2016-01-15 17:22:52

Hi guys, I am very happy to announce that the 3rd map in Victorious's Demon Wars Cycle has finally been completed and is now released to play! It took over 2 years, but the wait was well worth it. Map 3 is a dungeon-crawl-style  RPG where you invade the demon fortress. It contains tons of unique features, new sounds, equippable and expendable items, and more.
Note that when you download the zip file, you will get a complete installation of tactical battle, so extract it somewhere else where it won't interfere with other map packs. The reason for this is that the scripts are finicky, and should not be manipulated unnecessarily. You'll have to unlock the game with your email, but if you have done that before, it will be easy to do again.
And finally, thanks to Victorious, Shadow mamba, Eldrin and Almaric for helping me work on the map pack, and Victorious for creating a great initial premise for the pack!
The link is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213 … 0cycle.zip
enjoy, and let me know what you think about the pack!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-15 18:05:13

I want to  acknowledge KeyWasFull's and Shadow Mamba's role in helping to see this map pack to its completion. Though I came up with the original idea, they were instrumental, and did a lot of work to bring it to completion after I got distracted with other things during the second half of its development.

This is a very long time in the making, and its development required writing dozens of scripts to provide features that we needed to make our skill ideas happen (perhaps most prominently the weather system). This is still a work in progress.

We hope you enjoy this release.

2016-01-17 18:46:38

Wow. Sounds really cool. Do you recommend to complete the previous maps before playing the new one?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-01-17 19:57:52

There's a bug in tactical battle that makes map 2 a bit harder to complete because some of the skills don't work. This bug only affects map 2 and it's still beatable, but you don't need to beat it to play map 3.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2016-01-17 20:17:16

someone needs to do one of these for the demon wars saga. lol Great... will give this a try soon!

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-20 01:01:03

Congratulations on some truly awesome work you guys.  I absolutely love rpgs and am having a blast with this. big_smile

2016-01-29 02:41:17

well done, this is excellent! though i do have one question. been trying to figure out how to extend the storm, but don't seem able to, is it just me, or will i have to change the action require mend for that skill? steps on how to extend the storm will be helpful, thanks:)

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2016-01-29 02:52:44

I think that that ability might actually be broken. I'm really sorry that it doesn't work. The game is  still able to be beaten without it though.

2016-01-29 06:47:19

Sorry, I think it was supposed to be removed. Its definitely beatable without that skill though.

2017-05-09 12:45:55

Hi, I have different question here, could we play game while laying on bed. Here in Australia its winter and I need to play while laying in blanket. I have just check the kas bedding https://www.rushk.com.au/kas and they have article that its not safe to play while laying on bedding!

2017-05-09 17:15:14

Hello people.. For some reazon, the multi player server of tactical battle is ofline.

2017-05-09 17:26:58

hi can someone upload tb with all packs? thanks

2017-05-14 20:19:36

the Dropbox link does not work any more. I can not download this great game. How do I unloc it with my email when I get it?

2017-05-15 01:30:31

Here, use this link.

2017-05-15 22:24:11

The link posted worked. What do I click to start the game? Which file do I open. I can not find the executable file which is  used to launch the game.

2017-05-17 16:09:53

Paste the folder into your map packs folder in the Tactical Battle dev. If you don't have that you can get a copy here.

2017-05-17 19:11:58

Dropbox - 404 - Mozilla Firefox
the link is nothing

2017-05-17 20:02:36

I do not know but I pasted in data for tb and map pacs and I can not find menu.mp3 and after starting an error occurs.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-18 00:23:54 (edited by ShadowMamba 2017-05-18 00:26:09)

Mahdi. did you try this link?

Angel. You unzipped the folder directly to map packs? So in map packs there's the Demon Wars Cycle folder, and when you click that you see damage types, effects, etc? If so it should work, it works just fine when I do it on a second version of TB I've got.
If by error you mean the "cannot find effect" one I fixed that, it seems there were a couple typos in the old zipped version. Just redownload it.

2017-05-19 21:12:18

Hi all, the link I clicked on was a 404 error. Can someone get a link I can click on please? RThanks

2017-05-19 22:00:44

So this is online play?  Kind of confused as to what Tactical Battle is, though I've heard some things about it.  Also, do we have a definite version with all things included?  Seems links are broken.

2017-05-27 22:30:51

I'd just ignore the online for now if I were you. We've got... temporary infrastructure issues let's say.

You can find more info on Tactical Battle here

When we have an actual release of 2.0, there'll be less of a need for these Dropbox links.

2017-05-29 00:19:15

Sounds good. When their''s a full release then and online is working I'll check it out.