2016-02-09 05:51:37

Hello,
Is the site in trouble?
Since the new year I've noticed that the forums have gone down -- for several days to a week -- on two separate occasions. CloudFlare reports that it received an HTTP error 502.
Maybe it's not my place to say this, but you should probably be considering a hosting move.
Regards,

-Trajectory.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2016-02-09 07:50:29

I've noticed the forum go down before, but I don't remember it going down for more than five minutes since the new year.
Maybe Cloud Flare is having issue with seemingly random users for unknown reasons? It did seem to be snagging a bit a few weeks ago.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-02-09 09:49:27

Yeah, can't say I've noticed. My scripts (which ping the forum every now and then) occasionally report problems, but not for long.

I think @CAE_Jones has it about right: it's probably an intermittent, possibly localised issue. I'll keep an ear out.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-02-09 19:51:19

I have to agree here. I visit the forum at least once per day, usually several times per day. I have yet to see it down since the beginning of the year.

2016-02-09 20:03:44

Hello,
I've actually noticed this issue with other sites using cloud-based hosting and services, and I'm not entirely sure why this could be. At one point there was a site called doctor who tv which is a fansite that reports news and such, and it kept randomly going down and was also using a cloud service.

2016-02-09 21:35:40

Okay, so maybe this is an issue with a hop somewhere between your server, Cloudflare and me. If this happens again I can try connecting via a proxy and let you know if I can connect. The site just recently came back up for me (in the last few days) and it was out for about a week.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2016-02-12 11:53:45

Is it just the forum, specifically, or are you seeing this with the main site?

Just myself, as usual.

2016-02-12 23:31:08

It's just the forum. The home page loads fine. Click forum, it waits about 30 seconds and times out with a cloudflare error.