2016-01-29 01:17:43

Hi all,

I'm a guitar player, and I recently got tired that nothing is accessible using guitar rig 5. So I created JAWS scripts for it. It only allows you to import presets, but it's definitely worth it since there is a place to download a list of them, which contains over 4000 of them sorted by styles in different folders. If anybody's interested let me know.

2016-01-29 03:52:55

I'm interested in it. How does it work? Does it click a certain position so that a brows dialog can be shown?
I created a small hackey solution for loading presets, but it sometimes made Reaper crash. lol

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-01-29 05:03:40

May I have them? I'd be interested in using it for remixing video game songs. It won't be used for the tts preschool album though, but At least I have a use for them.
Could you do similar scripts for other native instruments products, like fm8? fm8 would definatly be used on the album for backing tracks, to make the ones for the dectalk songs sound like they are coming out of the IBM music feature card.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-01-29 17:41:52

I use sonar to use guitar rig as a VST plugin. However my scripts are to access the main interface of the stand alone version of guitar rig, since you need this to scan whenever you add new presets.

2016-01-29 17:53:46

I've never heard of guitar rig. What is it? Also, could someone make an NVDA addon for it?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-01-29 18:33:53

Guitar rig is a software. It's an amplifier for your electric guitar. You plug your guitar preferably to an external sound card and you can use the same effects as you would with a real amp. Again I don't use the stand alone version because it's not accessible. My scripts are only to scan your presets folder so they can be added to the VST version of guitar rig.

2016-01-29 21:26:51 (edited by JimmyDub 2016-01-29 21:30:04)

Where can I download the scripts?

2016-01-30 00:55:40

Are we still at the mercy of only being able to play with the presets, or can we manipulate the interface to adjust settings to create new settings?

Best Regards,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2016-01-30 05:43:26

Can you post the scripts? I can't wait to try this.

2016-01-31 00:30:12

We are still only able to use presets, although the list I got has over 4000 of them so you basically get the sound you want. I will post about it tomorrow when I have more time

2016-01-31 00:35:14

Yeah I have all the presets, I just need the script.

2016-01-31 12:14:56

hola.

No, kidding. Hello. At the guy who asked for fm8, actually teres an hsc for it free. It was made by Steve at vip audio Access... Which is a page i recommend 100%. It has a lot of interesting free hsc sets that can be used with sonar or reaper.

The page its
www.vipaudioaccess.com

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2016-02-01 00:23:13

thanks! I'm going to switch over to jaws and use HSC with FM8, reaper, rea access and the hsc sets. now All I'd need is an HSC set for VOPM and maybe one for chipsounds or chipspeech, then my set would be complete!

-id software, 1995

2016-02-01 05:10:22

I hope We get the script soon. I can't wait to try it.

2016-02-02 02:45:33

Still waiting for this script.

2016-02-02 03:45:47

I used to have HSC scripts for ChipSounds I created, but haven't used them since.

Best Regards,

Luke

2016-02-02 06:15:53

do you still have them? could you maybe recreate them somehow, and maybe for chipspeech or alter-aego as well?

-id software, 1995

2016-02-02 07:21:08

For those who want to make chiptune tracks, I recommend using Magical8bitPlug. It's completely accessible with reaper.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-02-02 17:37:06

ok, guitar rig 5 is installed with sonar and reaper. Just waiting for this awesome script we've been hearing about.

2016-02-02 18:36:24

Okay, read everything carefully.

First, install hotspot clicker
Then download this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40lsbz0ikf70b … g.zip?dl=0

Extract somewhere on your computer.
Copy the folder named "Guitar rig 5" to your personalized settings' folder in your jaws settings. C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu}\PersonalizedSettings
Copy Guitar Rig 5.jkm, Guitar Rig 5.jsb and Guitar Rig 5.JSS to your jaws settings folder
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu

Again, my scripts are not made in any ways to interact with Guitar Rig 5. They're only made to load presets so you can use them using the VST version of the software. The original presets are located in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 5\Sounds

Backup the original presets if you still want to keep them, then after that paste the presets in the sounds folder. Only paste about 120 of them at a time, because there's a limitted amount of presets you can use with sonar and other softwares. After the presets you want to use are copied in the sounds folder, open guitar rig's stand alone version. Use the OCR feature of jaws to exit the audio setup. Once the interface is loaded, press f4 to go in full screen mode, you will know you're in this mode when pressing alt doesn't bring up the menu bar. After that, press control+1 to go to options, then control+2 to click on scan and finally control plus 3 to start the scan. Wait about 2 minutes, it won't give you any notifications but the scan should be complete if you did everything correctly. You can finally load guitar rig using sonar or any VST hosts and the presets you copied will be in the list. If you want to use other presets, just empty the sounds folder, click on guitar rig's stand alone so the library empties itself, and then simply copy the new presets you want to use and then make another scan. I hope this post will help you get started.

2016-02-02 19:08:58

Thank you. Time to give this a test run. I'll record my tests.

2016-02-03 03:14:37

thanks. going to record some tests using music from doom.

-id software, 1995

2016-02-03 03:59:14 (edited by JimmyDub 2016-02-03 04:04:59)

Holy shit. The preset for walk by pantera sounds just like it.
Preset pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq9f1h24g1wmc … 9.rar?dl=0
It's uploading now.
Note: this pack is huge, and has a ton of presets. It might take a couple minutes to download.
Oh Nevermind, only 25mb.

2016-02-03 07:58:15 (edited by leibylucw 2016-02-04 03:05:07)

Is Magical8bitPlug able to record in polyphonic playing?  Chiptunes I believe only allowed monophonic input because it was 8bit.

Edit: That previous line made no sense.  I'm not sure why it would have only allowed monophonic input.

I don't have Sonar anymore, but when I do get it (later this month, actually) I can reinstall the plugin and make scripts if you still like.

Best Regards,

Luke