2015-10-05 10:09:02

Hi.
Rockband 4 sounds interesting. I have Rockband 1, 2 and Greenday for ps3, and kind of lost the interest for the games for very long time. The new Rockband guitars which got released then RB2 came, got never released here in my country. So I still have those old guitars and the old droms, and i wanted the newer guitars so badly... I don't feel like buying the very expensive and pro guitars and droms, and it seems like the newer guitars still never got to the country.
It might only be me who feels like this, but right now I don't feel like buying the new guitars and droms if they come to my country. It would be nice if the instruments could be played from the consoles controller instead, or if a small piano style keyboard was released. I'm not sure on why, but I don't wanna buy a guitar just to play RB4. Maybe if a really cool guitar got released, but I would like to use the controller like in the small RB game which I don't remember what's called, which is released for ps3.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-10-06 00:01:23

I don't think I asked this before, but what is your favourite song in RB4 (wasn't going to include DLC) but if you guys want to mention DLC, feel free.

In terms of on disk, I'd say Hail to the King, Impression that I Get, Light Up the Night  - there's probably a couple of other's I'm forgetting at this point.  We'll see what other strange ones turn out to be gems.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-10-06 16:19:35

I know this makes it a double post, just wanted to let you all know that I've received my guitar and software bundle now and have already put my guitar together myself.  It's kind of accross between the beatles unit and the RB1 original, so I'm glad of that combination having owned both.

Moreover, no screwdrivers required this time around!  Time was, if memory serves, that you couldn't get the RB1 guitar's batteries out and replace them yourself with the aid of a screwdriver.  I believe Beatles changed this up but I can't be sure, but now Rock Band 4 definitely has with a simple clip pannel at the back of the instrument.

As I find things, I@ll let you know, feel free to ask questions and I'll answer what I can.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-06 20:20:29

remember that auto check for DLC I was talking about. It's not actually a thing any more. You have to find the stuff you've already baught through the store and get it that way. urgh. It's gonna be a long night for me.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-10-06 22:43:43

Hello,
I haven't got the game yet but have been, to use a phrase, keeping tabs on it, listening on YouTube and such. I really like the song called the warrior, and wow, they really braught back crowd vocals in a good way. The crowd, well, sometimes don't sing the regular parts, shall we say, there's some really cool uses of this mechanic this time.
Now, for some criticisms of the day one release: I just hope they will add in practice mode eventually. Not only because it helps learn songs, but removing that mode also has removed another feature that was useful in the past for new players: tutorials for the main mechanics of the game. So, I've already seen videos where people don't know what overdrive is, where people don't know how to save bandmates if they fail out. While this stuff can be found online, I also think in-game tutorials are important for immersion purposes.

2015-10-07 00:00:19

Everything's set up and working now and I must say I'm pleased thus far.  Practice mode doesn't feel like that much of a problem at the moment, though it might do later.

The guitar doesn't need a receiver, it connects by turning it on with the ps/xbox button, then pressing the console's "open itself up to new pairing" button (the Xbox certainly has one).  This then allows the guitar to open a connection, in a manner of speaking by pressing the connect button on the guitar (where an amp would plug in if it was a real strat).

I'll write more on this when I have time, but once you've tweaked the audio it sounds better than you actually think it can IMHO.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-07 05:30:59

so did they make gameplay assessable in this one? or is there a website that tells u the notes for the songs? I know back in the early guitar hero days there were a couple forums up that told you what notes to press for every song and difficulty

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-10-07 11:19:44

Wow. Please keep us posted. I look forward to hear more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-10-07 12:59:11

Hello,
I didn't know there were websites that had song charts on them. I'm wondering if they might have slowly phased out of popularity or something, which is a little odd as it sounds like an interesting concept.

2015-10-07 14:45:05

I would be happy to host a chart page somewhere, although I'd have to think about how to structure it - I'd use the numbers format of 1 2 3 4 and 5 for green, red, yellow, blue and orange frets, but what to do about song structure vs fret patterns?  (I.E. do you write a song fully as individual frets, or do you do it as verse/chorus etc and what if songs don't have those?)
I can make a separate topic to discuss this if it becomes needed.

For those of you who want to know more, what do you want to know?  It'll probably help if you have more specific questions.

I'm not saying I can answer everything but if I can't, go on the Harmonix forums and ask.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-07 16:01:08

I'm hearing quite a lot of reports about microphone lag happening. Can microphone calibration fix this or will we have to wait for clarification from Harmonix?

2015-10-07 16:27:04 (edited by smoothgunner 2015-10-07 16:32:09)

yes, the note charts were posted on a forum for the guitar hero games back in its early stages, this is before the total band bundle came along, and back when u could play gh with a controller. they were listed as colors, u had to figure out when to play them because it was listed something like this

green, green , red, hold blue, green, green, red, yellow blue combo (cord), green, green red etc

this was very helpful just very time consuming, I spent hours in practice mode, following the charts, I would pause the game grab my laptop and read a couple notes from the chart with jaws, unpause the game and practice the pattern, pause again, and memorize some more notes.

