2016-04-26 04:18:14

Hello Everyone.
I was wondering if you would please pray for me and my family. I don't want to get into details here but I'll just say my brother is a troublemaker and he's causing problems in our family. There's a lot of fighting. I have problems with anxiety and depression and his troublemaking is causing me a lot of anxiety and causing me to be depressed.
If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer that me and my family will be okay and for strength for me in this hard time I'd really appreciate it. I'm a christian myself but I don't care if your christian, catholic, mrmon, buddhist, whether your religious or not just please pray for my family. And if you would like me to return the favor someday I'd be happy too.
Basically hanging out on this forum and talking to people is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-04-26 10:27:06

Sorry to hear that Guitarman, hope things work out better, depression isn't fun. I've not been exactly sure on the hole praying thing, it's something my lady does though so we'll try it.

Though Fyi, if someone is a catholic they are! most certainly a christian, no more than being a baptist or a lutheran means a person isn't a christian, same god and beliefs about Jesus, just historically different practices in worship and some differences in the interpretation of the eucharist.

Glad this forum is proving helpful. Actually, puzzle games and games without much emotional content can be really useful at combating anxiety because they use different parts of the brain. Perhaps try something very mathematical or resource management style, or else a spacial logic game if that is your thing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-04-26 12:42:24

As Dark said, Christianity encompasses Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Anglicanism, Nontrinitarianism and other forms of Christianity. Mormonism is actually a form of Nontrinitarianism. Then there are other religions such as Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. All the same, I hope for the best for you and your family.

On another topic, is it just with this forum that some people often come asking for support in their struggles, or can this be observed on other Internet-based forums? And why do they prefer to come here rather than going to a doctor, mixing with their church group, etc?

2016-04-26 14:56:59

Well, I can't say as that I've been close to God in my life, but I tried anyway for you, hope things improve for you

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-04-26 15:26:44

Well, I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation, Guitarman. Hope everything is going to be fine soon.

2016-04-26 17:39:54

Agree with all above following posts, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Hope all will be good in your family, guitarman.

2016-04-26 18:37:29

Hello,
My thoughts are with you and your family.
As to why people come here, perhaps it's because a lot of us are also blind so people feel more comfortable sharing things with their fellow blind community members. It's definitely an interesting observation.

2016-04-26 20:11:57

Sorry to hear that. God help you. I wish everything gos well with you and your family.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-04-26 20:40:54

Hi.
Thank you all for the support. It's a big relief to me.
@Tjt1234, you know that's an interesting question. I guess it's because people are so nice here. Not all but I'd say about 98% are easy to talk too and to relate too. I've reached out to people on facebook but I figure it would help to get the word out.
@Dark, interesting I've heard catholicism and others are different forms of christianity I've never actually looked into it. I'll check into this it is interesting and if nothing else it will give me something to do. Thank you for the suggestion about puzzle games I'll get on x-wheel or one of those today.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2016-04-26 22:08:03

Guitarman, me and my family will be praying for you.
I can relate; until recently, my family were constantly fighting, which was causing me to be depressed and anxious.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

God bless you, Guitarman.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-04-27 00:21:47

@Guitarman, the history of the christian church is long and complicated and tends to be full of people saying "well your wearing the wrong hat so we hate you forever!" and other people saying "Hay if we wore those hatswe could make money out of it"

The only thing that is slightly more silly about the disagreements between people of the same religion are the disagreements between people of different religions.

Really is "gods wants us to be nice to each other" so dam difficult? big_smile.

I hope things do get better though. Games are actually pretty good, not competitive ones, but the logic type ones. I'd suggest looking at some of the spoonbill games, or some resource management type ones, anything you can do rather dispassionately.

As to TJT's question about the forum, well firstly I would hope it's as Aaron and you yourself Guitarman have said, that this is a friendly place to discuss things, indeed as admin I'd be a little worried if that weren't the case sinse I'd assume I'd done my job wrong.

Also, I'll note that there is a very helpful distance over the internet which can actually make discussing personal things easier than they are in person, particularly because when writing forum posts you have the time to stop and thinnk about things.

This is why there are so many support forums kicking around for people in various bad situations, recovering from alcohol or drug problems, suffering bereavement, being victims of abuse etc.

The blindness thing might also have an affect for some, though I've heard about several all blind online communities that are apparently anything but friendly, and of course we all do tend to be gamers of one sort or another hwich tends to imply something of a set of similar interests and to a degree similar ways of thinking too.

Either way, I'm always glad when people feel safe enough to discuss personal matters on this forum. Indeed I've actually thought of setting up a room just for that sort of thing, accept that telling which topics should go there and which in just plane offtopic wouldn't be easy, plus of course I wouldn't want people assuming we had some sort of expertees in dealing with personal issues that we don't have.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-04-27 11:47:39

Do sighted people reach out for support on mainstream forums?

