2015-10-13 04:20:40

Well, someone going by the handle SkyStrider was kind enough to post some links today to a pile of music and sound Samples, along with sound fonts on Tigsource. So, obviously i've come to share them with everyone, heh.

52,261 free music samples

8458 free sound samples

3.5 gigs of Orchestral SF2's

A bunch of quality SF2's

GM Soundfont made specifically for vgm

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2015-10-13 11:19:13

Thanks once again for sharing stuff! big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-10-13 12:26:11

heya there.
nice one! he

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-10-13 19:53:29

I remember not liking Arachno Sound Font for some reason. I don't remember why. Maybe there were license issues or something? Maybe I couldn't get it to work? It has been a long and dreadful past 3 years. T.T
I might as well try it again.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-14 04:14:55

How do you use Sound Fonts?

2015-10-14 05:55:30 (edited by CAE_Jones 2015-10-14 05:58:02)

The Arachno sound font page actually links you to some resources.
Personally, I just install the Bassmidi driver, set it to use the sound font in question, and set my midi editors to use bassmidi instead of the default.
(I use Noteworthy Composer, because I cannot play on rhythm to save my life, 3 years in percussion or no, and it's quicker than having to play and memorize a million times before recording. I couldn't find a way to make entering notes by hand into QWS (Quick Windows Sequencer) as straightforward as NWC, but I do not pretend that NWC is especially accessible.)

(If there's a way to use sound fonts and midis with games, that'd be nice... but it kinda relies on space efficiency. Are people going to be playing enough music that the space taken up by the sound font is less than that taken up by recordings? You'd also need to only download and install the sound font if it isn't already available, which is doable, I guess, but involves extra steps. But, being that I got started back when filesize was actually relevant, I still freak out when things are bigger than they need to be.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-14 06:52:05 (edited by magurp244 2015-10-14 06:54:21)

Hmm, looks like SkyStrider's posted yet more links to resources.

2 gig sfx sample pack from boyss

Lots of sounds, requires email registration

More Soundfonts, drums, electric piano, etc

NTONYX sound fonts

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2015-10-15 14:54:05

problem with bass midi was that I could only use 2 sound fonts at a time, so if I wanted to make like a full-band kind of thing, I couldn't do it without a lot of hoop jumping. I found
Coolsoft virtual midi synth
which apparently lets you put a different soundfont into each channel, but I couldn't figure out how to do that right. Or maybe it's qws's proble; you can set each midi track to a channel, and set the bank program and volume but setting th ebank and program to different things to experiment often produced silence or weird extra notes added on to every note I played. If you guys can get either of those working with multiple sound fonts at once let me know.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-10-15 20:15:24

Hello.
I use VirtualMidiSynth without problems.
You just add soundfonts to it's list and you are ready to go, just
select the instrument on the sequencer and play.
By the way, anyone knows if there exists an accessible way of creating soundfonts? I
want to try my hands at sampling, but I've not found still an accessible
program to do it.

2015-10-15 20:43:40

How do you know which soundfont goes into which channel then? I kept getting the same soundfont no matter what channel I used.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-10-16 01:20:05

Where can I find a good free midi application to use this synth with? I don't think I have one on here and it kinda needs to be accessible...

2015-10-16 03:08:18

Well I tried qws but not having much luck using multiple soundfonts, as I said. There are others, like reeper and sonar. Reeper gives you nag screens if you don't pay, but is still usable, or so I hear. Sonar costs a big wad of money. There are also music notation programs that can directly load sound fonts, like Musescore (free), which is moderately accessible to screen readers. YOu can't see the music, but you can scroll through it if I remember rightly.

2015-10-16 07:04:20

QWS (Quick Windows Sequencer) is probably a good place to start. Look for the on-screen keyboard (F11, I think?), if you want to record something but don't have a midi device. Otherwise, you can enter the music by hand (I could never figure out how to do this with QWS, but I haven't put so much effort into figuring it out, since apparently my superpower is being able to use Noteworthy Composer comfortably).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-21 13:38:10

Okay, so I have QWS and have worked out most of the things I need to get started. Now, about soundfonts, in particular the ones in the links above. How do I tell which soundfonts affect which instruments, and are new instruments added in some cases? If the latter is true, how do I find the new options?

2015-10-25 10:00:44

Thanks for sharing!