2015-11-08 16:10:47 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2015-11-12 14:32:17)

Hello guys,
I've recently gotten interested in Justice Laeg assemble but I have a few questions about the game that doesn't seem to be covered in the readme, well not quite anyway:
First, how to avoid bullets and cars? I know that for cars you'll have to jump past them but somehow everytime I jump I am still being banged into. As for bullets, the logical conclusion would be to crouch, but I'm still getting shot. Or am I doing something wrong here?
Second, is it common for a person to spawn somewhere at Gothim, only to encounter the boss nearby? I mean I practically entered the Gothim level and saw the boss almost in no time at all...or so I think, since when I defeated the person there it said "level complete!" and I managed to unlock Nightwing and the Arcam Island level. I just thought its highly improbable for this kind of thing to happen so I thought I'd ask.
Next, I know this might make me soun dstupid, but are the echos because of my high Y-position? I managed to get to Y-30 at one point in the Arcam Island level and am too confused with the sounds to know what is happening. At first I thought there are many people walking around, but then since my moves are being echoed and the death yells had echos too I thought I'd ask. Also am I mistaken to think Joker is in Arcam Island level? I mean since I was hit several times by acid...
Another question: is it possible to unlock multiple heroes in a level, or just one? Is it still possible for me to go back to Gothim and unlock someone else after I unlocked Nightwing?
Any answers would be appreciated! Thank you.

Regards,
Kenzon
P.S: progress.ini, just in case:

Thanks again!

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-11-08 17:33:45

Bullets actually follow an arc, so whether you should crouch or jump depends on how close you are when the gun is fired.

The Gotham level is pretty small, since it's the first level. If I had to change one thing about this game, it would be having enemies spawn in smaller waves, like BK2/3, rather than all at once, since, as you noticed, they tend to crowd the start of the level no matter how much I try to spread them out.

I think there are some enemies at Arkham who use acid besides the Joker. They are his minions, after all.

Most levels have at least one additional character you can unlock by doing something in particular. I don't think the method for unlocking Larfleeze works, for some reason, but all the others should be fine (it's really hard to make Lantern powers work in a game, anyway).

The echoes are supposed to help you find large objects, like towers. I added the option to disable them because sometimes they can just make things more confusing. They echo off the entire object, so you can hear quite a lot when standing on top of a tower with echoes on.

(If I were to expand on this game in the future, I'd want to expand on Gotham, because it really got the short end of the stick. On the other hand, it being so small makes it much easier to navigate than the utter chaos of other cities.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-09 04:01:31 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2015-11-09 15:17:34)

Hmm, OK then, I guess. I am just annoyed when I got shot like 4 or 5 times in less than a second, lol.
I think the method to unlock Larflas might not work because there are no sounds in his folder? Same with Sanestro, I think.
Another question, is there a way to accurately change your X-Position? I mean, for example I am trying to get an item at X5, Y0, but I always either ended up in X5.13 Y0, or X4.95 Y0. If I move again it will go too far. So is there any way to do that? Thanks and I hope you would expand on this game and make more nice games!
EDIT:Wow...This game is just so awesome. I managed to somehow find Joker (I think it is him) on Arcam Island but got killed by, oh, I think a few bombs and the bullets and acid. Its a bit hilarious too, now I think back on it...The sounds Joker (again, I think its him), made whhen I hit him...
EDIT2: another question...Why is it that sometimes when I press enter at certain spots I heard myself walking on  a different tile? This happens on Arcam, where when I pressed enter at certain spots while walking on concrete I heard the sound of myself presumably walking on wooden, or water tiles. When I press enter again I walked back on concrete tiles. Does that actually mean that I've entered somewhere and then exited it quickly? I didn't know since, well...I didn't check the coordinates (silly me, I know)...
Thanks again for such a wonderful game!
Best regards,
Kenzon

2015-11-09 15:21:40

The items are usually 0.25 across, and the characters are typically around 1.0 across (I might be misremembering and it's only like 0.5 or 0.75?), so you can usually pick up an item at 5.0 when your x position is anywhere from 4.5 to 5.25. I seem to remember there being some ways to move items, but I never could tell if those actually work (the bat claw, Wonder Woman's lasso, crouched punches, I don't think Green Lantern's hand construct moves them, but it should and I should fix that.)

