2016-01-21 03:47:39 (edited by nyanchan 2016-01-21 04:11:10)

Sorry, I had flu and couldn't do anything. I feel much better today, so I'll start working on the project from today.
Edit : Oh, I posted this to the game topic, not the translation one by mistake. Sorry.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-01-21 04:19:12

Hay Yukio. glad you're feeling better.
The flu is not something you want, and shouldn't be taken lightly if you should get it.
Did you see my last post?
If I somehow broke your game, I'm sorry, but I noticed that the chain sword stopped an enemy in its tracks forever, and thought I'd try it on the magical ball.
It worked, and I wouldn't mind making a recording of it if people want it.
Later!

2016-01-21 04:22:47

I sent him an email about that bug, it won't be happening anymore

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-01-21 06:41:06

threeblacknoises, just so you know, bugs can be fixed without releasing a new build of the translation.. those two things aren't related. lol Glad that bug will be fixed soon.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-21 11:31:21

I thought I blocked changing weapons while chaining enemies, but that wasn't working properly. Will fix it in the next software update.

2016-01-21 15:42:36 (edited by threeblacknoises 2016-01-21 15:52:30)

assault_freak, they kind of are, seeing as one can't take advantage of the newly translated stuff without applying the update.
The not being able to change weapons thing does work properly with the snake chain, but; with the chain sword; the bug is most likely that the enemy is just in an infinite stun.
When dealing with other enimies, your weapon can't be changed until you release the sword, but if an enimy can't be harmed by the sword; for some reason; you're then free to move about the field and fight whatever else you want.
You do; however; have to use another weapon to kill anything that was stunned by the sword.
This could be a useful strategy for dealing with sirtain bosses that contain multiple threats, as you could just stop one from moving while you deal with the other threats.
Those were my thoughts until now, and their was never a chain object on the field when an enemy was stunned in this way, so that's why I did what I did.
I figured it was just one of bk3's little secrets.
Someone hinted that an item exists that does 20 percent damage to the ball, but their isn't anything in any of the shops or in the first playthrough that has magical properties; as far as I know.
I figured, with the effort it takes to make the chain sword, combined with the fact that you have to first get to the ball without dying, and it takes about 25 minutes; give or take depending on attack stat, that this was a viable strategy for obtaining the magical ball weapon.
So, can anyone tell me how you're supposed to defeat the magical ball, or what difficulty level I should start on now that I have something like 10,000 attack and defence?
Does anyone also know if it matters what difficulty level you start on; as in; do I still get the bonuses from the earlier difficulty levels if I start on; say; vary hard?
Later!

2016-01-21 16:35:46

Are there any seecret weapons before 21.3?

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2016-01-21 18:07:59

yukio, it's not so much the switching enemies while chaining that's bugged, it's just in the case of something like the ball, it will chain it but won't do damage and won't lock you in place, so you have the chain effect on the ball but not on yourself
I sent you an email about this too a few days ago

2016-01-21 18:40:25

threeblacknoises, the translation dictionary updates are separate from the actual game updates, so I'm not sure what you mean. There can be a new build of the translation without a new software release. and I could see how you could've viewed that particular bug as a secret... and there  actually is an item the does 20% damage to the ball. It's not in any of the shops, or anywhere in the regular part of the game. You have to find it in the actual fight, if memory serves. I actually got really lucky with this bug too, and beat the magical ball this way as well. But that definitely is not the intended tactic. lol

2016-01-21 19:33:17

yeah, the magical pieces are used to build the miracle edge and I didn't even know you could use them to do damage to anything.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-21 20:16:19

Apparently the magical ball is the only thing that they work on. But I've got no idea how that actually works... hammering at it with the magical edge only damaged it by a little, didn't actually drop any pieces of magic. Like I said, I got way lucky... I feel like I cheated the game. lol

2016-01-21 21:00:37 (edited by boy 2016-01-21 21:02:52)

Well, I guess I'll have fun with stunning the magical ball and owning it after school tomorrow! That's if I have the time to make the chain sword and find the magical edge before I get stuck in whatever's happening this weekend. Or, maybe I'll just defeat in the normal way if I can wait and level up that much. I'm only at level 125.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2016-01-21 22:45:45

I know how you get the pieces of magic, but if that's what damages the ball, how? They're collection items. As far as I've been able to see, there are only two ways to damage the ball, both of which involve an edge of some kind. Is there something else you get in that fight? And, an unrelated question, I saw the paper doll in the list of items you can make in 16-4. I thought there was some item that was unlocked or made if you had several thousand of them, but can't remember what that was. Anyone know what that is? Is that even a thing anymore?

