2015-11-11 18:41:58

Ii just downloaded the ultra eloquence file that coltan made. And I find it od that its pronunciation dictionary has a correction for obama, but not for barack. Just wanted to throw that out there

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-11-11 20:12:20 (edited by x0 2015-11-11 20:14:10)

because I, being me, did not know how to spell his name. Next update will come with that. I might as well fix capitolization bugs with a regexp in the next release with eloquence american english. Also, as I am who I am, you will probably notice that things such as fuckfuckfuck, motherfucker, etc, are fixed. And yes I also fixed etc, and because I didn't know how to spell it, I use phonemes because I'm smart.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-11-12 01:17:17

do any of you know how I could possibly compile a regexp in a loop fassion? I want to make it so if a word is all caps, that it will spell it out by putting spaces between all the letters within the dictionary. But I just can't manage to figure that out, I only managed to do it to the first part of the word, where all caps car, was supposed to be C A R, I got C AR, which is capitol A R together, it didn't split it.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-11-12 18:46:52

Hi,
Just started playing arround with you're custom eloquence, and I have to admit that I like it...
One question: is there any way to get your custom dictionary working in british english?
That's primarily what I use...
Thanks,

Daniel

2015-11-13 20:07:11

I'm afraid that the custom pronunciation dictionary within root.dic is created for US english, using it with british may generate strange pronunciations. The custom crash dictionary, you could probably just rename the file and make it work that way, if you're talking about speech dicts.

----------

2015-11-13 23:18:00

Thanks very much...
I like the sinth plugin in any case.
Great work.
Thanks,

Daniel

2015-11-14 02:20:39

Well, nowadays, I'm still using eloquence addons myself. It is works nice though, I don't know if eloquence of cf is better than the one that I'm using, but from what my point of view of the eloquence for android, the quality is really bad. And sometimes, the pronounciation is wrong.

2015-11-14 04:00:13

Well, Socheat, if you like the native inflection change support in the eloquence addon, I'd say no, the cf eloquence is not better than the previous addons. Because you can't change that with the cf version.

2015-11-14 04:24:41

I see. I don't want to try it, though. Because I have the one that is better than eloquence from cf big_smile.

2015-11-25 18:06:10

okay, with some help from stack overflow, I got some regexps working to split all caps words. I've also added a few more entries to the pronunciation dictionary, such as Barack. Anybody want a release?

----------

2015-11-25 18:07:21

I say that's worth a major update right there.

2015-11-25 21:11:47

What do you mean about Ivona? As far as I can tell, they still sell the SAPI 5 voices.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2015-11-26 01:08:36

Yes, it seems they do still sell sapi5 voices, as well as their cloud speech environment which it seems amazon echo is using.

2015-11-26 08:07:55

Ahoy there
What I meant by Ivona closing shop is according to a e-mail I received from them they will no longer provide support for ivona reader and ivona voices. Support as in download links or keys.That basicly ends up as after the 31 of December they won't be selling or providing you with links to installers or such for the stuff that you've purchased or that you do purchase (I hope not), at least not after 31 December. :d
They might still carry on their business speech services such the speech cloud? but I have no clue.
I don't think any new voices have actually come out after amazon acquired ivona,although I could just be having a brain fart.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-11-26 20:17:36

Well, technically there have been new voices from Ivona coming out, but only for Amazon. Case and point being the voice used in the amazon echo, which is available nowhere else. On that note the Android app has been pulled, but you can download any ivona voice you want if you have one of the kindles.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-11-26 21:22:30 (edited by jack 2015-11-26 21:23:25)

Maybe the echo voice is available in the ivona cloud? Been trying to test that, that could actually be used to make some prerecorded tts lines as mp3 for people who don't have good voices, but it seems to be strictly for business. I could always put dumby values in, like set the business address as my own house and stuff, but I'm not sure how legal that is. Shouldn't really be a problem, after all, it's free as long as you stick to the free plan limitations. But back on the topic of eloquence, I definitely think the uppercase spelling is definitely worth a major update to the driver.

2015-11-26 22:57:23

only problem is, I'll have to add tons of entries such as fixing III to be roman 3 instead of saying I I I.
And I'll have to edit the dictionary file manually for that, because it will have to be above the capitol splitter.
Can anybody think of a word it can't say and how it should be said?
You can provide me how it should be said in dectalk phonemes, eloquence phonemes, or just spelling it out though emphasis and stress may get a little screwy when you spell it.

----------

2015-12-23 07:51:31

ultraeloquence has been updated majorly! Grab your copy right here!

----------

2015-12-23 18:43:26

I just got the updated version of this addon and it's pretty good.

2015-12-23 23:55:39

the codefactory eloquence vocalizer addon also requires you to be connected to the internet at all times for at least once every 30 days so it can phone home to validate its license. stupid.

2015-12-24 00:05:27

the ultra eloquence is great! thanks!

2015-12-24 00:07:39

when i switch to japanese with ultra eloquence it does not read japanese text but sapi5 eloquence does. could this be fixed in ultra?

2015-12-24 00:08:50

and what ever happened to keynote gold speech by berkeley then l&h bought it? wish we could have that one somehow also.

2015-12-24 00:10:14

there is nothing wrong with capitalism, but charging such very very high prices for something 15 years old or older is rediculous! today its worth $5 for all languages maybe $10 $20 at most.

2015-12-24 00:12:18

again nothing wrong with capitalism but nuance are just greedy money-hungry bad capitalists who rip off disabled people all the time. furthermore they restrict us severely by their stupid internet activation methods.