2015-12-14 19:19:59 (edited by stirlock 2015-12-14 19:20:41)

OK, this is fucking stupid. We're steadily approaching a month with no game in sight, for something that has supposedly been ready for release. There is clearly no game and he just coded the god damn demo to make us believe there was a legit product. Why else would a game that has been ready for months not have been released yet?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-12-14 20:15:05

Very valid point there, sterlock. I actually did think about this, and came to the conclusion that that must have been what happened. A demo like this could be coded in... what. a few days, 2 weeks tops if you know your programming? And from what I can tell, all the voiceacting is actually done by one person. Another point to raise here is if this game was oh so ready for release and only needed seperating the demo from the full version, zipping up and uploading,  then why did he post a second demo, if he could have included the fight with ruckus in the first if it was all ready coded? Also, I think that one month should have been more than enough time to do the work required to get the full version out to people.
Same with edge of winter: What did we get at first? A bunch of videos made from audio which was cleverly edeted together to make it sound like the editor was playing a game. Next, we had the manual, which could have been posted right after the "demo" videos. But instead, giro had to come up with a control skeem, a story, and game mechanics to make the non existent game seem exciting so others would buy it. Next, we had the demo about... what was it, two months later? And yet again, that demo was probably coded just to keep customers happy. And now where do we stand with both games? An announcement from giro, telling us that the game should be here in the next full days for the people who preordered them. The confirmation emails took this a step further, saying that the game was all ready done, and only had to be zipped up and uploaded to be sent. In the emails which were sent out for griph, we were promissed a wait time of a few hours at most. With edge of winter, we were constantly offered release dates which mearly stated september, october, and after november, no more release dates at all. This leeds me to believe that there are no games, no full versions, and the money from preorders is probably all ready gone.
The conclusion of this rant or what ever you may wish to call it: Never, ever, under any surcumstances buy a game from giro22, even if it could save your life, your pet's life, your familie's lives, and the hole world besides.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-12-14 20:27:19

Hello;

I'll just say one thing; this game was not voiced by only one person. I'd say four or five people were heard in the demo.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-12-14 20:48:35

What do you expect, when Edge of winter hasn't been released yet? So many promises has been made, so many announcements, and other things to keep people excited, but nothing yet for those who have preordered the games. I'm done preordering anything from this developer, and I'm not buying anything until the games I have preordered has been released. I don't expect anything at all until the full versions has been released. Demos are great, but that's not what you expect when you preorder something. When the full version has been released, then there might be some bugs which needs to be fixed, so it might take very long time. Well, I have other things to care about, and the announcements from Jyro can't make me excited for one second. Not anymore. I'm done.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-12-14 22:04:06

Hello
I would love this game to be released soon.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-12-15 00:21:44

Hence why I'm glad I didn't preorder it. Granted I don't necessarily believe this is a scam so much as another case of him getting overconfident and then not being as ready as he thought. I sometimes had those thoughts about the initial release of Airik the Cleric in the month or whatever before it came out and I turned out to be wrong. I'll grant that he could certainly be go about this in a far better way but I don't believe this is a scam. If it was I'm sure we wouldn't have gotten full versions of Airik or Kurt Wolf. I agree that this delay has otten ridiculous in light of all his "shortly" repetitions, but if this was a serious scam he surely couldn't have gotten all that much from only charging fifteen bucks for the game. It would take a lot more preorders than he would have gotten from this community to make that worthwhile.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-12-15 01:15:54

Hi,
thanks for your patience and support during our development. I want to point out that Griff does not have a release date, so you can relax. I also want to point out to those feeling concern over the negative scam claims, that it is provable that we have published games for Steam, the Android, iPhone, Facebook and PC. We also have numerous completed audio games. Note also the care which seems to go into the level of real-time play and fun characters that clearly took a lot of thought to conceive. If my games were a scam, they wouldn't be starring mainstream voice actors or contain such well developed concepts as a winged lion who turns enemies to gold and shatters them, gliding through various realms with characters which seem to have relationships to one another. Scams don't have such qualities. Not to mention the many menus and sub menus, shortcuts and controller support. The only thing that seems obvious to me is that you shouldn't listen to the silly claims that we don't develop games. Relax, everything's working just fine. I'll be right back. Thank you kindly and Happy Holidays!

2015-12-15 01:21:12

I'm sure that if the game is released, the play time will be short, just like developers such as ticonblue.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-12-15 01:23:02

You won't know until you try. And those are excellent points Jyro.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-12-15 01:42:05

hello
thanks gyro by your reply.
luck.
greetings.

2015-12-15 09:05:59

We'll just have to wait and see. If/when I hear that people have started receiving their copies I'll see about ordering.

2015-12-15 20:35:55 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-12-15 20:39:11)

Hey all, will you please paste links to all of Jyro's great, "games", that are found on Steam and Android and PC and IPhone, and even Facebook? I really really wanna see them, I'm super excited to play his numerous games. And curse ye oh mods for not putting links to all of those great titles!
  Oh wait, never mind. Mods, you're forgiven. I understand, you don't put links to audio recordings on audio games.net. Jyro, the confirmation emails were nice, but did you seriously have to make people pay $15 to read fiction? Okay, I understand that's plausible, but people usually pay for books, not 2 or 3 paragraphs. Just a tip.
  But to end on a positive note, you're one heck of a sound designer. Keep it up!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-12-15 21:48:08 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2015-12-15 21:57:33)

