2016-03-07 01:21:24

Wow. This is very sad to hear.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2016-03-07 01:43:22

Yup, and as has been said before way too young.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-03-08 18:01:40

Hello.

That is really sad message. I didn't him personally, but his games were great.

Vojta.

2016-03-09 18:23:05

Can't say I knew him too well outside this forum, but I liked what I found here. This is indeed very sad and I can only agree, 38 is way too Young.
Rest in Peace, Ward...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2016-03-12 16:34:16

Hi this is very sad to hear I used to play all of the mota betas that he made and I still have the beta 22 and the other monti betas.  38 is to yung as I'm 37 and a guitarist my selph.  I remember that post when he played through mota beta 16 and he played some rock music in the background.  Sometimes I would ask him for help when I would play the betas and he always seemed friendly and we shared sound effects together.

2016-03-14 04:01:05

Yup. He and I used to get into long FB discussions about rock music and the inconsistencies and absurdities of religion on a regular basis.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-03-14 04:01:06

Yup. He and I used to get into long FB discussions about rock music and the inconsistencies and absurdities of religion on a regular basis.

2016-03-19 19:29:55

Hey,
I didn't know him personally as well and I think I didn't played any games from him, but I always respected him and his status...
Hope he rests in peace
gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2016-03-20 14:17:47

If you ever played Star Trek: Final Conflict or any of the beta releases of Mysteries of the Ancients, which we generally referred to as MOTA, those were Thomas' work. Unfortunately he obviously won't be able to finish MOTA or the new Star Trek title he wanted to write.

2016-03-21 03:12:16

Ward, you will be greatly missed. I went ahead and posted this on the developers list at USA Games. Ward was a great mentor, often explaining programming concepts to me that I was finding hard to grasp.
He was also the person I would talk to about Linux and when ever I consider developing apps and whatnot cross-platform, he is the first one I think of when I wish to get something tested on Linux.
I never had any arguments with him that I can remember and he was also very active in some of the discussions we would have on how to do certain things when making games or apps.

Does anyone know what will happen to the USA Games email lists?

2017-05-05 23:36:56

Hi.
Well sorry for bringing back an old topic but I just found out about this today. Rip Thomas Ward!
I didn't know him very well, but we talked a few times about star trek, and one time got into discussing action figures. He had mentioned to me that he had a whole bunch of action figures from the seventies and eighties which was really cool. I wish I had known him better he was a great developer.
It sounds like he had his share of problems but don't we all.

I played tomb hunter a lot, in fact I remember checking the site every week to see if there was a new beta of tomb hunter posted. Final conflict was awesome too I used to play that one for hours. I wish I had held onto those games.
I didn't know he was a guitarist, that's very interesting.
It feels like we're losing great developers Jim Kitchen and now Thomas Ward. I'm starting to realize how short life is. I really need to start making games before it's too late for me too.
I was very sad to see that his website is gone and they want crazy prices to sell it. I think it would be good to keep his site up  to honor his memory. Whatever company owns the site and took it down are heartless.
Well goodbye Thomas Ward you will definitely be missed!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order