2015-10-21 16:48:27

In this particular case, I have to say I agree as well. Easy and normal seem just fine for the gate, the way it's set up, and I even dare to say these particular two difficulty levels seem to be extremely carefully balanced. But as for the higher ones, I think I'm not even going to try them unless the way they work is changed in the future. Normal is entertaining and challenging to the point where I still like it and it seems fair to me, but having tried nightmare in the first level and not being able to complete it, my mind is made up. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-21 17:02:05

Hello,
I've recorded how I beat the final boss, you can listen to it or download it from here.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-10-21 18:38:30

Hi,

I'm currently on the level after the battle with the arrow-throwing gremlin in Easy Mode. Does anyone know how to kill the spiders? I can attack them, but usually end up getting frozen in their webs while they kill me! And being poisoned by the zombie doesn't help either!

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly Sapergia

2015-10-21 19:00:27

You just can't let them get close enough to you. Use the bow or the sword to hit them, and as soon as you make your attack, jump away from them im the direction you approached them from. If you repeat this processand hit them three times, I believe, they should be history. :-)
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-21 20:13:27

Hello,
the later levels in hard, very hard, and nightmare are to my liking, but earlier levels on all three are slightly problematic.
Well, not so much hard actually, but very hard and nightmare for sure.
I will have some small tweaks in the next version, including starting with the sword on very hard and nightmare.
I will also make small tweaks to the second, and possibly the third, boss on very hard and nightmare.
Hard will probably stay the same, to be honest.
I don't really see too much of a problem with hard just right now, since you don't technically have to knife the ghosts, and if you do, you can always jump back a bit.
It's called hard for a reason, it is probably going to take you several several more times on the bosses than you are used to on other difficulties.
Regards,
Aaron

2015-10-21 20:49:42

Oh, the final battle is really a nightmare of nightmares! If I couldn't save the game, I wouldn't play it xD!

2015-10-21 21:03:12

Given the huge number of ghosts there are before you get the sword on hard, you have to use the bow, and if you use too many arrows you won't have enough for the bosses. I still think the ghosts shouldn't instantly kill you, maybe they should take off like 85% health or 90% health but insta kill is still just a manufactured difficulty to troll the player out of lives.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-10-22 04:52:00

I don't really mind the instakill enemies, but I haven't run into the higher-level swarms of them yet, either.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-22 13:21:47

hi, I've noticed that when you become a zombie, your character actually keeps playing for a few seconds on his own before dieing. Mine continuessly ran to the left, zapped a vampire with the lightning rod, and started killing a zombie, then he died. Could it be possible to make this a i mode a mode of play, so you can watch patric play on his own? I think that would be very interesting.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-10-23 01:15:04

Spoiler question ahead!

Any tips for Morganna after cauldron on normal?  Feel like I shot her with tons of arrows jumping and moving constantly and strategically trying to use the 3 angel breaths I have.  Can't really knife her because she gets you before you get her.  Sword is definitely the way not to go since she can not only hit you from a reasonable distance but is quick.

Thanks for any assistance.

2015-10-23 01:35:22

Spoiler ahead!

Finally got her!  Wasted a life and used up all my arrwos but figured out if you jump almost all the way to the left or right of the map, you can get 3 arrow shots in before you have to try to jump over her again.  Might get hit a few times though so be careful!  Health was almost down to 0 and ran out of arrows so jumped an knifed her and that was that.  Pretty intense stuff!

2015-10-23 05:10:34

Oh you can totally kill bosses with sword. I actually killed final boss's last form with sword on normal, cause I had long since ran out of arrows. hahahaha. as for the Q9 on insane post, can't actually say using fortune fields to make your self invinsible really counts does it? that's just using a game feature to intentionally cheat your way through the game, in a way. lol. can you do it without using this unintentional exploit though? that's what I was getting at.

2015-10-23 14:07:22

hi how can i beat first hoss?
she is so fast and strong.
how can i kill?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2015-10-23 18:40:09

Hi, is possible to run it in vindows xp? It write me it is not true application of type win32,.

2015-10-23 19:20:29

Any tips for Karmilla? I just reached her a few days ago but haven't found a consistent way of beating her without losing too many lives.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-10-23 19:53:52

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
stop reading now
carmila is pretty easy to beat, get very close to her and hit her with the sword and continue to go in her direction by holding the respective key and tapping space. you will hit her fast enough to block her magic attacks and you can hit her many times before you reach the edge of the map. becarefull though, when you are close to the edge jump quickly away.
END OF
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2015-10-23 19:56:32

does anyone know how to beat this zombie boss person on hard? I have no idea how to do this, and I can't seem to find any weekness in how he slaughters my char. How can I kill him?

2015-10-24 01:34:53

Music097, did you listen to my play-through? There is a topic for it, called The Gate Play-through. I just started it a few days ago and will continue soon, but The Gray Lady is already covered.

Veronika, they are working to fix that issue. No more information has been provided yet.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

2015-10-24 16:56:43

Hi, as I read through this forum, I managed to beat the hadies. Anyway, does anyone  know what the infinite mode of this game is? Thanks. Vireak.

2015-10-24 16:57:31

Hello all!
I was somehow lucky enough to be able to play The Gate full game, but now I'm stuck. There's some kind of dead end at the level where you're first introduced by vampires (the one after Morgana). Was that supposed to be a bug? How can I get pass it?
Thank you in advance!:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-10-24 18:06:56

have you tried walking in the other direction past the stairs?

2015-10-24 18:49:57

Hello,
I've finally beaten the game. It's definitely quite well put together, the sound design and music are good. However, I haven't yet checked out infinite mode because I lost my saved game, due to me thinking infinite mode would be an option if you start a new game. This isn't the case and so I will just have to beat the game again.

2015-10-24 19:53:01

I've made it to stage 10 but I'm stuck at the part where there's something like five or six falling rocks in a row. I'm still not very good at dodging them consistently LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-10-24 20:22:15

walk in other direction? The only option for me is to turn back the way i came

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-10-24 20:46:25

Yes, you need turn back, so go left from the stairs i think.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.