Hi.
Well, where are your great games exactly? I havent seen at leased one of them next to erric the clerric, which had a strange sound design if you ask me, Kind of royalty free stuff.
While I am at it, let me quickly check the appstore, wait, I will be back.
tick, tick, tick, tick, ok, nothing there under breaker box games
BTW, your points dont make sense in the leased
All these menus and submenus? Umm, every programmer can go such far and do that.
And storie whise, If you have a good storie, that doesnt mean that you are a good developer.
I know many people who are no developers of any kind of software, but have great ideas for stories.
Ok, enough with that, I'll get hated on in the next few posts I guess but well, this was to be expected.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-12-15 22:44:00

but gyro why did you take our money knowing you could not meet the deadline? no wonder we don't trust you. no news on clocktower chronicles or steampunk yet you said oh yes here soon very soon, back soon update, back today guys, and then six months later oh game no date release but thank you all for your money

2015-12-16 01:18:38

To be fair he didn't actually have a deadline for Griff, so technically it's not late.

2015-12-16 01:27:40

Bryan P, you would understand it if you'd paid for the game, been told it would be released soon, and after a month still hadn't gotten it. This was money that these guys or their parents worked for, and could've used for living expenses or perhaps other games. I understand you might just be trying to be a bit nice to the guy, but if you were to have paid for it and been told you'd get it in a few hours, you'd be likely having the same reaction if it wasn't here after 720 or more hours, which is certainly more than what I consider a few.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2015-12-16 02:08:20

I paid for Edge of Winter and that still isn't out yet. I just know that constantly asking Jyro isn't going to make it appear any faster. I'm not saying I'm not frustrated but I'm trying to exercise patience.

2015-12-16 02:09:29

I swear now I know why we lose so many developers. The complaints are getting really rediculous, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose Jyro here.. Pretty soon, he'll say why should I be making games for these people who don't even appreciate them.
Omg, you paid $15 for a game.. I'm sure that' sgoing to put you without groceries for the month. lol It's not like in the mainstream world, where you're paying like $60 a game, and then how much would you be complaining if it didn't get released on time? I don't even want to know.
I  preordered all of his games, too. Even Airik 2, which I haven't heard mentioned since I preordered it. I preordered Edge of Winter, the other two games that we haven't heard any news about, and this one here, Griff. You chose to preorder them, and that was your choice. There's nothing you can do about it, there were no release dates set on any of the games, so just shut up and wait. Stop crying, it's just a game, that you will see when it's ready.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-12-16 03:15:35

Well said Staindaddict. Complaining isn't going to make things happen any faster, however frustrated we might be.

2015-12-16 03:36:07 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-12-16 03:37:49)

I agree. Complaining will not make it better for the people who paid for a preorder, -- I haven't myself, however my recent post(s) to this topic were meant to convey a cynical tone; I'm more on the side of mocking this developer for his/her utter and complete lack of responsibility and proper communication. The fact is, complaining never helps any situation, but humans do it anyway. And at post 168 I believe people have the right to be angry if they put down any sum of money for a product that they are unsure they will receive, -- what proof do they have that this is a trusted developer? From what it sounds like, he/she is developing all 3 or 4 of these games by his/herself. Similarly, there may indeed have been no official release date, but if the confirmation email did indeed state that a copy of the game the individual had just ordered would be delivered to them on the day of, or at max a few days following, their order, then they are within their right to deem the current situation unreasonable. I am not attempting to justify senseless complaining and yelling at a developer, I am stating my reasons for not even considering ordering Jyro22's projects, as well as attempting to justify people's frustrations. You yourself admitted to being frustrated, Bryan P. All humans are different in some way, this includes how they take out their anger and/or frustration. If Jyro22 is indeed bothered by complaints and rants, then he/she should not have, so to speak, bit off more than he/she could chew.

2015-12-16 03:48:17

But this developer has a history of not delivering on on/when he says he will, so when the people who preordered the game preordered it, they should've kept that in mind.
Am I frustrated with the games not being released yet? Of course I am, but wining about it is going to get us nowhere, and if it keeps heading in the direction it's going, we're just going to lose another developer. We hardly have any left as it is, so I wish people would just stop it, and appreciate the products they're getting when they are released.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-12-16 04:09:04

True. This is exactly why I didn't order, because of what happened with edge of winter. I actually would've pre ordered edge of winter, after Christmas, but now that I've monitored and found out what I'm dealing with, as far as I'm concerned Jyro22 is already a lost developer. And this is just my personal opinion, I am in no way attempting to sway anyone towards it.

2015-12-16 04:20:54

Breaking:
  Guys, have a look at the first post again. I just went back and re-read it, and if you look closely, you are not told that this is a pre order. It says, click here to purchase the full game for $14.99, nothing about pre ordering there.

2015-12-16 04:58:41

The thing is, most of our developers are one-man operations, sometimes if they're lucky two or three. And even Jyro later admitted that his original post was misleading. Should he change it? Probably. But I agree with what Staindaddict said. People know that Jyro has a history of being tardy with his releases and should have kept that in mind.

2015-12-16 08:26:01

hello
totally agree with staindaddict
I always appreciate the work of audiogame developers.
Unfortunately while the mainstream has a new game per week, we must settle for much less.
so accuse someone of swindler or complain will accomplish nothing.
however, I think Gyro than you should be more cautious with your ads.
To be honest, in the time I've been in audiogames.net I noticed that the players are complaining, always seeking a defect everything, and they are never satisfied with anything.
so I would suggest Gyro than you are more cautious with your ads, it is for your own good.

greetings and thanks.