2015-11-27 14:02:57

hi i cant download the demo can anyone send a dropbox link please?

2015-11-27 16:44:29

Hello
@brad thanks by the reply.
I am very anxious because this game is released.
greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-11-27 19:45:44

Ve shal see. LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-11-28 02:57:15 (edited by jyro22 2015-11-28 03:18:59)

Hey Everyone!
Here is a link to download a new demo with more content! It has an additional realm, lots more dialogue you can obtain the Midas Gloves. You can even teleport back to the previous realms afterward to collect enemy gold. Some chasms and spikes are wide and require you to glide over them. Read the game manual in the folder. Be sure that you have the OGG vorbis codec installed, the installer for it is included in the game folder and the X input dll is already included. I'll be back with full game. I hope you enjoy playing!

A tip about the portal room: The Autumn Terrace realm portal is surrounded by grass. The Athena portal is surrounded by gold.
The Demo Link on The Site has also been updated.
Thanks!

2015-11-28 03:45:27

I really think jumping is bugged. I take two steps on the gravel, then hit jump and the arrow together and I still fall into te pit even though I hold the arrow untilI land. The reall weird part is that the windy sound for the pit will go from in front of me to behind me and yet I still die. I also suspect walking may be bugged since sometimes when tapping an arrow I'll take two steps instead of one. This has been going on with the original demo as well as this newest one. In case this helps I'm running the game on a Windows Vista 32-bit machine.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-11-28 03:51:58

Hello
thanks by the new demo Gyro.
luck with the full version.
greetings.

2015-11-28 05:19:39 (edited by jyro22 2015-11-28 05:20:32)

Jumping's not bugged. Just takes practice. Get about 2 small steps into the gravel then jump then immediately after you press jump press and hold in the direction and don't let go until you land on the other side. sometimes you might land but fall backward because of landing on the very very edge. Jumping gets way easier once you earn gliding. Cool.
Thanks!

You're welcome Fabi and thank you!

2015-11-28 06:34:00

@giro: sorry for off topic, but how was the progress of edge of winter?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-11-28 15:59:34 (edited by afsilva90 2015-11-28 16:04:34)

Hi everyone,

I tried playing the demo of Griff and I'm in the Autumn Terrace realm. I tried jumping over one of the pits and Griff died. I tried to jump over the first pit by holding the space bar and the right arrow at the same time to make Griff jump over the pit but I ended up dying. Could someone give me some tips for playing the first level of this Realm, please?
Thanks,
André

2015-11-28 16:54:34

okay this is strange. Gyro says that the game is all ready completed, and he did upload a demo. Now I have two points of interest to raise.
1: Why did he upload the demo only about a week after the ennicial announcement, when he could have uploaded it right after he announced it instead? after all, he did say that the game was all ready finished...
2: If he uploaded thedemo all ready, why did he upload a second demo, if he could have uploaded the second demo before? This once again would actually have been possible, because the game was finished when he announced the game.
After raising these two points, now I'm wondering if he's actually ust stawling for time with these demos. Perhaps, he only started coding after announcing the game. Perhaps there's nothing finished out there.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-11-28 17:07:17

Hello
Gyro said that only lacked a 16-20 hours of work.
He said he had to do the game documentation, Separate demonstration of the full version, so polish some details.
I think you have to have a little patience.
greetings and thanks.

2015-11-28 17:20:53 (edited by BryanP 2015-11-28 17:54:54)

That's the point. I tried that and I still dide, hence why I suspect it's bugged. I usually have to take three or sometimes even four steps before I jump. Once I get the wings it's a bit diferent but before then two steps usually isn't enough to clear the pit. Then as I said earlier he sometimes has a tendency to take two steps with a single press of an arrow.

2015-11-28 17:53:08

I also suspect the Centaur fight may be bugged since it just sits there playing notes, laughing and punching us and the arrows, space bar and control key don't seem to do anything.

2015-11-28 18:22:06

Hi everyone,

I think that jumping over pits in this game is bugged. I take two steps on the gravel, I press the spacebar and the right arrow to make Griff jump over the pit and he dies. I would like to play a stable and bug-free demo version of this game, not one that contains bugs. What's going on with this game? Is the developer joking when he says that this game is released or not? In my opinion this looks more like a prototype version and not a bug-free playable demo version because I'm finding it very hard to jump over the pit. Honestly, I think that the developer behind this game should make a greater effort to remove all of the bugs encountered in this game so that blind customers can enjoy playing this game without any bugs.
Thanks,
André

2015-11-28 18:31:08 (edited by BryanP 2015-11-28 18:31:46)

There's no such thing as bug free software. But I agree that jumping or at least walking is bugged. This is sad because I genuinely like the game.

2015-11-28 21:32:27

About the centaur fight, you must match the notes before you can punch him.
Jumping is not a bug, it needs some practice to do it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-11-28 21:36:50

hi
very strange
I m play but I m play about 5 minit and I have message
the griff notrespoundinng

and the game stop working

2015-11-28 21:53:54

Hi everyone,

I also discovered that walking in this game is bugged. Instead of pressing the left and right arrows to walk one step at a time I actually take two or more steps forwards or backwards respectively. I would also like to play this fantastic game but I can't do this because of tthese two annoying bugs. People keep saying that jumping in this game takes some practice but I suspect that jumping and walking are, in my point of view, the problems that need to be fixed as soon as possible.
Best,
André

2015-11-28 22:57:32

When you take two steps on the gravel, then jump and hold the direction and you still die even after landing, that to me is a bug. Heck, last time I tried I died even after taking three or four steps on the gravel before jumping. And as was also stated you sometimes take two or more steps with a single press of a direction, which I've also seen in Breakerbox's other titles. As for the notes in the centaur fight  couldn't play any of them so I couldn't match them.

2015-11-29 19:51:35 (edited by Naruto 2015-11-29 19:52:47)

to show you all the game has hardly any bugs, here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/274 … 20demo.ogg

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2015-11-29 19:56:30 (edited by Shadowcat 2015-11-29 20:00:36)

I can't even get this game to start... I have music playing I can skip with enter, but after the third track I can't do anything, no arrows, no nothing
also why does the game title bar say edge of winter?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-11-29 20:51:35

hmmm
i m start the game
but music dont play for me

2015-11-29 20:59:53 (edited by jyro22 2015-11-29 21:02:28)

@dd, make sure you go and download the most recent demo, you must have an old one.
Naruto is correct.
@Naruto, great demonstration! Thanks!

2015-11-29 21:18:16

no prob. it was fun

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2015-11-29 21:34:32

Hardly any bugs? Sometimes taking two or more steps with a single tap of an arrow strikes me as a bug. One wonders if it's a quirk of the game engine they use to develop.