2016-02-21 09:32:07

Ah ok. Gotcha. Medium survival is giving me a bit of trouble. Having a hard time finishing it! hahaha.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-02-21 13:02:40

Just curiously, how much success have people had with doing OCR on menus? I'm guessing that's how most of you find these things out. I currently don't have a computer powerful enough to play it (at least I don't think so) until I fix my desktop. Sad times.

2016-02-21 17:57:25

OCR works to an extent on a big screen TV... but it doesn't present all the information properly, just gives you the text it sees... but it's good enough to give a general layout.

by the way, has anyoen tried playing with the option in sound settings that says turn player related information on or off? Wonder what that is... and if it's not a complete feature yet as right now it seems to do nothing.

2016-02-21 21:11:58

Player data option.
When that is turned on, and you're in Versus mode, it will let you know how many wins a player has. Like, if you won a match, and you're at the screen to either return to the main menu, rematch, or change characters, the same voice will notify you that you have won a match.
It probably gives you other information but, that's the only one I've heard so far.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-02-22 03:32:18

OK, sorry about the misnomer. hahaha. didn't remember what the actual option was called. I haven't played a vs. match yet, only been doing survival mode and story prologues.

2016-02-22 04:28:38

Na, you're good. Always glad to help in any way that I can.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-02-23 02:04:57

what is OCR? and af you were right, they do have the different sounds for meter and what not, I just cant tell what is what

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-02-23 07:04:11 (edited by Kong 2016-02-23 07:05:07)

@smoothgunner:
OCR, Optical Character recognition is a way to translate images of typewritten text into machine-editable text. NVDA and Jaws both have this ability. It will try to translate what it sees on the screen, and speak it out to you.
To get use to the different sounds, may i suggest that you go to training mode, and play there for a bit? Try doing a critical art, and listen as the meter rebuilds. Also, use your V-Trigger, and hear what sound it makes, as that meter builds back up as well.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-02-23 14:12:03

hmmmm good idea deng on figuring out what sounds are what.....next this ocr thing is new to me so question, if someone sends me a screenshot, and it is a screenshot with text, are you telling me that this ocr feature will try and read the text?

2016-02-23 18:53:31

SG, exactly. It doesn't even have to be someone's screenshot. I use OCR on some programs that seems to have a blank screen as well, and it works for that.
Some people use OCR to help read their steam window on PC, and that is how they use Steam.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-02-24 02:50:35

wow man I never knew about this feature, ok so do I have to download or activate a setting for jaws? I want to test this asap

2016-02-24 02:59:55

Ken

Ken's Back + MP, HP target combo plays a big roll in the combos I do with him. Here are four examples that rely on it:

• Jump in HK, LP, Back + MP, HP, hold V Skill.
    This combo's probably not that damaging. It's more to illustrate that his target combo is very cancelable after HP, with the V Skill as an option.

• Jump in HK, Down + MP, Back + MP, HP, DP + Any Punch.
    The version I show in the audio uses two punch buttons to enhance the move, but if you're trying to conserve meter, a standard shoryuken is perfectly fine after the target combo. This becomes much more damaging with V Trigger active.

• Jump in HK, Down + MP, Back + MP, HP, QCB + Any Kick.
    As with the shoryuken version, any version of the hurricane kick should work here, with stronger kicks and the Ex version dealing more damage.

• Jump in HK, Down + MP, Back + MP, HP, QCF + Any Punch, QCF X2 + Any Kick.
    Done here to demonstrate super cancel, I choose the hadouken, but the combo is perfectly super-cancelable from a shoryuken, and that option is probably more damaging (particularly with V Trigger active).

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-24 03:26:59

@SG, i'm not a jaws user so, i wouldn't be able to help you out with that one. I'm sorry.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-02-24 12:05:26

Hello
how you can use the OCR NVDA?
I have installed OCR addon.
king regards.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-02-24 14:51:24

thx for the ken combos, I already knew about the B+MP-HP......I rarely use that combo seeing that for me I have to double tap the HP for the combo to even come out, so I mainly use his other target combo MK-HK-hurricane kick.....devs said combos were going to be easier on here, that we would have a bigger window to perform the links, instead of one frame links it would be 3frames but sorry I don't see the difference from sf4 in that department, combos are still based on timing and can be easily dropped

2016-02-24 14:56:00

here is a detailed guide for carin.......the guy explains all her moves and frame data step by step, you guys may want to subscribe to his channel in general.....he has guides and detailed combos for most fighters like KI MKX injustice and now SFV

http://youtu.be/tQbwzVy9olQ

2016-02-24 23:46:21

question fighters, how do I use my ps3 stick on sfv? heard it was possible

2016-02-25 00:19:44

Ladies and gentleman, my Fighter ID is Xvordan.
Invite me to a battle lounge some time! Lets play!

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-25 00:54:54

Would love to invite you... just as soon as I figure out how! lol

2016-02-25 01:22:22

drop your psn name, we would definitely have to be communicating through a party to do this, it is not an easy task to do like mkx

2016-02-25 01:58:01

Both Xoren and I have SFV for the PC. There's no real way for communicating. The game has cross play though.
There is a way to connect the PS3 fightstick to the PS4 but, you will need a PS4 controller to do it. I don't know all the details because, I personally do not own a PS4. You will just have to search up on how to do that.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-02-25 07:58:59

Going to try and figure out how to invite fighter IDS or use the CFN to add rivals to my favorites. I'd rather use fight ID's because then it guarantees crossplay and game progress. I'd actually prefer to wait for lobbies to come out... then we can all play and chat on something like teamtalk while we duke it out. But I am definitely not going to hold up well, judging from what I've seen. lol

2016-02-25 15:38:23

If you can get to battle lounge, and assuming the ps4 version isn't too different:
X to select create a lounge.
Down three times then right to turn on free character select.
Down twice then right to set the lounge to private.
Down four times, then press X.

You should hear SFV's default menu item activation sound, followed by a switching laser type sound. If you do, you've just created a battle lounge.
Press Triangle to access the Player menu. Press X to click on Invite, then press Triangle to enter their Fighter ID.
I don't know how you guys do character entry on PS4, so I'll be useless for that step, but once you get that done, it'll ask you if you really want to invite bla bla bla into the lounge. X for yes, no is to the right.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-25 18:13:00

That's the way it works on pc right I'm guessing. I'll give it a go and see what it looks like if I have a moment this weekend. thanks for the tip Zoren! Definitely not so complicated... though I'm waiting for the update that gives us multiple player lounges instead of just two player lobbies.

2016-02-26 18:51:13

Karin
  • Jump in HK

• Crouching MP

• Standing MP

• V Trigger

• Standing HP

• QCF + MK, Any P

• QCF + Any P, D + P, D + P (needs to be slightly delayed so she catches the opponent at the right arc for both hits of the initial rekka

• QCF X2 + P (remember to switch your inputs, since you've crossed over with the rekka)

Spill chuck you spots!