2015-12-13 17:00:39

Hi,
Is this possible to learn HSP in english?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-12-14 00:31:50

Interesting, never knew about Hot Soup Processor. The syntax looks similar to any other english programming language, so it should be possible. I found an english guide here that seems good, although you'll still have to download HSP off the main website which is in japanese and may not be fantastically readable, installing it also involved wading through garbled text and a few ignored syntax errors. In the end the scripts worked though and it seemed alright. It may or may not work, but here is a direct link to the HSP download.

There's also an open source version of HSP over here, though I don't seem to have access to their regional server's or some such, don't feel like tunneling through with a VPN.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-07-29 07:45:27

Anyone know english or Polish guides?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-07-29 13:47:37

Hello!
There are no english guides available. But you can do fine with a japanese reference

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-07-30 04:01:44

Learning programming language using gtranslator or other translation platform was wery hard

Mao!
--

2018-07-30 11:41:26

I didn't say it's easy. I said it's possible

2018-07-31 01:56:36 (edited by cartertemm 2018-07-31 01:58:37)

Is it possible? Why of course. Even though the manual, discussions, tools, majority of code, and language itself is  Center around Japanese, keywords are still English. You can probably throw parts of the manual at google translate with limited success. Syntax is basic-like, so a moderate knowledge of that certainly wouldn't hurt. I'd say start their. Now the practicality? You'd get far, far further in a mainstream language. The last thing we need is a  Japanese BGT, although I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know. Good luck

2018-07-31 03:42:59

Yeah I tend to agree, I don't see the rationale behind wanting to do this.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-31 03:57:10 (edited by visualstudio 2018-07-31 03:58:06)

hi.
i first downloaded it using google translate stuff, but when i saw the manual, tools and everything except keywords are in japanese, i said i dont need it. i stick with the languages that i know

2018-07-31 04:01:18 (edited by nyanchan 2018-07-31 04:05:07)

This is not for discouraging it at all, but I seriously cannot find any reason to learn hsp, having hard time reading the reference or guessing elements from translation. Especially, HSP works as SJIS mode by default, which means non-English characters cannot be displayed without using locale emu.
I haven't had any experience with it, but isn't PureBasic close one as HSP? Win32 compatible, simple syntax, lightweight, and fast.
Again, I'm neither discouraging you nor hating HSP itself. HSP is a very good language indeed, but it is applicable when you can read Japanese without frustration and you are running your app on the Japanese locale, in my opinion.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-07-31 14:15:25

then, for other non-native japanese people, i have to say f**k the manual/reference as you can't understand them from the google translate.

2018-07-31 15:17:17

Japanese does not translate well lol, I can tell you this for certainty. I've tested it with Google and Bing translate, and Bing works better, as usual, but yeah.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-01 07:04:47

@Nyanchan:
HSP supporting UTF8.
I dont know when start supporting but it works. smile

Mao!
--

2018-08-01 11:44:30 (edited by nyanchan 2018-08-01 11:45:05)

I highly doubt that Japanese would be almost-perfectly translatable in near future. I am of course a native speaker though, I can say that the language is extremely complex. With the fact the target here is a programming reference being considered, still.
HSP partly supports unicode, yes. But I do not know whether it is UTF-8 or UTF-16. The standard HSP runtime should work regardless of the difference, but when it comes to using dynamic link libraries, it will be getting troublesome. TBH I'm taking distance from it because I don't want to tackle with the complexity. lol

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-08-01 17:08:14

i don't see any matters to learne programing language that the  manual,  or other books  or guyds hard for you to understand, speshel if you didn't know  Japanese , their are other programing languages like bgt, python pb c++, c# etc etc, tho's are all can be easy understanding, not all of them, but their are books and guyds that you could translate them and read

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-01 17:32:36

Lol, comparing HSP to BGT is just... Mech.
I mean... I know what you meant by that, butr compare these two languages and their functions. You will see, that HSP with its easy syntacs, and variety of functions is much better than BGT

2018-08-01 22:54:20

whatever, i beter learne a programing  language that i can easy understand what i am reading, not  just spending my time for translating the manual,   and some times the translation doesn't come up with a wright word...
i think you understand my point

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-02 01:13:30

Comparing bgt to hsp is same to comparing cat working on computer to human xD

Mao!
--