2015-10-24 02:41:19

survive! survive UP! survive!

73 Wj3u

Thumbs up

2015-10-24 05:06:47

So, there is no server that are online right now? I can't connect...

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-10-24 07:15:41 (edited by x0 2015-10-24 07:16:25)

mason has decided to release me from the project and take it over entirely. This, consequently, renders the death of the ultron trademark, as well as requesting features will be nearly impossible for you. UltraPower, is not shut down. It is given back to the original developer. There may be a motive behind his reason for taking it back, but this is private information. All you need to know is that I am banned from the project by the original dev, and as it was his first, I have to respect him. See ya, I'll probably be offline for a while. no asking me why, because I myself do not know.
Good bye. Bweewp.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-10-25 04:47:47

Greetings all,
I would be more than happy to host a server.
Benefits would include.
1. A few interesting maps here and there.
2. Only I will be an admin no recruitment other than the dev or devs.
3. I will do my best to keep it open as long as I can.
4. If you can demonstrate yourself as such, I will make you a builder maximum of 3 builders.
Let me know if this is a good option. For now, I'll go ahead and set it up and begin building a few maps.

Thumbs up

2015-10-25 06:24:50

Just wondering, why is the Ultron trademark dead? Isn't that Colton's idea? I could be wrong about this of course. Anyway, I'm very confused regarding the direction that this game is taking. A month ago, it was handed to colton. A week later, it was almost shut down because of personal issues. Now, the original developer is taking it back. This is quite concerning to players because we don't really know who to trust and what to expect. However, I am glad we got this important update.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

2015-10-25 09:34:23

Agreed

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-10-29 02:48:15

Hi, if anyone want to join my server you guys can do so.
His information below.
billy11.ddns.net port 25560

Thumbs up

2015-10-29 09:12:07

hi all
i have problam
when i m press new server list i have mesage
Call stack size: 5

Function: void slist()

Function: void mainmenu()

Function: void login()

Function: void mainmenu()

Function: void main()

Thumbs up

2015-10-29 17:34:03

Yeah, because the Serverlist is Empty

I think Mason has Cleared the list

who laughed in the begining cried in the end

2015-10-29 17:35:24

when i try to open the server list it errors out at me. Gives me a bgt runtime error

Thumbs up

2015-10-29 23:02:27

Okay, I'm done with this bullshit. Mason drops the project, let an other developer take over the whole projects and everything and then bann him from the project, wanting to take over this yet again. I'm tired of all this drama, and for this reason, I'll never touch this game again. As I'm writing this, I'm not sure I'll ever support Masons stuff again. Why? Too much drama without any explanations, and too much childishness. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel at the moment. Mason don't even feel like saying something regarding the projects status here in the forum which I find weird. So I'm done...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-10-30 06:53:12

downloaded update not installing y it is i updated game but not running new version

Thumbs up

2015-10-30 09:14:54

prajwal wrote:

downloaded update not installing y it is i updated game but not running new version

Because the project is messed up. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-10-30 15:42:51

hi all.
at slj
I am sorry to say that, too sorry in fact, but I have to say it anyways. Even if >I'm not the appropriate person to say this or what ever shit.
a dev has work you know? has school, has life in fact, and can not be running around us saying what can I code for you?
this exactly, is the case That was one of my reasons that I couldn't code regrezzo.
apart from school, life, girls big_smile, and stuff, I am studying programming in indoamerica institute on ecuador, and music in the national conservatory on ecuador.
I might look childish sometimes. Not sometimes rather, but most of the times, and I know.
this suppose childishness is ment to be like that. If people think I'm not trust worthy, theyr words. It's not my problem. However. If people appreciates me like how I am, there is no problem on me adding someone or to skype, or to klango, or to any crappy communication service.
here is the deal, keywasfull just regected me from one of his groups. What can I do? if he regects me, is just because he has a personal issue with me and he or me needs to sollution it or leave it like that.
please consider calming a little down, cause if I were mason with this comments I sincerely would be close to drop this project on anyones face or table.
dude, don't take this as an argument that a fit thrower wants to do at you, consider changing in order to be a more mindhealthy person.
best regards,
mike.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

Thumbs up

2015-10-30 17:31:26

hi
I have fiex segestions
this progect is not die right now
you need download from ultrocity.com this is a riely stupid thing
and
custom servers removed  why why why
and n ss studios server back again I don't like this server because ns's internet is bad
and
mason please add custom servers again
and make a main server and don't close this server
people like to play this game
thanks for reading this long message

thanks
omer

2015-10-30 18:24:18

@The terminator:
I know that developers also have a life and they are making games and other great stuff in their spairtime. I know that for sure, and I have been in the audiogames community since 2000, so I have followed pretty much all developers pretty closely.
I think you are missing my point. I'm not saying anything about all the great work which have been put into this project, because i know maybe hundrets of hours of coding has been put into this. This is the way the project has been overtaken I don't like. First, Mason has dropped the project, and has clearly said that he wouldn't work on it anymore. Then Coltin took over the project, which was really awesome for sure, and he really started to improve things, update things, take suggestions etc. It was really nice going for sure. But now, he says he have got banned from the project, and Mason have taken over this again. I mean, you can't just drop a project, give someone full permitions to take over the project, then suddenly bann the new owner from the project and take it back again. This is what makes me both mad and confused, and this makes me not wanting to play the game anymore.