2016-04-27 13:57:12

Depends upon the forum and how friendly people are.
Huge spammy forums like gamefaqs probably not, however the forum a friend of mine ran as part of her fansite for the rpg  Xenogears had a lot of people discussing personal matters. I even remember a few on the old mega man network site forums, though less so on there as it was a very big forum.

I remember some instances of discussing life and personal matters back on the Sryth forums when I used to play in early 2005 or so.

Then of course as I said there are the specifically dedicated forums for various issues like victims of abuse or people who've had partners die or other such issues.

So nope, it's not a blindness thing, it's probably just a friendly community thing, whatever that community is dedicated to.

2016-04-27 14:10:59

May Allah accept this plea. I'm a Muslim, but I don't care which religion are you following. We have one God, and I believe in Jesus peace be upon him as a profit in Islam, as Moses and Abraham. Etc. Kindest salutations

2016-04-28 02:07:11

will pray for you

2016-04-28 07:32:48

Guitarman, my thoughts are with you and your family. may all troubles disappear. as for personal well-being and a relief from dipression, do try meditation, Yoga, that kind of thing.

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2016-04-28 08:53:19

Very off-topic: so Dark, if people do indeed talk about their problems on forums, why do they use forums rather than social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter? What differentiates the two?

2016-04-29 21:53:42

Hello Guitarman,

Don't know exactly how old the topic is, but I will pray for you and hope all would be good finally!

gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2016-04-30 03:26:12

Hi everyone.
Well here's an update things are a little bit better. The fighting has stopped for a couple of days and it's been peaceful. But today there was a little bit of an argument. You will probably laugh it's so stupid. He was mad because we went and got fast food and apparently his burger had lettuce and onions which he doesn't like. So he made a big deal about it then when mom told him to calm down he mumbled something about how we're all liars. That was unpleasant but praise the lord! it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Things have been going great for the past few days and I just wanted to thank everyone who said a prayer or whatever they did from the bottom of my heart. You have helped me out so much and I can never repay you but I will be giving you all thumbs up. It's the least I can do for now. If you would, I would ask you to keep up prayers for me and my family because living with my unpredictable brother is a struggle for all of us. Also if you wouldn't mind slip in a prayer for my brother himself. Personally I think there's no helping him but do it or not it's okay. Praying for him is not that important to me. He's been mild the past couple days and I strongly believe the lord is helping us. I'm speaking from personal knowledge your prayers are really helping us all.
Thanks Again.

Guitarman.

2016-04-30 05:23:35

This is very good to hear. I hope for the best for your whole family, including your brother, who needs the most help at the moment in my opinion. Remember that if things do become stressful for you, it is okay to seek out medical help for yourself and your brother if you think that it may help.

2016-04-30 17:44:23

Hi, may the best things be with you sad and, what do you mean by unpredictible?

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2016-04-30 20:32:12

Hi guitarman.
The love and faithfulness of God is always something we can depend on. I agree with the others, your brother is in need of prayers as well. I will continue praying for you and your family.
God bless, and may all things work together for good in your life.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-05-01 01:13:32

@Guitarman, Glad things are working out better, and I hope your brother is able to either sort whatever problem he has out himself or be able to seak help to do so.

@Tjt, people do! use facebook at least for personal things, but with it being so much more public and so much easier to link random posts to ones that have nothing to do with yours, I don't think it's quite as easy to make sure your conversation stays within the community you want it to and other less savory characters don't chime in, heck we've all heard stories of the facebook trolls.

I also confess I don't like facebook myself sinse I didn't like the way that you basically get bombarded with lots of "Jo has just had his breakfast", or "Do you know Jane Tompson" type of messages all over the place. Okay perhaps if you can see and skim read to what you want, but last I tried with supernova a right painus in the anus though admitedly that was quite some time ago.

In general I confess I'm not a big social media fan, but then again I'm not exactly a sociable person either, I enjoy this forum and a couple of game related mailing lists and have friends I keep in touch with by phone and that's enough for me.

2016-05-01 08:24:13

Guitarman,
I am just now seeing this, but I will certainly keep your family in my prayers. Asking the peace of Jesus for you concerning your depression, strength for your parents, and help and answers for your brother.

To answer the question about whether sighted people seek help in forums, they certainly do. I think the response they get depends on the forum, but people seek to connect in whatever ways they can, whether it is with people they know on social media, or with the help of strangers in forums.

2016-05-05 16:05:06

If you had skype, I could cal you and we could talk this out. Now I am a Christion, and I take yoga classes. If you want to take some, you can find some yoga classes online, and also I will pray for oyou as much as I can. What is your skype nae?