I know most blind rb and gh players has the gift to just play the notes by ear, unfortunately I had to do it the hard way lol I guess that's why I lost interest in the rock games after a year or so

2015-10-08 13:57:08

Does anyone know the full list of options available in the options menu?

2015-10-09 09:22:56

@ianhamilton_
Unfortunately I don't yet, but I can try and get those for you - I don't believe they change based on instrument either.  What would you specifically be looking for if anything?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-09 11:47:18

Hello,
@sightless and ian: there are the instrument based options menus again, and to activate those you pause the song and select options from there. The main options are in the main menu as well, I don't have a list though but I'm just going by what I've heard online.

2015-10-09 23:27:01

Just to let everyone know, the code seems to have worked with my brad new factory sealed copy of RB3 that I got.  Now I just have to wait to see if the songs export into RB4 as intended...

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-10 01:28:30

nice one. I'm still at the convince EA to gimme a code stage. Me and the Girlfriend started the tour mode earlier on. We both preferred the rock band 3 road challenges TBH. The new tour is very text heavy. Unlike rb3, where you could watch your band getting up to all sorts of crazyness

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-10-10 06:28:53

This tour mode does have more story to it, though. it is what RB needed. I wonder if I can scan it with KNFB reader. I created a character at least.

2015-10-10 09:11:52

I've contacted Microsoft to see if any clarification is available regarding the extent of Narrator on Xbox One at launch and for future plans.  If it could be hooked into by developers we wouldn't have to bother with scanning the text or anything tricky like that, we'd just have to let the console do as intended and read.

Getting a code isn't that tricky, but EA's chat system is a bit strange.  Give whatever browsers you have a try with it after creating an account etc, but if one doesn't work just keep trying ones that then eventually connect you at some point all being well.  Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-10-10 19:03:26

did this rock band come with any type of assessability? I know the devs were speaking on it at one point and time

2015-10-14 09:57:54

I'm going to try and post the weekly DLC updates as posted on the Harmonix blog on here as well, just in case anyone misses it.  I know I'm a week late, so let's catch up on the DLC:

New tracks available for download on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on October 6 include:

All That Remains – "Divide"
All That Remains – "What If I Was Nothing"
BABYMETAL – "Gimme Chocolate!!"
Blitz Kids – "Run For Cover"
Bring Me The Horizon – "Throne"
Dead Sara – "Mona Lisa"
Duran Duran – "The Reflex"
Earth, Wind & Fire – "September"
Interpol – "All The Rage Back Home"
Janis Joplin – "Move Over"
Jefferson Starship – "Jane"
Linkin Park ft. Daron Malakian – "Rebellion"
Marilyn Manson – "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles"
Mastodon – "High Road"
My Morning Jacket – "One Big Holiday"
Of Mice & Men – "Would You Still Be There"
Oh Honey – "Sugar, You"
Pantera – "Cowboys From Hell (Live From Monsters In Moscow Festival)"
Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn – "King for a Day"
Seasick Steve – "Summertime Boy"
“Weird Al” Yankovic – "My Own Eyes"
The Wild Feathers – "Backwoods Company"

New tracks available for download on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on October 13 include:

Available now: 
Alabama Shakes - "Don't Wanna Fight"
Breaking Benjamin - "Failure" 
Death From Above 1979 - "Trainwreck 1979"
The Pretty Reckless - "Follow Me Down"

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-02-15 19:43:06

I know this is an old topic. But I got rb4 today and I am liking it! I have migrated from playing guitar hero so I am finding it confusing when to play on the bigger buttons or the smaller buttons. Also, how many buttons does easy use? And, I thought that green would have been the lowest note? I have had a varying amount of success with my notes. Too bad my brother cant really explain to me how it works. I might ask him tomorrow. Really wish there was a practice mode. And, is it possible for us to navigate the rockband store to purchase new songs?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-02-16 18:05:29

I know I haven't updated this topic in a long time (and haven't kept up with the DLC tracking, as it were, but that's because personally, a lot of the DLC released after that, bar a few exceptions like the exports, has been lacking in quality (though that is a personal opinion.)

Glad to hear you like RB4, the "bigger" buttons and "smaller" buttons, are normally refered to as top and bottom buttons respectively (makes it sound a little more professional really, thinking about it), you can use either set to play an entire song, switch between them at will, whatever you prefer to do.  Green isn't always the lowest note, DOA by Foo Fighters is a good example, in the first part of the pre-chorus "bet your life their's nothing I can do" you are playing a sustained 2/red note (if I remember the colours and the charting correctly) whilst the guitar track is playing an F power chord, and then you switch to a sustained 1 /green note (after completing a little sequence) about half way through the same set of lyrics and you're playing an f sharp backed chord, thereby disproving the general concensus.

The RB store is not easy to navigate without sighted assistance, so the way I've bought DLC is just to go through Xbox.com or the sony site and get the songs from there.

HTH.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-02-19 23:19:39

I might actually have to buy this one, for the soul purpose of playing Metropolis. Bu it would be cool if Rockband had a srum-only mode for the game, as it was in GH. Just my two cents.

2016-02-20 13:45:01

Hello,
There is a drum only mode if you buy the band in a box. YOu can play any instrument solo if you want.