2016-02-06 18:12:51

I have a fairly recent Retina MacBook Pro, mid 2014, 2.8 GHz quad-core I7 Haswell, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, in excellent condition, that I am no longer using, for sale to anyone within the UK. I'd like £900 plus postage for it. I bought the MacBook Pro for a specific purpose, which it has now served. It's working flawlessly and would probably make a very enviable starting Mac for anybody who needs one.

If you're interested, or want to share any private details, please mail me, to avoid getting the board implicated in anything. Otherwise, it's not my intention to spam, so feel free to ask general questions about the computer on the thread for everyone's benefit, or just to discuss Macs or MacBooks generally.

Cheers.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-02-06 18:51:25

Hey sebby. I know i'm not in the UK, but i still have a general question, as this thread reminded me. Would i notice much performence difference between my 2015 11 macbook air with i5 and 128 SSD, and a pro retina? I don't use heavy applications, only because i can't think of anything very processor intensive Is there much difference in startup time for example, is web browsing noticeably faster? Just curious, and sorry if i hijacked your thread.

2016-02-06 19:03:31

Hey Arq. No problem about the hijacking: I like talking about Macs. smile And you reminded me of another point which I'll mention. But first ...

Nah, I doubt you'd experience any difference worth talking about while just doing everyday things. In fact, if stamina is the primary objective, then the lower power consumption of a MacBook Air is decidedly favourable. Really the MacBook Pro comes into its own while doing virtualisation, or when running multithreaded or multiprocess applications like encoders. And of course, more memory and CPU cores helps when you are doing more things in parallel, which would now include Safari plug-ins. But nah, really, you'll know when you need a quad-core processor on a Mac.

And I will now add what I should have said at the top: this MacBook Pro is the last model that will run Windows 7, for those that really, really care to keep using that OS until 2020.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-02-16 04:07:42

FYI, the MacBook was sold. Sale closed ( but not the topic smile ).

Just myself, as usual.

2016-02-19 21:35:34

1. Good question, and I don't think there is, except by the cursor method. You'll have to switch to group mode if you want to avoid examining everything in detail by default, but that applies to all objects, not just links. See Web category in VoiceOver Utility.

2. Hmm. Do you have cursor tracking on (VO-Shift-F3)? In VO Utility under Navigation, make sure insertion point, VO cursor and the keyboard focus are all tracking each other. You might also benefit from interacting with the text field prior to moving in it, so VO moves with the caret while you navigate without the VO keys (I'd actually consider this last a bug).

Just myself, as usual.