2015-10-28 14:10:37

Hi, my sapi5 core seems to be gone. System restore does not work. I cannot find the program I have shared 2 3 years ago. Please help me, I really need it. The speech settings do not show any voice though I have espeak installed. Bgt can access microsoft anna, but none of games made with pure basic do not work. I think that's do to not finding core componenets. I have done a lot of googling about this but could not find anything. I would be very happy if you would help me, thank you.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-10-28 21:43:03

Hello.
Sorry dude, I'm having the same problem since 3 months, and the file you uploaded a while back doesn't help to fix it. I have win 7 64 bit, but like you said, Anna, and only Anna, works in BGT games, so I'm adding myself to the help seekers big_smile
The only reason that didn't let me post about the issue is that I have another PC with SAPI working so that's why.

2015-10-28 21:51:10

Hi, that's easy for you, then. If you have another 64-bit computer, you can just copy the core files and make sapi work. The only problem is knowing where those files are located.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-10-29 16:27:14

hi,
I remember reading something somewhere about a speech folder somewhere in windows that had something to do with another execuable, but not really sure.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2015-10-29 19:58:56

You mean you can only select Anna in the control pannle?
if so, you need to launch the 32 bit sapi.cpl file for other voices to appear. It's located under C:\windows\syswow64\speech\speech ux\sapi.cpl.
I'm not sure about the exact path spelling, so don't try copy-pasting it. But just launch that version of sapi.cpl and things should work.
Btw. Have you ever considered reinstalling windows if you have this much trouble with your current install?

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2015-10-29 20:40:12

hi,
yeah, I remembered reading something exactly like you mentioned. and I suppose not everyone is comfortable with a reformat specially if there is no serious issue other than the sappy. and that too should involve heavy sappy based games or apps. but each of us have our own prefereces.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2015-10-30 00:02:39 (edited by burak 2015-10-30 00:03:05)

Hi, The issue is, I cannot see any voices, in any of 2 control panels. Not even Anna. It's like no voices exist, but bgt can make Anna speak. And no, I am not comfortable with reformatting unless I can do it myself independently, however I  unfortunately cannot.

2015-10-30 01:21:07

S Quad Racing is largely screen reader based anyways, the only time you'd need to use Microsoft Speech is actually aat the end of a race. I'm going to be working more on it tomorrow, so I'd prefer if you'd shoot me a skype message when you're online, because I'm going to remove the TTS Init function call from my code, in hopes of seeing if that's the problem with PB Apps.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-10-30 06:06:34

You can reformat on your own, with the talking windows preinstallation. That is, if you want to.

2015-10-30 14:09:26

I have this problem too last year, but when I reformat the computer it's fixed.
So the only option is to reformat and install windows with talking windows installation.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-10-30 15:47:30

Burak,
Have you also tried posting this on Microsoft.com? They are more likely to know how to resolve the issue. I'm sure there's a way without completely reinstalling Windows, just we don't know it yet.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-10-30 20:31:51

Hi, If you can send  the 64-bit version of the talking installation, and can garantee that works and talks properly I will install it. How ever, there is one problem. How do I get my product key? This is an original copy of windows.

2015-10-30 21:25:06

There are key finder utilities that allow you to extract the key from a windows installation. One thing to keep in mind when you go to reinstall it is that the edition on your windows install disk has to match the product key. That is, for example if your computer came with Win 7 home premium, which is what most shipped with, you need a home premium disk. Installing a different edition will most likely work but then activation will fail because the editions don't match. There may be a way to hack your windows to be a different edition after installation but I don't know how because I've never done it.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-10-30 21:27:24

Hi, I had windows7 premium, then I have upgraded to windows7 ultimate. Will that be a problem in the case of originality? Will I need to choose home premium or ultimate? Thanks for your answers.

2015-10-31 01:23:06

No problem, just choose ultimate on talking windows preinstallation and use the product key you have for ultimate, and you're good to go.

2015-10-31 01:28:58

hello
well, windows 10 was bothering me since ages. somehow managed to remove the notification tray icon at least for the time being, and got the iso setup through the other option in installation setup. but 2 obstacles, one finding the write time and reason to install windows 10, and the other to be certain that I want to upgrade because of reliability of some apps and software to work and whatnot else. besides, how the heck does the win pe talking installation stuff works.

I've been curious about that for a long long time now, and by reading at the amount of links and instruction some of those win pe talking install threads have, --- sounds worse than solving a very complicated trigonometry question. lol.

therefore, might I pray that someone, least for a noble cause, does take the little initiative and record a demo of an installation, and the relevant instructions?

I know not one of the easiest things to do out there, but still... for the sake of genorousity.

the thing is, despite countless assurances I don't just want to get some unfamiliar stuff and start doing something about which I'm not sure whether there would be any success or not. suppose the thing doesn't work and there goes the call-a-sighted-person-asap kind of alarm. lol

but anyhow, a slightest effort would be appreciated, too.

thanks

2015-10-31 03:28:12

hi,

@Sid512,

for an audio recording of TWPE, go to The blind geek zone and go to the audio page, and find the TWPE audio demonstration by rick (the site administrator)

hth.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-10-31 03:43:45

hi
mmm, thanks for the link, didn't expect one to be available around.

looks like the site has different other podcasts as well.

2015-11-01 20:55:47

Hi, Here's the registry fixer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/193 … gistry.exe
However it does not work in win7. Can anyone get this file to work?