2015-11-08 16:28:17

Hello.
thanks you very much Yukio by the translation.
I will donate when i can,  i appreciate and value your work.
greetings and luck.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-11-08 16:41:47 (edited by burak 2015-11-08 16:42:29)

Hi, for my defense, I'm going to say that I don't think that I need to pay money for not knowing Japanese. Ok, discussion closed, I'm not going to say anything else.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-11-08 16:59:01

Do you know why manual update isn't working here? I'm clicking on the BKUp.exe and there's nothing. Any solutions how to update it?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2015-11-08 17:24:37

At Burak: If no one else does, I can probably buy it for you as well?

I think most of the BK sounds come from 4 primary sources, that I've recognized so far:
- the sound pack that Yukio posted shortly after BK1.
- The 9gb collection of sounds that was floating around at some point.
- Creative Commons sounds (I recognized some by Mike Coenig, at least).
- I think he mentioned a Japanese commercial sound SFX library at one point.

So, other than some possible ambiguity in that 9GB pack, most all of these are legal for commercial use.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-08 17:48:29

hi all, that's very very very very sad, so, hmm. same is burak, for not knowing japanese, pay monney, so, no, thanks. i am very disappointed.

2015-11-08 17:52:55

hi, where and what are these nakama cards?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2015-11-08 17:53:31

@cae
Really, you're buying it for people? big_smile
If yes, I want!
big_smile.
No, joging.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-11-08 18:33:15

Reading your offensive comments and all of these with wishing it totally for free is just... not fair, really.

There's a game full of replayability, with fantastic content and it's something just great and ambitious comparing to other audio games and you are just throwing that kind of things at Yukio?
Reading it is so painfull and it's making me sad. Support the developers and creativity and if you can pay few dollars for other things without asking about free copies / cracks why? just why? 5 dollars is really symbolic for a lot of work and I'm so surprised it's not more than 5 USD.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2015-11-08 18:47:29 (edited by serrebi 2015-11-08 18:54:38)

It's not like the dev is stopping people from being able to use NVDA instant translation/clipboard crap... Might just get this because of how addicted to bk2 I was. I wonder how many of the bitchin people have played real games outside of audiogames specifically???  if you had it shouldn't be to much to ask for $5. I mean I get it if you can't afford it, pirating it or whatever, but really guys, it's not that much to ask for a $5 shareware for the translation files. We're not talking about music, for example, where there's so much selection bla bla bla.... This is audio games, for sake of argument...

2015-11-08 18:48:01

All,
the translation dic imported. It said thanks for buying, but nothing is read in English. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2015-11-08 19:57:59

I think the translation file is only the UI. It just came out today according to the changelog. I hope for the dialogue/text in the plot/promps in the game get translated.

2015-11-08 20:11:00

At nuno69: If I had enough money to buy it for everyone, I'd've bought The Gate by now. ... Or maybe just spent the money to hire someone to force me to finish my own games. tongue
I might set up something like someone did for Swamp, and let people who can't / won't pay enter their information and pick as many as I can reasonably afford at random. (If anyone else wants to chip in, that'd be great. I seem to be getting more useless with time, so my funds are doing exactly what you would expect and shrinking.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-08 20:40:58

Payed as soon as I saw, thanks so much for doing this.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2015-11-08 20:46:46 (edited by stewie 2015-11-08 20:51:13)

I've encountered a translation error that makes the stealth levels kind of difficult. The directions cameras and security carts are facing aren't read. The sections that aren't translated are still rendered as questionmarks, so it just looks like the left and right direction names aren't translated.

Also for some reason when you hit s when a shield is equipped, it splits the string into 4 dialogs, for example mine says "defend (new dialog)
master (new dialog)
mega (new dialog)
plus残り耐久力:200000"

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-11-08 20:53:34

Hello,
I've heard a lot of words of praise for this game on this forum, and I've recently started playing it. I've just sent my 5 dollars, but as soon as I try to open a downloaded zip archive, it seams to be corrupted since 7-zip cannot open bk3_Translation_Dictionary.zip as an archive.

2015-11-08 20:59:22

Well, who updated the game successfully manually from the BK3up.exe? is it not working here.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2015-11-08 21:02:19

Hi.
First I wanna say to those who don't wanna pay for the translation: 1: Use the NVDA translate and stop crying. Or 2: Copy all the text manually, translate it using Google translate and replace it all in a dictionary file and make your own translation.
Ukio: Wow... This is exactly the moment I have waited for in very long time. I'm really so glad that you finally accept donations for all the awesome work you are doing. I'm quite busy at the moment so I'll wait to I have more time to play. But I'll donate for sure, more than you might expect. smile Can I, for example, enter 20 dollars in the box and donate 20 dollars or more if I wants to? I really wanna support all the great work you are doing... Keep up the fantastic job man. We are loving it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-11-08 21:09:29

Hi, I bought the translation dictionary for 5 but when IDM captured the link was disabled, could enable it again? Thank you and hope to answer ...

