easy to produce, and with the propper adjustments nothing to be going rong. What's done is done, and the order may be a bit off, but if the inclusion of a rules file would solve everything ... Sadly I don't think so. Comon cence to define cheating is: obtaining items, health, energy or other stuff in a way that is not manually picking up, eating, or otherwise building them also aquazision from an admin counts as legaly obtaining. Easy, no? As for mistakes in the past, I don't know them, and am not planning on digging up old and rotten cows. This situation can easaly be resolved, an update with a rule file and there you go. I do like to know what was understood by cheating, but if among the ways is obtaining items from stores wich you didn't pay for and wich no one gave you, that's even worse than cheating...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-04-29 15:25:11

And taking Swamp as example: even though there were a lot of rules when it was still free, people either didn't read them or said f... and cheated anyway. So, Swamp became payed because of the lag of normal behaviour, and so stw folows suit.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-04-29 15:37:42

I never said a rules file would solve everything. It won't. However it does provide some explonations as to what is going on, and what's considered cheating. What is this process of dooplicating items? If you mean dropping items on the ground after you've baught them for instants, that either should be in the games code, or explained in a rules file. Don't get me rong. I believe in common sence, but unfortunitly in this day and age, not everyone has it. In fact my best friend would intentionally exploit loopholes on dmnb when I ran it as his way of teaching me that you either have to tell people what's not ok, or you need to put a limit in the games coding. As for cash grab, that's simpply my opinion. I am in no way here to tell sam that he has to stop charging for his game. I am here however to tell him why people are possibly complaining and to note the flaws that should be fixt before he seriously goes into the process of making the game payed. @everyone else Differ with me if you wish, I won't stop you. But just remember. If you have the right to state your opinion about sam being a nice dev and how he's simpply trying to prevent cheating, than everyone else here also has the right to contribute their opinions about why they think it shouldn't be payed or the various problems involved that might factor into the current situation, people telling them to stop complaining isn't going to make the situation better.

2016-04-29 15:49:36

hi all i was in school and couldn't post here Before.
sam, this thing with a limit is not a good idea. Think about it. take some time to relax and Think about why people is cheating and so on.
first. the pk thing will be unfair because say i have 1000 energy and just 100 grenades and i pk someone who have payed. he can have more energy then me and more items. is it fair? is it fair if you want a net you must pay 16 dollars for that. is it fair?
sam if you ask why people is cheating i can tell you why
people are cheating because pop_cans spawn so slow and because they want dfc's. remove those things and no more cheat.
@the rule  Thing. yeh stw needs rule not only for players for admins also
1 time i spammed stw a bit. not so much in the chat but a bit. sam came online and wrote to me to stopp and gave me a warning. when i wrote to him if he could fix a rule file with some rules in stw he wrote back and said, what i Think? i Think you should stoppp spamm.
so i'm angry you limited this so bigg and you is saying you will  limit us from some maps. is it fair for us players? i hate cheaters but what is cheat? if you not have rules for that you can't just limit us Before posting some.
guys some time ago i talked with a hacker on skype. i recorded it when he said he is hacking stw and so on,
if anyone want to hear the recording and want info, just kontakt me in skype @sito4331. sam didn't reply to me on skype so it's ok to chair that i Think
@akkiler why sam should listen? til now i didn't see him listen. just a important thing like spawning in gas he didn't want to change it after much players want it. hmm for me it feels sam didn't listen on us players
i'm not mad on you sam but i need to write it here. you are a greyt developer but you did many mistakes. now i hope you are a man and can lern from them you did today. if you listen on me and all other posts here you will not have cheaters left

now to an other thing
sam how you rank playersw? did you rank them to admins because they help players? i don't Think so with those latest admins. some of your admins are cheating also for shure. give ranks to those are trying helping you and this game please

2016-04-29 16:36:43

Scratch scratch... Scratch scratch...

The fact that things spawn slowly or not at all doesn't give you the right by any means to obtain them in a manner that is not typical game play, no matter how badly you want it. That's just the way common sence works like that. This in practice means that if I want a ps4, I should go to a store and just grab one? I don't really think so.
A rules file should be included anyhow, and if not for resolving these opinions, at least for grounds of accusation or the falsehood thereof. As for removing items: nope, that would be too easy. I'd rather vote for making them obtainable some way or another, or leave them buyable only with the understanding that people who have them in their posession can not pk people who don't. But as was said: take a breather and come back to it later. As for admins: if one of them is cheating, revoke rank and that's it ...
Another hint for the future: either a private beta team , or a period of time to accept the new change before it goes in effect, so that people can get themselves prepared ...