The thing that always gets me about Arkham is that it's really hard to get to the hidden area without ending the level, either by beating the Joker, or by the Joker blowing himself up just to spite you.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-11 10:01:56 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2015-11-11 14:49:23)

Er, wait a minute, I thought the batclaw is meant to do damage against apponents? Or am I mistaken and its only used to move items?
I just love this game (though sometimes it gets too annoying seeing as I don't know how to play it well and always die)...I really can't wait to unlock more superheroes (if I get time to play  since school holidays are approaching). Especially those with magic or some such like Captain Marvel.

EDIT:Finally beaten Joker, but I now have another question. Can we add hurt sounds and such to characters without sounds? I asked this because, even though the flash is quick, it also seem to die very quickly without me knowing that he had been hit...If I could add pain sounds for the flash and all the other characters it would be easier. Also, do power reserves recharge when used? I didn't have time to check since after I used the flash's vibration and extra speed it said power is 7 point something then I died...heh. Thanks again

Best regards,
Kenzon

2015-11-11 15:36:46

Sure, you can add hurt sounds, or attack sounds, and there's probably another one in there I forgot. Just look at Batman, Cat Woman, and the Joker's folders for examples.

Most characters do not replenish their power automatically. In Flash's case, he needs to find food to restore it. Green Lantern needs to use a green lantern, I think Aquaman recharges under water but hotdogs are quicker, Superman recharges in sunlight (which means he can't recharge in levels without!), etc.

The Batclaw works on enemies, too. It can also pull objects of a certain size so that they damage enemies at a distance (I never could tell if it works on cars, but it definitely works on some of the statues at Arkham).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-11 16:21:58

Food? Hmm...should be interesting to try to find since most things I find in levels are batarangs, batclaws, smoke screens and medkits.
I think this game is quite challenging (which is nice)...No matter how hard I try I just can't avoid cars and bullets...not really anyway, and this causes me to always die in Gothim and the like but I still think its nice. Is there a detailed tutorial or something, somewhere, about this game? Thanks again. Will ask more questions when I have them, and your answers are quite helpful! smile

Best regards,
Kenzon

2015-11-11 17:23:59

I find that the easiest way to avoid cars is to jump toward them (or, if you have a grapplinghook, to spend a lot of time on the rooftops). Jumping away almost never works. (It's possible, if pretty difficult, to land atop cars and ride them around, but it usually isn't worth trying.)
If I'm really close to people with guns, I usually do a lot of crouching attacks (or use the staff with Nightwing), since a lot of their bullets will miss. You can aim almost everything by holding up or down, so you can stand on top of buildings and throw Batarangs down at people.
If I'm more than a few steps away and someone shoots at me, I try to jump away, since that seems to have better odds of getting you over the bullets. But when in punching distance, low attacks are pretty effective (assuming they don't pull out knives or pipes).

I don't think anyone has made a guide, but I'd love to know about it if someone has.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-13 10:37:31

Er, Cae, I think the readme for JLA isn't complete (I know, you did say it might not be complete and to press F1 i nthe game for more help but I don't think this has been included in the game help). You didn't describe what N and B does (N telling you the boss's health and b the boss's position or something)
Also, It doesn't seem to be possible to add voices...I've tried to add pain and attack sounds for The Flash (without spaces, since a lot of the chars with spaces in the voices folder doesn't as well, like LexLuthor and WonderWoman). Am I doing something wrong? Note I spelled the folder where I put the voices I intend to use for the Flash without spaces, I.E., TheFlash
Questions: are there ways of destroying a car? I asked this because I can't last even 2 minutes in Keystone City...

Another question: what does the message
Killer Croc Escape! 54
mean exactly? I always got that message on my clipboard after I was dead or something. I am not too familiar with the DC Universe, so if its a vilin's name I appologise for asking redundantly.
Thanks again for such a wonderful game and for answering so many of my questions! Best wishes!

2015-11-13 15:52:36

Ah, yeah, I added the boss info keys later and I guess I forgot to add them to the readme. :-/

Cars can be destroyed. The damage required is usually rather large (I don't remember if it's possible for Flash to do it, but Bat Grenades definitely can).

