2009-01-20 18:12:05

Unfortunately, we've got a bit of a backlog of news to report, which has built up into a huge great flood over the past couple of weeks. So now, we're metaphorically bursting the metaphorical damb, and letting that metaphorical flood rush out to completely destroy and devastate the town of metaphoreton, metaphorically drowning lots of metaphorical people and causing a major metaphorical desaster! ---- hmmm, methinks this metaphore has gone too far.

Anyway, first up on the list is the new and hot off the press issue of Audeasy 54, the only magazine in the entire length and breadth of the internet devoted purely to games with no added eyeballs. Highlights of this issue include various reviews and announcements, another tale of high adventure from Phil Vlasac, and (also from phil), the first chapter in the tale of a young lady who somehow finds herself wandering all the way from Salem into a castle, ---- a castle ful of witchcraft and wizardry perhaps?
Thanks to the kind hosting of Kelly Sapergia, the issue may be Found here

Then, despite some site issues, Ian Humphries is stil spooning out the games, right now a brand spanking new version of his first ever title Bg cribbage, see index New features include various modes of having your hand scored and the ability to change verbosity of the voice, pluss a help file and keys similar to those found in other Bg games. As with all Bg titles, just send an E-mail to [email protected] and request a copy directly from Ian.

Then, if people have been kicking around the forums lately they'll know that we have a new developer in our midst, QuentinC from France. His first two titles, a nastily addictive game Fast2 type see index and Connect 4 a computerized varient of the traditional strategical board game are ready and waiting for your downloading pleasure.

Also newly added to the database is an offering from long standing forumite harrielst, now adopting the title of Vbs games and getting into the developement business. This is a very international version of the classic chance based board game Snakes and ladders see index sometimes also known as Shoots and ladders. The game can currently be played in English, Japanese or chinese, with other languages to follow.

Now after all that i'd better go and call the metaphorical ambulence crew, --- and reassure the people of metaphore that hopefully no more floods of newsage will occur in the future, ---- lucky I'm a good lyer, even a metaphorical one!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-01-20 18:23:58

I wrote snakes and ladders. I am not holdon. I'm Harrison.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2009-01-20 19:47:18

oooopse!

I'm really sorry! too much news, too many h's and not enough time.

Fixed now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)