2016-01-21 23:17:08

So how do you get the peaces of magic?
Also, I do remember seeing something about the paper dolls on the old topic, but seeing as I was trying to remain unspoiled, I didn't commit it to memory.
Also, it seems that the difficulty setting causes everything to reset each time you change the level, but does that mean that if I complete the game on dxciting, that I can go back to that or normal and not lose my progress?
Also, I notice the wolf level starts at lv 2, so is it better to start on exciting or one of the wolf levels first?
Later!

2016-01-22 00:32:11

edit, not everything is as it seems with those things, big_smile

2016-01-22 01:15:00

It's better to start on exciting if you beat the game on normal for the first time. When it says enemy lv 50, it means the current level of the enemy plus 50 levels. So, the first enemies would be level 51. With the wolf levels, it's multiplication. If your using an english voice, it will probably say something like enemy lv 2? If your using pro talker, it will say enemy lv 2 y or something like that, can't understand exactly what it's saying. Anyway, that means enemy level times 2. So on exciting, the bio control system would be level 150, and the other part of the boss meaning 25-5 the enemies would be level 160. On wolf, the bio control system would be level 200, and the 25-5 boss would be level 220. On the last difficulty level, (legend of I Een), I think all the enemies will be level 100000.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2016-01-22 03:00:18

I don't receive the email from dd. Can you please resend it?

2016-01-22 03:02:32

threeblacknoises, it's supposed to reset. The game warns you every time that no matter what level, if you change your difficulty, your stages will reset. Your stats stay, but you lose all the keys and items required to pass a stage so you're basically beating the game from the start, just with fresh stats and weapons.

2016-01-22 04:12:01

Um, does the clone generator run out? I ask this, because mine doesn't work any more. Every time i try to use it, it just makes a clicking noise like it's empty.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-01-22 04:44:56

I was wondering how you made that thing? I'm still missing lots of cpu and computer stuff. Where do you get those? More grinding on the ufo catcher?

2016-01-22 05:18:39

there is a secret room when you land on stage 18-2. It will constantly drop items until you walk out of the room.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-01-22 06:53:11

assault_freak, if that's the case, then I found another bug.
Once I choose a higher difficulty level, it does ask me a question, and it makes a cool sound when I choose the bottom option before it does in fact send me back to the stage select with only stage 1 sellectible.
The bug happens when I go back to normal.
The game does go back to the older mode, but I still have my progress from the harder mode; EG, all stages aren't complete anymore.
Later!

2016-01-22 07:25:43

I think the dial controls what you get in that room. So, what do I need to set it to? Also, the hyper sniper rifle. The dial determines if that appears in another secret room or if you get something else right? I remember this being explained somewhere on this forum but can't find that either.

2016-01-22 07:29:08

you're not supposed to. Any difficulty level  you choose, even going back to one you've completed, resets the stages so you can't change back in the middle of a playthrough if you're finding it too difficult. So whether you go up or down in difficulty, any time you switch, stages will lock again.

2016-01-22 18:52:18 (edited by threeblacknoises 2016-01-23 03:16:04)

To anyone who wants to know, positions 3 to 6 on the dial in 18-3 will change the landing spot in 18-2 so it drops items you'd find in the UFO catcher minigame.
7 through 9 changes the room so that it drops items you'd find throughout stage 12.
These rooms will have the UFO catcher and city music respectively, and will continuously drop items until you leave through the door at position 33.
I'll update this post with more findings on the dial as I find them.
Later!