2016-01-15 17:43:47

You can find an identify wand in your home city's magic shop. And I agree that finding quests can be difficult if you don't know where to look so a quests command would come in handy.

2016-01-15 17:47:42

Yep, I found the feather of truth but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.

As to ice caverns, I went there, was happily  killing things (I even found a quest), but then met one stronger arctic changeling and died for some reason. On the plus side I think I now realize what was wrong at death, I need to do "get all corpse" several times to get and wear everything, which is why I thought some stuff was missing. On the down side, once again all my experience goes by by and I don't think I should try ice caverns again, if the same monster type can be so wildly different in terms of it's affectiveness.

Grrrrr!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-01-15 18:31:56

@Dark

I don't know if you realize it, but you can multiplay in the game too.  The code will prevent you from using multiple characters to attack another player, but mobs yes you can attack with multiple characters grouped at same time if you want.

Play Classic 6Dragons at 6d.quest port 4100
Download the sound pack at https://smaugmuds.afkmods.com/files/download/497/
Download MUSHclient with soundpack included at https://6d.quest/MUSHclient.zip

2016-01-15 19:03:10

Hmmmm, I don't know if I'm good enough with Vipmud to manage that successfully. To be honest I was hoping for a little more questing and exploring in the game than I'm finding thus far, which might as I said just be me going to  the wrong places, or maybe I didn't distribute stat points successfully when I started (sinse I didn't realize I wouldn't get more later).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-01-15 22:26:09

UPDATE

Ok now if you type journal quest number, it will tell you more information about the particular quest point your on.  For example you have to tell a mob exact words.  It will remind you the words and what mob you need to tell.  Of course I have to add this to all quests by hand, so please use the bug command to report different quests where phrases must be repeated exactly and I'll get them in.

2016-01-22 08:16:22

Well, I'm a level 8 Mage now! I've done a lot of quests so far, and even found two quests in one area, I wasn't expecting that, but still, those goblins are hard! Not in a bad way either. I can beat one, but be hanging at a good 50 hp left at the end of a battle. Now that is what makes the game real, winning by the skin of my teeth like that, although I don' like dying, but I'm rich for a new player, so retrieving my corpse isn't too costly, after killing all those rats and getting so much copper.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-01-30 04:05:21

Quick Update...

Bank code revisions done by Volk adding a balance command, and a
             merge command if you need to merge bank accounts.
Holding breath and frost bite damage now appear as a percentage
             for screen readers
  Equipment command updated to accept a wear location, ie 'eq finger'
fixed bug with quiver crafted amounts held and with wear location
bankers can be used in tutorials now as well.
fixed bug where if you had a shield or sanc affect people could
             see your name when disguised or morphed
Soldier, Archer, Warrior, Guard mobs now all will have difficulty
             set based on player fighting them for city siege events
Thieves target skill will now have daggers on the ground when  they
             fail to stick
Angels hurl skill will also have spears on the ground when they
             fail to stick

2016-01-30 04:24:05

does this mud have any pvp?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-01-30 04:53:06

@smoothgunner

Yes, all players are considered player killers at creation.  However, I have not seen someone kill another player except in the arena in many years.  Most people don't participate in that unless it's a role played like challenge.

2016-01-30 21:00:52

Great to hear of the updates.

Appologies I haven't been around for a while, I've been moving in with my fiance, so gaming has sort of been a background thing for me, but certainly that doesn't mean all the work going on in  six Dragon's isn't appreciated, hopefully I'll get some time to  to try things out soon.

Btw, any news on a way of finding quests?

2016-01-31 03:51:28

Awesome news. Whenever I get good Internet access on my Mac, right now my home doesn't have Wifi, and the Internet at the training enter has unreliable Internet, I'll get Mushclient for the Windows XP VM and try out the sounds.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-02-22 14:09:45

Well Just to let mpeople know, I've had points where I've been back on six dragons a little.

I'm still trying to hit levell 10 so I can go on with quests and get to new areas sinse right now it seems I can't handle areas that are higher than level 10 which confines me to kirwood swamp and the abyss, and I'd like to move on and do more quests sinse the quests are awesome, unfortunately a little grindy at the moment unless I'm missing something.

2016-09-30 14:07:46

Okay, i remember having lots of fun with this game earlier, and checking the site today I saw lots of updates.

firstly, i was wondering if anyone was playing? I'm back on as Lyrandel. While I did think of creating a new character and doing the tutorial again I decided I might as well continue with the progress.

A couple of thoughts.

first, i'd love to see that "where quest" thing to find more quests, since the quests in the game rock and it was only lack of quests at level 9 that got me earlier, that and losing all! my xp when i died and going back to zero, especially when i was just 10 K away from levelling.

I also would love a way to get more trades, since while making jewelary is great I'd love to try one of the other trades, and I am currently level 6 at jewelary making.

Great to see the game is still being updated and I hope more people play in the future, especially with the sounds this one rocks!

2016-10-01 00:01:37

alright, I've now finished level 9 finally! The xp penalties for death in this game are quite yharsh. I was quite annoyed when a group mob hit me for over 400 damage and I died instantly, that is really! punshing it I think even for a group.
Still I'm now level 10 and can do quests again, hurrah! I would love to see that quests command, it's mentioned in the help for journal but I don't seem to be able to find it, which is a shame.

Now i can join a side in the war which is theoretically good, and can have a house and other stuff which is better.

i think finding quests in each area and having more trade skills are the things I would like to see most, though sieges look fun as do taxes, indeed I wonder if some of those other cities can be used for that? it'll be interesting to see, actually it would be quite cool if you could be sent on missions to gather taxes from npc villages on the map, to raide enemy villages and take them from the other side, or to go and defend one of your sides against an enemy attack, indeed being given missions is always nice in a game even if they repeat somewhat.

I always liked the idea of army command and doing it as a citizen might be good provided it's possible solo, indeed it might be a good way to get players involved in the conflict, particularly since the wilderness map is great and the idea of roaming around playing war games would be very nice.

I've seen other games that involve some sort of citty politics, but you have to roleplay hugely and basically be in with the gang, indeed some that have great systems (avalon particularly), really fall off since they're so! dependent upon other players. Since however the sides in classic six dragons are more stable it'd be nice to have a conflict you could participate in as a solo player, even if you could never actually win, eg, solo players can take an npc army and either defend against npc attacks or engage in attacks on npc settlements, maybe engage in some other war type missions like slaying enemy scouts or scouting yourself or taking supplies to armies in the field, ---- indeed as I said I love the wilderness map and more stuff to do there would rock, and make the times when there aren't any original quests a little less grindy.

Either way, glad to now be back on a roll so to speak, hopefully I can progress and won't get quite as stuck on one level for so long.