The Killer Croc message is a debug message I never removed because I never could figure out what was going on, there. (Full disclosure, the chomp sound I used is an awful 8khz thing from an old cartoon library, because I had nothing better at the time). Killer Croc is a strong and violent crocodile-themed villain, and Arkham uses special facilities to hold him. In this case, those are under ground, and sometimes (though I can't figure out the pattern or explanation), the game glitches and lets him out. The message happens when it notices and tries to put him back.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-14 05:00:20 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2015-11-14 10:28:03)

Nice to know...I guess. I never really liked to use bat grenades. I usually save them for bosses and such. I don't suppose cars will respawn once they are destroyed?
Hmm, why did I have the feeling that the hidden area in Arcam that we must go to to unlock the other character besides Flash is where they kept Killer Croc?
EDIT: is there a way to check how many cars are left? I know they tell us how many enemies, objects and sivilions there are in JLA when you press O, but I didn't know any keystrokes that tells us how many cars are left.
Thanks again for the answers, Cae!

Best wishes

2015-11-14 08:25:52

although slightly off the topic of jla, I have questions about sengoku jidi.
1. are any multiplayer servers up? I can't seem to connect to servers in 2.6 of the game.
2. is there a map editer where I can make my own maps and control how many units are allied or enemy, set max population limits or other such things?
3. how does combat work? I have been trying to determine how the cool seeming combat works for quite some time now. it seems the computer players randomly get killed off by some unknown force and I'll hear a bang and be dead myself. what is that?

devin

2015-11-14 10:55:25

There isn't a way to get the number of cars, since destroyed cars are still there, just not moving.

At Skeeder: All the servers are down, it seems.
There is a map/character editor, but I'm not sure I remember how to access them.
You can press k to view a list of deaths and their official causes, although they mostly just distinguish dying in battle from starvation and drowning and fire. If a lot of people who aren't in your army seem to be silently dying, they're probably starving.
The fighting system is such that melee attacks from opposite directions can clash, if they're both swinging at the same time, but projectiles can be blocked only if you have a shield. I'm not sure if the banging sound you're referring to is the arquebus, or someone getting hit with a heavy weapon like the kanabo or kusurigami, or if you're caught in an earthquake and walls or boulders are falling on you. (I think those are the only sounds I'd refer to as bang-like, but maybe I missed one.) You can block the kanabo (the kusurigami is rare enough that I don't even remember how hard it is to block), but the arquebus is unblockable. The computer doesn't seem to be any good at reloading, though, so they usually only fire it once.
A melee duel comes down to careful timing, and if you are fortunate enough, finding openings to run past people and hit them from behind. (The special attacks (holding shift when attacking) might help, but they exhaust you much more quickly and some of them have other strategic implications.) As for how to avoid getting assassinated by shinobi hiding in the trees or holes or water, I can offer little more useful than "be careful, and gain an appreciation for randomly stabbing empty-looking trees/holes".

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-14 11:52:32

Oh, I see. I thought "destroyed" meant that they are, well, destroyed. I won't bump into those destroyed cars, will I?
Also, does fire have any affect? I mean in, oh, I believe Arcam, some things are destroyed causing fire, but even when I had the fire at the centre (standing in the fire, so to speak), it doesn't seem to kill me, or even harm my char...
Thanks again and best wishes

2015-11-14 14:18:22

It's more that the remains of the object are on fire. It has to be moving to hurt you.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-14 20:28:57

it's unfortunate you can't remember how to access the editers, I wanted to make a map I could control, but apparently it won't work. I've even tried aprones cheat code and it didn't work. do you still have the source code?

devin

2015-11-15 05:40:52

Hm, so the fire serves almost no purpose, then?
One question, doesn't baterangs come back after a while of it being launched? I mean, usually it did come back to me, but sometimes it doesn't seem to..Not to mention, one time, the baterang came back but then it kept moving -- for example, I launched it towards the left, it came back but continued to move to the right...then it moved left again. Is this common? Thank you.

Best wishes

2015-11-15 14:27:31 (edited by CAE_Jones 2015-11-15 14:29:23)

The batarangs come back, unless they hit someone. They don't deviate from the path they were thrown on, however, so if you change height, or step into/out of an alley or room, they can miss you.

