2015-12-14 22:52:38

Crocodile Dentist is based on a toy from the early 1990s. The day I got one was the first time I was ever grounded. I don't really remember what I did, only that the image of the Crocodile Dentist box and "grounded" are forever linked in my mind. Also I think I was thinking about this and staring at the box while going through the McDonalds drive-through with my grandmother or something. ... And I'm pretty sure my parents aren't going to remember what I was grounded for. ... Why can't I remember that? Remembering minutia from when I was 3 is, like, my other mutant power (the other being hopelessly confusing).

Ahem.
The original Crocodile Dentist looks more like an alligator. Once all the teeth are in (just the bottom row; the top is just a sticker), you press a button in the back of the mouth, and the mouth locks in the open position. The mechanism for releasing it moves to a random tooth; if you pull that tooth, the mouth will snap shut, and I think the crocodile might even roll forward a bit. (It also comes with some kinda yellow pliers to pull out the teeth.)
So it's kinda like Russian Roulette, but for ages 3 and up. ... Maybe I was 4 and think of it as 3 because it said it was for ages 3 and up? Or maybe I wasn't 3 yet and I got my grandmother to buy it anyway and that's why I was grounded? ... I don't think so. Gah, episodic memory, why aren't you properly organized?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-12-15 02:04:06

Wow, I never knew that. Sounds like a fun game, actually. And of course it took its inspiration from Operation.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-12-15 02:32:40

Hello again.
a question, who developed these games?
Fast and Loose and Crocodile Dentist.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-12-15 02:56:01

audio 3d maze and crocadile dentist are both from braille soft, or rather were, as the links on the braillesoft site don't actually work. I did actually contact Louis Bryant directly, but since a system crash, even he no longer has them. shame, as would have been an easy way to get audio 3d maze, as I did get crock dentist from someone here.
fast and loose was seemingly from Simon Cowan, who I assume was an indipendent developer. thanks to the person who sent that and a couple of others as well.

Simon

2015-12-15 05:11:48

Hello again.
thanks by the information.
greetings.

2015-12-15 09:06:28

No problem. That's a shame about Audio 3d Maze. I never knew it existed until reading this topic. I'd like to try it out myself.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-12-15 10:31:52

same here. seemingly braillesoft also made a monopoly pc game as well, which it would be nice to get hold of, to compare it to the jim kitchen one. as with the other braillesoft games however, same problem, non working download link, and Louis Bryant doesn't have it either.

Simon

2015-12-15 18:50:12

Hi
another question, whats it is the story of Dueling Swords?
what is the game?
greetings and thanks.

2015-12-18 00:08:17

just a quick update, speed of sound gaming games can come off of the request list, as by pure chance, I managed to contact the person who set it up, and found that nothing was ever actually produced, his new partnership is still looking for a good selection of beta testers, before bringing out any games.
I will probably send out a revised request list soon, in the hopes of yet a third good response.

seasons greetings from Simon

2015-12-18 16:14:55

Were there other Dragon Slayer games besides their version of Mario? I think I have Dragon Slayer's Mario, but I think that's all I have from them.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-12-18 21:33:53

if there are, have heard nothing about them.
this is the main issue, when very little, or no info is available.

season's greetings from Simon

2015-12-27 00:14:33

Hi.
someone have the Wackamole of braille soft?
the download link not work more.
greetings and thanks.

2015-12-28 06:52:52

Sure, here you go.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/efrcpu

2015-12-28 07:53:48

Hi,
Can you put a dropbox link to the whack-a-moll game up please? I don't know how sendspace works.

2015-12-28 08:47:26

Hello
thanks by the link.
and other question, someone have Westfront: the trials of Guilder?
the download link not work more.
greetings and thanks.

2015-12-28 09:12:23

yes, I eventually managed to find that one with a bit of searching.
here is a working link for it, one of mine, as I didn't keep the original one I found that worked.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/m0the5

Simon

2015-12-28 09:21:03

Hi.
I posted a thread asking for the following games, I wonder if anyone has them.
Shoot daa me from RS games, hella from Dreamtech interactive, and that other space invadors game where you can by upgrades for your ship, elemental combat from dragon slayer games and audio paperboy alfa
Thanks and the space invaders game was also from dreamtech interactive.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2015-12-28 09:21:41

hello all,
as I said a bit back, here is another update to the request list, hoping for a response like the last 2 times.
also, if anyone happens to know that any of these were never released, as I am aware that the latest info on a few of them was that they were still in development, please also do let me know, as I can then take them off of the list, as there is no point in keeping them on there if they were never available in the first place. thanks in advance.
request list:
any of the Casey Mathews' Web Friendly Help Games
any of Claudio Zeni's Blue World Games
audio 3d maze from braille soft, as page to it just gives 404 error every time.
Saber Duel
Splatter, kill flies.
Fire Escape, get out of your burning house.
Zato, fight the yakuza gang as a blind samurai.
Audio version of frogger.
Tristan Bussiere's ACE Games
Bomb Stopper.
the 4 Nick Gawronski's Games, (if they were ever actually made available, as last info is that they are in development, but the site has gone). the titles are:
boating week, shoot out, doctor newnew, and mudbot.
from Peter Laursen's TDL Games. space colony cleaner.
Nick Adamson's flight commander (if it ever actually came out)

Simon

2015-12-28 09:26:16

haven't heard of elemental combat, but I do have one called elemental battle, if that is the one you mean.

Simon

2015-12-28 09:35:49

hi again
thanks by the link.
greetings.

2015-12-28 09:45:59

Hi.
Thanks for that.
What is that battle game and can you pleasre send a link?
I think nick geronskies games were not finished.
Does any have shoot daa me and hella and that space game?

2015-12-28 10:19:55

here is a link for elemental battle.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/kcgp4b

Simon

2015-12-28 10:23:12

Hi
a question, someone have the program dragon flame?
it was a program from dragon slayer games.
greetings and thanks.

2015-12-28 10:42:19

Thank you thank you thank you! that was just the game I was looking for!

2015-12-28 21:34:05

For the person who's having trouble downloading from Sendspace, all you need to do is find a button on that site that says download. They've recently changed it, because it used to be a link. I'm guessing there are still ads on the site, but I don't ever really log out of my pro account to find out. My rule has always been, if it doesn't look right, it probably isn't the right link or button to click on.

If there was really an audio version of paperboy, I would love to get my hands on that! I never knew it existed.

I have Heli and Shoot Daa Me. Here are the links.

Heli:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/odqe6k

Shoot Daa Me:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fhnfi3