As for spamming and stuff: who are players to say devs what they should do or not, having an opinion that things should be included is one thing, saying someone should do something is entirely something else. In short, you shouldn't spam in the first place, and if you do, don't go waving with things a dev should do... but that's just my way of thinking. All things concidered, maybe the timeing of the new system was off, maybe a period of adaptability was in order, but that doesn't mean I'm not behind the rule. I had a feeling a long while back that it might end up like this, and am not mistaken ... It's sad that things went this way, but once again, shout at the cheaters in the first place because they are the reason why it happened in the first place. I'm pritty sure that if it were only for a bit too much fish, and so on, it wouldn't even be such a bother, so it has to be something that really worked against the development of stw in the first place.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-04-29 17:26:17

If something is possible in a game, and no rules exist to stop someone from doing it, it's going to be done. That's called human nature. It's certainly not the players' fault that a game developer, (whether or not it is by mistake is completely irrelevant), either didn't know how to or couldn't be bothered to put in all the work necessary to fully prepare their game. Mistakes=consequences, in the real world anyway. See, I find it funny how Sam said, he was going to write up a rules file long ago, but never did, but now is considering getting money for this... no. How about back up and do what you said you were going to do originally. It's called being responsible.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2016-04-29 18:10:53

Ok guys, translators should be paid too, over 250 bucks! smile

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2016-04-29 19:13:09

So many things to say about... Emm, I don't mind that stw is payed, and I even like this limit, we've got something to do.. But, maps limit, less gifts per day... I like this game for sounds which are there, for some maps, so if I will not be able to visit them, why should I play then? And Sam, if you made than noone can drop teleports and dfcs, why you can't do that noone could give them to others? Eg, if I bought some dfc, I can keep it only for my self, and wouldn't be able to give them to others, it could help a lot.
About the rules: lol, since this game exists, the rules are just on work, and, in our minds big_smile   I know not so many audio games, but this is the only one what still has no rules in. Ok, someone here said that rules aren't so important for cheaters, but, you know, if there are no rules, they couldn't even being called a cheater, because... Who said that we can't cheat, only admin? Ok, show me the document where this rule is, I don't wanna believe just in words. That's, people would say, and for them is not also important, that others saying to them it is not allowed. Now, I am not saying that rules can stop cheaters, I just wanna say, that the document could help the admins and dev to give an explanation to those, cheaters. And if they will not understand, it's already another thing what dev and admins have look for.
And, just maybe in the future, I'd like to have this game in offline mode. Yes, I haven't enough money to buy it, and even I'd have I wouldn't. I am very, very sorry for saying that, but: so big difference between payed and free accounts here.  Nice thing will happen, if someone will cheat, all people which have free accounts, would be purged.
Excuse me, just for this a few suggestions... I know you Sam did a lot to get those cheaters, and sorry to hear that you decided this currant variant as the best one, but, it's understandable, anyway. And, you have your real life ok, but, just try to listen the people, and catch the senseful messages in the game and skype, not only about "when will be the next update" and etc. Heh, it's not my business but, look at your admins team.

Wish everything will be fine,, at some point I hope the game could be like before it was.   And of corse, sorry for my english big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2016-04-29 19:24:41

Hello, let me say that this thing was unfare at the beginning of the item store business, and now this is completely, totally unfare. This is a complete persecution.
Firstly, when this item store business began, money used to talk. Were you about to die? Bang! teleport. Were you stuck? Bang! Teleport. Oh, I forgot, you couldn't die in the first place! You had death cards! Did your health reach 0? Boom, there you are, respawned, with all of your items! The poor guy over there is trying to kill you over and over again, but you respawn yet again. Did that poor guy waste your energy with his awesome skills? No problem at all! Use 20cans of pop once, there you go, you have 10000 energy! Let that poor guy feel his poorness! And now, as I have said, this is completely and totaly unfare. Now you won't even be able to go to those areas you were stuck in before. Well done, a very good job, go on. Make that game completely payware so noone can complain. Either white, or black. There should be no grey. because there can't be, everything you do is unfare for  a side.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-04-29 19:39:12 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2016-04-29 19:50:16)

Well, then I have another idea that some of you might like:
If stw should stay paid, I suggest that insted of buying a paid account for it, you can buy anything from the store eg teleporters, death free cards, gifts etc, and your account directly turns into premium as a result. this way you'll hit two birds with one stone. you'll get rid of that price problem people were talking about. On the other hand, the cheaters case will remain as it is now. But that can't be done if the price thing is important for you Sam, meaning that the issue here is a price issue, not a paying one. That's if so, it's your choice.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-04-29 19:42:38

Hello,
@Mohammad:
I don't think so. Either make it completely payed, or completely free. If you keep the store system but make the game free again, there are going to be hackers, but more importantly, the guys who can't pay are going to struggle, thus making the game play unfare. We spend our hours trying to buy item x, but those guys are teleporting it, picking it up, teleporting back. You're right, we can use are money, too, but what if we don't have credit card? What if, as others have said, PayPal is banned?

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-04-29 19:57:18 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2016-04-29 20:00:30)

Burak, I didn't mean that the game should return to what it was in the past. My suggestion inshort was to unlock the game's feature by buying any upgrade from the store, not by buying it as a premium account itself, which means that the game will remain with limits, and with your buying process of anything from the store, those limits vanish and the game returns into normal as it is premium now.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2016-04-29 19:58:41 (edited by burak 2016-04-29 19:59:12)

Oh, I know, but that would decrease the amount of players. Your suggestion makes sence though.

2016-04-29 20:11:03

Well Burak, I'm saying this as one of who are facing the truth now. Sam won't change what is he currently doing, I was against the whole thing from the begining. But what, just trying to ease it with those mentioned above suggestions.

Kind regards!

2016-04-29 21:12:26

Wow Muhammad, it's a good one, maybe it could help though. @ Burak I agree with you, but just something will add to your words... Sam can make this game being payed, it's not so bad in fact, but, if there is so big difference between people who can pay and who can not, it's not going to be a good one. So that's why I would be glad if there would be an offline mode with less amound of functions, maps, and items of corse. And noone cancelling the donation.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.