At Speeder: try pausing the game with escape, and pressing ctrl_shift+f6, or ctrl+shift+f7. There might be some uncaught index out of bounds errors if you try to edit people's items or weapons when they don't have anything. I'd have to look up exactly how to get in / use the editors.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-15 15:10:06

OT INTO THE EDITORS EASY ENOUGH BUT WHAT ARE ALL THE KEYSTROKES IF YOU CAN FIND THEM? also, is there a reference for knowing if I am spelling names correctly etc?

devin

2015-11-15 15:17:47

Ah that explains it. I think I was actually jumping to avoid a bullet when the baterang came back, hence the reason it misses me. There's no way to catch it again if it did...is there? Jumping towards it perhaps?

2015-11-15 16:00:06

You can catch batarangs (well, batarangs you threw) if you can get to the same position, but when there's jumping involved it can get kinda difficult to align vertically.
(I am curious as to how a 2D side-scroller that lets you rotate the camera would work...)

At speeder:
What I can find quickly:
Character editor:
Tab / shift+tab : select character
arrows: move character
enter: change rank
k: hear state and counter (It might set state to sanding, I'm not sure)
shift+k: set counter
s: toggle shield
shift+s: toggle armor
w: edit weapons
i: edit inventory
l: select leader. You can view shogun and daimyou quickly this way, but its main purpose is to set the alegances of individual characters.
n: change name. This doesn't cancel if you leave it blank, and it doesn't include the original by defualt. (I think I'll change that if I ever update the game.)

Map editor:
enter/backspace: change tiles.
m: set mark
0-9, a-f: set all tiles in the selected area. I don't remember exactly which is which, but a quick test tells me that d is horses, e is houses, and f is gardens.
c: hear coordinates. This means you can't use c to set blocks of tiles, which is kinda annoying because c would apparently turn them into boats, and a whole fleet in one keystroke would be nice.
i: add item.
(g and h apparently set blocks, too, but those values aren't used.)
s and l to save/load.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-17 07:15:01

Uhm..Does the black lantern sound that I heard in Arkham has any meaning? Does it mean that a black lantern is near? I mean, I know this is kind of cheeting, but believe me I only did it out of curiosity, but I edited the progress.ini file so that it displays other levels and characters. When I tried, then, to enter Arkham with other characters such as Joker and Captain Marvel, whenever I hit a person (at least I think so) I will hear  black lantern saying "by my black hand, the dead shall rise!".

Believe me I edited the progress.ini file back to its original (I copied it before editing, after all) and just asked this purely out of curiosity.
Still can't complete Keystone, though. I tried to use the bat grenades on the cars, and either I throw them too early or a wee bit too late causing them to either explode far away or explode so close to me that it acually didn't hit the car...With my 5 grenades I only manage to destroy one car... Still a nice game regardless!

Thanks and best wishes

2015-11-17 14:58:24

Yes, that does indeed herald the arrival of black lanterns.
Flash should have an easier time dodging cars by jumping, even if he has a harder time reaching high places.
It might be easier to have Flash run/jump across the level as quickly as possible, to lure Zoom toward the left edge, so that even if you die, you won't have to worry about the cars to defeat the boss.
But, yeah, timing it so that grenades can hit cars is kinda tricky.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-20 16:56:30

Hm, the black lanterns can be killed, then? Or are they items that can be used to recharge powers like food and/or green lanterns etc? Or are they acting like minions (I heard that black lanterns are essentially zombies...so...)
I didn't know you can lure bosses wherever you like. I mean, I thought they just move wherever they liked...since, on one occasion, even though  I was near the left of Arkham the joker is at x76. Always found Arkham to be one of the easier levels compared to Gothim and the others, at least imo.
EDIT: The luring boss thing doesn't seem to work. No matter where I go Zoom doesn't seem to want to move from either X135 or X200. I used Flash, but even he couldn't take all those freezing blasts and, I believe omega beams, from Zoom's minions...

Best wishes

2015-11-20 18:02:46

Het gyts, anyone know how to use the bat claw? I stil don't know how it works.