2008-12-02 00:43:23

I wasn't to sure what to call this topic, but here is the info I'm looking for. I would like to know what yall, for the most part, use most of the time and why, like IM, irc or go online to some public chat room? Weight a min, IRC is basicly the  main protocall used for online chatrooms aint it? I like to use an IM cliant just because I can control who can recieve the messages I send and control who can send me messages. This is good for me, because I can just add only those I know to my aprove list if I want.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-12-02 00:56:42

I myself just meet people on forums for sites of topics of mutual interest, for example the doctor who encyclopedia forum or the arborell gamebooks forum, not to mention on Nationstates.

On a few occasions I've exchanged skype details with people, and on exactly two occasions, phone numbers (though bare in mind that was with people I'd known for about a year).

I really don't have any desire to use public chat rooms myself, ---- then again, I'm not a particularly extravert person anyway and prefer to contact people in my own time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-12-02 01:24:59

I personally haven't been on public chatrooms, so wouldn't know what goes on in one. Like you I do get on to forms in my interest area, like this one. I give out skype and msn alot more then I give out my phone number and that doesn't happon much. Hmmm, on your own time. guess that would be the best for alot of folk who really want to try everything at once.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-12-02 01:44:17

Not sure what precisely you mean by trying things there Cw.

For the phoning thing, remember that sinse I A, live on my own, B, can phone any Uk land line for free and C, pay my own phone and net connection nbill anyway, me giving out my phone number isn't all that different from voice chatting with people over skype really.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)