2015-11-08 21:16:13

God dam it, Burak, Cruiser destroyer. you two are truely bastards!
No offence, but I remember the days back when my sister was all crazy about the sims games, went to the cheap blackmarket and bought a whole collection of coppied product. it costs a lot, though cheaper than the based price.
And from what I remember so far, some mainstream shit cost more than 60 dollars and suck. Man bk games are awesome. Come on now 5 dollars? If I could pay for the hting myself, even 50 dollars, I would, seriously.
Wait wait wait, summonned chars can now be levelled up? Mmm this just makes me wanna try bk3 even more. I have the game but busy working on bk1 and 2 step by step so haven't tried it yet, but I deffinetly will

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-11-08 22:19:17

Hey Yukio. Can I translate the game to polish from English translation?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-11-08 22:23:21

This doesn't answer my question. How do I get stuff to read after I import the file? Pressing arrows and tab or whatever reads nothing.

2015-11-08 22:32:16

with the new version of the game, it crashes when you try to use a strategy item like speed potions, or look at collection items etc.
anyone know why this might be the case?
I'd appreciate it if I could get some help on the matter.
thanks
-cary

2015-11-08 22:34:12

Hi, I run the updater.exe file and nothing happens how do I manually update the game?

2015-11-08 22:36:09 (edited by jack 2015-11-08 22:48:46)

And here we go again with the complaining just because the game is paid, or that the translation costs money. *sigh* and this is exactly why I'm a little out of it as far as games go, I'm all in now but all I see when a new release comes out and it's paid is a huge drama-fest, and, with all due respect, makes the criers look spoiled. To be completely honest, when I first tried bk 2, I was extremely, but pleasantly, surprised that that game! of all the games we've seen, was free. Hours uppon hours, months, a year maybe, of work going into the development of that game, and let's not forget I do believe the music or sounds were hand-made by Ukio himself, and while if it's not bgt I don't know the dev tools he used, those Japanese development tools are mostly not free, and very much obscure to most western gamers/developers hence why the English market doesn't seen many games of this type/quality, whether it be free or paid. And let's not forget, mainstream games, minimum price for those is $25/30, in deed the digital gaming market is seeing a fair few $15ers out there mostly the pc ones, console games are expensive, and even those aren't always the best quality out there. And the console sdk's are a huge investment, I have to say at least $10000 on average, could be higher, and that would be for each console. Then again those are companies who are born to corporate anything and can put millions into game development. So folks, let's get back to reality and take a good look at it. After all he's done on bk1, 2, 3, in deed all his other games, $5 is a complete steal. For the translation dictionary, and part of the price of the up and coming version2.0, for the complete price of $15, think about it. Is he asking too much for you, to pay $15, for a game that beats the quality of even mainstream games in both game mechanics/sound quality which not many games do, a game that has been worked on for possibly years due to the sounds and the game itself, and through all that getting no financial compensation for it but probably putting a lot of money into the game, and just now about to release a shareware version, is he asking too much? Absolutely not. In fact I wouldn't even be disappointed if he asked more for it, so be glad it's only $15. This kind of entitlement to games for free attitude, no offense, no offense, makes this decade of audio games cringe-worthy. I have nothing personal against anyone in this community, however this has been a trend over the years, when a dev, whether well-known or new, puts a game out for us that's paid, the first thing that happens is that people start blowin smoke up their ass just because! the game is paid. Granted some of the reasons for price overage are, if not fully approving, at least valid, for example a game that totally owns as far as quality but has repetitive game mechanics, yeah I understand, though remember that professional voice acting and sound design doesn't go for dirt cheep, so compensation does need to be made. But this game? People start complaining about this, bk3, becoming shareware? I'm sorry to disappoint y'all, but I see absolutely no reason to complain that this game will be paid. I'm sorry. I don't see any validity whatsoever. Now if we back up a little and it was just the translation, nothing more, that was $5, then sure I may not fully approve, but I wouldn't slam him for it either. But remember, the cost for translation is in preparation for the cost of version 2.0! And as many people have said, there are ways around paying for the translation. Use nvda's instant translate, with an automatic clipboard reader such as clipreader or clipboard2sapi, although I personally don't prefer the ladder. Use that if the game has English menus but Japanese game text. But considering Ukio is considering a generous discount for translation buyers, think of the $5 as a half-preorder on steroids, i e, you pay for part of the game, knowing you'll pay the rest, or even paying $15 right away as it's a pay what you think it's worth deal for the translation. So, for the sake of our sanity, stop! giving him hell over the game being paid! Ok, raging over. As for me, I sadly won't be able to pay for the translation yet as my visa gift debit card has already been used, however, and this can go for you all as well, Christmas is coming, so, add the translation and possibly the game on your list of requests for Jolly Ol-Santa-Clause!
big_smile
One more thing. Remember, he wanted to make it donationware. However, because of Japanese law, he can't. Now where the hell that law came from I don't know, but it's the government what can you do? Nevertheless, don't blame him for the game becoming shareware either.

2015-11-08 22:36:41

hi,
stop crying,
translaters and yukio deserving that
he doesn't need to sit and look bugs right?
guess that game's code maybe 10000  or 50000 text contains
don't understand he have to translate for everyone? no,  just i'm saying
keep up the good work!