2015-10-17 15:02:32

Hi guys, sorry for being away for so long. I've returned and have  started figuring out the pattern of these random server glitches. Various users say it happens with random things. I've deduced that it appears to happen when someone is making heavy use of the builder, as before that time, the server is mostly stable. I've made some upgrades to try to reduce the likelyhood of the server having problems with the builder, but I can't prommiss that it'll stop the crashes completely. I largely for the most part won't know until someone starts building either a space station or a custom starship, if anyone does and the server crashes right in the middle of building, let me know what you were building, be it a door or a wall or a room, and i'll dephanatly have a look.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2015-10-18 00:30:30

Hi. I have a suggestion. This is all for newbie players. When you buy ships, can you put a discription on each ships? like for example. Fire star cracker then the 100billion. This ship can crack minerals and can hold 50000 cargo to deliver. Something like that. That's only a suggestion. I think that would be all for now. Thanks. Best regards

2015-10-18 09:55:41

Hi!
My character named Marco is crashed.
I tried to build a new ship, because my ship was randomly deleted, move to this ship and program is now crashing, when I conected to this server.
Please, could You delete my account?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-10-19 01:57:26

What's your username? I can move you out of their to inderion.

2015-10-19 03:37:17

Hi.
I know that people with my problem are a little rare, but I hope you can either provide me with a little solace or some hope that it'll be fixed soon.
Basically, I don't have a delete key, because I am using a bluetooth keyboard. I also don't have a right control key.
This kills certain functionality.
Is there a chance you could either tell me how to fix this myself or that you could release some kind of keymapper utility? I'd love to be able to use the feature to delete teleporter links.
Thanks.

2015-10-19 05:45:45

hay guys, sorry for just registering now, I was just a silent reader before big_smile anyway, I have problem to connected to server, is server down? I think I have no problem with my connection for now

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2015-10-19 08:42:24

Hi, i'll sirtenly look into adding a keymapper if its at all possible, that might actually help with others as well. @togira the server should be back up now. @everyone else, their is a news post I just put up on realitysoftware.noip.us that i'd like people to read and give their opinions on, it might mean drastic changes to dmnb's gameplay.

2015-10-19 15:11:30

Here is my not that useful opinion of the last news post:
Your idea seams, in most part, much more interesting than what we have now. It might get hard to get used to teleporters, especially because some things in the space are just gigant; there are some ships or planets where curten things are in 1000s, even in 10000 (for example tram on nova galactic mining frater or whatever it is called) and there are also some ships that you forget where they are or just can't fly to them at this verry moment. But your replacement of teleporters would still be Quite nice, and it is much more realistic, too. if you forget where your ship is then well ... it is lost.
Personally I think that it is after all your game, and that even though you should listen other players, try to still keep your games what they should be.
So yeah, good luck with DMNB and DM in general.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-10-19 17:41:23

what happend with server client not connecting and nnot responding

2015-10-19 17:42:41

i love dmnb and its so cool thankyou danny for this nice game creation

2015-10-19 19:28:18

Surver seams to be down for especially a lot today (or I check in in just the wrong times). hope not something sirius.

2015-10-19 19:45:10

To explain about the server's downtime. Originally, I was going to keep the server up for players to enjoy, that is until the game randomly started blowing up almost every ship around inderion station. From this, i've concluded that not only is the original dmnb far too unstable for me to leave unattended and focus my attention on what I want to focus on, but that it'll also distract me from my current task. Which is to make a newer, and better dmnb v2.0. Ritten as I exactly want it to be with out the extra teleporters and such, and as I invisioned the universe as shown in project alpha. While i'm not accepting testers for version v2.0, if you wish to apply, you may pm me and i'll keep you in mined for when i'm ready to accept testers. I won't give any details at the moment on how v2.0 is coming along, mainly because their isn't anything super awsome to report just yet, but rest assured when their is, i'll post either on the site or here just as I did with my previous installments. And now, for future if you want to become a tester. Once again, i'll reittorate my requirements, and though's that I pick hopefully will follow them. 1, your here to test. Your not here to play and play. If we have bugs, do please report them. 2, please do understand that while I do work fast, I don't fly at the speed of sound. I'm a gets to things when he can type of guy, so I respectfully ask that that be respected, and you are payshant until I get to the bug that's bothering us, that doesn't mean hound me 6 times until I get it fixt, it means report it and when I can i'll get to it. And last of all, and this is done just as a simpple request, please, save any suggestions until I ask for them, prytty please? That doesn't mean give them to me just because we can fly, it means you give them to me after the building is done, after the stibility fixes are committed and after the boring bits are done. And if I deny a feature request I ask that it just be left at that. The original dmnb suffered from a case of not knowing it was wanting to be do to all the suggestions, I don't want that this time around. If I deny your suggestion, it doesn't mean that I don't cair, it means it either is beyond my current coding abilities but will be looked into when I can think of a possible way to implement it, or it doesn't go with the theme and my vision. And lastly, and this is just on a personal note, I respect that we all have lives and reel life is more importent than gaming, but if you can't test, do please tell me so, don't leave me in the bin and expecting work from you. I'll do everything I can to preserve your spot if you notify me that you can't test, and just a simpple I can't test for x amount of time is all that's required. Anyways, with that out of the way, i'll continue working on v2.0 of dmnb and post an update when I can. Since the original dmnb is down, I am thinking of deleting the articles from the articles room pertaining to the old dmnb and asking that the entry for dmnb be deleted in the db.