Best regards SLJ.

2015-10-30 18:33:24

This is why I suggest this side scroller should be developed into an offshoot that is better than the original. I am sure that there are developers out there that could take the basics of Ultrapower and expand on them without the current bugs and problems that it faces, notably with the unfair leveling system and game mechanics. The turning system still hasn't been addressed since it was broken. There is also no way to duck attacks, which is possible in other side scrollers like Super Liam or Battle Zone. Now that we went back to a centralized server, people can no longer create their own maps and the game is now back to the plain old safe zone and war map we used to play on before the server application was added. Over all, this game is heading in a downward spiral.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

2015-10-30 23:19:58

at slj.
I do understand your point, but I guess you don't really get mine.
mason and colton. And, me, we three had really hard private discussions. Maybe for personal issues mason banned colton, cause after all it's his project now isn't it?
If I say this personal issues we three had you would understand it better, but I'm sure this other 2 guys will certainly kill me.
if you want, I could tell you this via skype, or what ever, I don't like the idea of being hated by mason, cause colton already achieved so.
about colton, yeah he might have had problems when kid, problems now, like all you know? but and I'm sorry of saying this, one of his deffects is that he trolls creating multiple usernames and, deffending himself upong those surnames elsewhere, or when say he trolls doesn't wanna be trolled back.
I do troll. I. Know. But, I love, a lot if you ask me now, that people retroll me back. This means that people understood trolling, know how to troll and quit being childish even if people say pranking or and trolling are childish activities in our little childish world, and understand that that, is only a joke.
I was yeah, so disappointed when colton spreaded that ultra power this, ultra power that.
about me with the slash ip thing, I said so cause 1 it was freaking weird a game almost everyone plays has that one, and 2 that admins were random persons out there.
returning to topik, It's not childish at all, those developers are young you know, I am also, and that is maybe why the project is kinda down.
if you ask me I would want to give another oportunity to this game. I would like to know if mason is interested in selling the rights to us or what ever.
this game. Yes, rocks, but it's a real pain to know it's booming due to this problems.
mason doesn't want to know anything, any word about this argument we had with colton, maybe for one reason or another.
anyways, before this freeces into a flame I'll like to quit the thing off dude.
at omer.
please consider reading posts above. It'll explain a lot to you.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

Thumbs up

2015-10-31 02:51:27

oh great. Now you're framing me for shit I didn't do. Terminator, I don't need you doing shit to me. I am not trolling with multiple usernames, though on joseph weakland's server my account did get hacked, which I'm pretty sure was haajeex. The game is indeed going downhill, I used to play it a lot and then I just stopped. If it is possible for me to win at least partial development rights on the thing, like 2dp ultron, then I would probably go back to individual servers. I would change a few things with ranks, etc. And terminator, this one is not an insult. i just have a question. How am I supposed to understand what you're saying? I cannot read that post and translate it into words that my mind can process, thus, your post is nearly uncomprehendable.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-10-31 03:49:33

hi
at colton
he nice one dude, I can't really stop laughing. Thanks for the gift you left me for halloween, I really appreciate it even if you hate me and left that gift for me by accident or intentionally.
I preffer to not bitch in a public forum cause dark would come with his moderation paw and smash us all, so you can unlock me and we could fix our personal "issues" privately without the whole community getting nicely overketchupped with our shit.
note, this could be fixed if you want, it's not a most. If you wanna continue being madd it's your problem then, I can not force you like heya dingus move on adding me or I'll call my mommy, I just can't. I think you're old enough to decide what you want to do, and how you would stay.
if you wanna add me, you know just hit up and I'll answer if I can.

Thumbs up

2015-10-31 11:42:51

Hello!
I might not be one of the developers of this, however I did run a server at one point. A quite big one, in fact.
I would just like to point out, that if there is constant drama and flame wars between the administrators of anything, be it a game or not, the project will go downhill no matter what. I know this because I have experienced it myself, if only temporarily.
Case and point: If the server administrators cannot handle their personal grudges (I've seen those on more than one UP server), there is no point going on with this. No matter how many players want to play, they won't, because of, well, you get the idea, people smashing each other here, there and everywhere.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2015-10-31 13:57:56

Guys: Now it turns into one of the issues which I really don't like. People are dragging personal issues into public projects. It's interesting why the heck people can't keep their private issues private. I'm not interested to hear about your private issues regarding the project.

Best regards SLJ.

2015-10-31 14:57:01

hello, I can't download that. where can I download the setup file?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

Thumbs up

2015-10-31 15:00:06

This is a zip file. You can find It at Ultrocity website.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

Thumbs up

2015-11-07 18:08:18

mason, finally rezlizing he didn't have enough motivation on this game, has put me back on the dev team. However, nobody is in charge of it, completely. It's his game, and I respect that, and he's still working on it. But he put me back on for snappier updates and fixes. So me and him are both developing it, and we're gonna keep it that way. Also, I'm going to check with him on custom servers being brought back, because this ns one kinda, uh, sucks sometimes.

----------