2008-11-16 15:08:15

It's that time of the week again. Here's the nasty things we've been doing to the database this time:

Talking maze game: rewrote description.
Blackjack: page and description.
23 bricks: page and description.
Tick Tack Toe (brailesoft): page and description.
Tax man: page and description.
Camel: page and description.
Technoshock: updated description and added link to update patch.
Twilight heroes: page description and links.
Added link and description of use of winkit file to entries of Win Hh, Win Puppy, win spank and Win scunk.
Did the same for Wincon, winlad, Winmast, Winmule, winyaht, Wintruck, winsim and Wincas, pluss rewrote descriptions.
Removed The

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-16 21:14:07

Whew you've been busy.

Edited in my paltry additions like you suggested.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-16 22:05:12

Thanks for adding the pages, everything helps, and i certainly wouldn't have written about mud clients.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-16 22:43:52

Well to me the client you use can be as important as the mud you play. The ability to suppress certain messages, replace them with sounds, or whatever else can make the difference between enjoying a game immensely and quitting in frustration. Miriani and Dark Legacy are two serious examples of this. You can play Miriani without, but combat missions are hideously hard to deal with if you don't replace certain messages with sounds. Dark Legacy on the other hand can just be hideously spammy if you can't suppress some of the more pointless output.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-17 11:56:28

Well, it's good this information is out there and around, sinse as I said, Muds boggle me, ---- and i like the fact you've put a link to the vip mud tutorial on audiogames.net.

Depending upon various factors (including how workable my wireless internet connection is), i might well try Vip mud this weekend, sinse my parents are coming to stay and will be using my living room where my desktop is, thus meaning I'll probably use my laptop, ----- though of course, i'll have to get the wireless bit of my net connection fixed first which might be quite a task.

Also because of this, I'm not sure how much updating i'll get done this week, but I'll try my best.