2015-10-19 20:27:34

Ah. So, it means DMNB will go down for a long time?

I'm sorry for my english. Because it isn't my native language

2015-10-19 21:43:29

Possibly.

2015-10-19 22:34:05

Well, can't wait for the new version. I am sure it Will be good. Even if we Will have to wait a bit, it is better to wait a bit and have a stable version than constant surver crashing, anyway. Good luck!

2015-10-19 22:49:10

Let me put it this way. I regret that deathmatch is going to be down for a while. On the other hand, I know that what you make will be more unique, more you, and therefore more interesting for you and for others than what we have now.
I look forward to the awesome that is to come.

2015-10-19 23:57:04

Hi danny.
Well I have played the game for a while, though after the last lot of not playing I havn't been doing so.
I know I never got that far into the game.
The teleporters were good, though you are probably right about them not being realistic.
I always relyed on them and used them to friequently.
Hmmm however its not much good if you loose power during a flight with your turbocars offline unless they can be powered the same as the lifts or something or simply stop having cars and just have tramms or in vehicle shuttles.
As for exploring large plannets how would you keep track of your ship and where it would be.
I don't know if I want to spend half the game walking round to find things, thats what I spent doing on entombed1 searching every nook and cranny its why while I have it a full version, I hardly ever play it.
2.  fast speeds.
The trouble danny is you always have something new, something really cool and for ages I jumped on the waggon and went with it.
I do think you need to cap things at one place and well just say no more on that one.
I have played dmnb a lot and I struggled to get to where I could get things but yeah.
As for project alpha, I agree with you, project alpha was a sidescroler though.
I can only wish you the best of luck.
I may try it when it comes out but I will not test.
I am a trecky for the most part, I do enjoy concepts like running round ships and doing things.
However as for speeds, I think the hyperspeed/ lightspeed/ trans speeds were all good.
On the other hand I have no idea how deadspace universe actually works.
I havn't really managed to listen to vids of that much or anything.
Ofcause I will support you or would have I guess.
Though maybe I wouldn't its just as well I am not in the group anymore because I probably wouldn't support you, the idea is a bit slow for my taste.
I can't agree in your vision of the game as such.
Landing on a plannet where your ship is at 10000 52000 100000 and searching for stuff then walking to the ship and just no, not my idea of a game sorry.
Finding stuff fine, exploring a planet, fine, having a crew when I can get it and doing missions, fine, but I am most of the time being solo.
Um, I won't complain its not my type of game.
My games are usually medium to fast with some action, and such.
Large explorers, I don't know I know the mainstreamers have them and enjoy them though some of them can get a bit big.
Due to the last crash and me loosing all my cash, who knows.
In the current version I was struggling to get to the point where I could do everything I wanted.
I guess you could make the game more crew centric.
Right now there is just big ships and you being solo.
Maybe only small ships could do solo stuff and maybe have it that if you have a big ship you need a crew, I guess you could have robots or something help you as crew and maybe have crew to but whatever.
This doesn't mean I won't play, I will try at least when it comes out but don't expect me to stay.
If I need to buy in to play I may do it once in a while just because I am like that and enjoyed missioning and stuff but to be honest I have been always an offline type player I havn't really done much online play.
See you round

2015-10-20 01:20:42

Hi
I didn't played, and replied to this topic for a while now, Since I've uninstalled the dmnb and forgot about it.
First, I'm not going to suggest something, I'm going to say about teleporter.
While everyone think teleporters are good device, I'm at opposite side.
First, we don't need to work around because of teleporters. Like me, I just teleported in my ship, memorize corrdinates and type it in my teleporter, and I'm standing on the exact console I've wanted. It's unrealistic
Next. Link teleport to your every ships. And bravely jump for a messive combat, I did it.
And when you feel dangerous, just teleport in other ship and attack the target, over and over. If all ships are critically damaged, teleport to inderion station and sell all damaged ships. At old time, It was the coolest, greatest, strongest, safest, and unpare cheat in the galaxy, That's why I was invincible for most times. And That's why some brave crews are all idiots, Also In dm universe, it is absolutely impossible.
Finally, What shuttles and ground transporter's do? They mean nothing. Simply, just use teleporter. So I disagree about teleporters

2015-10-20 01:23:17

HI Danny,
As I have said on Skype a few days ago I am happy to hear that you're redesigning DMNb 2 to be much more like Project Alpha, as opposed to a Star Trek inspired 2d version of Miriani or Prometheus. When I first started playing DMNB, I was rather disappointed coming from Project Alpha because of the amount of time players spend on board their vessels like a commercial pilot flying round the clock to accomplish various tasks. What was particularly unsettling was the limited amount of ground-based game play, which meant that all players would do is dock on a planet or space station, enter an area with a galactic network terminal, buy the equipment they needed, and board their vessels again.
In contrast, Project Alpha kept players busy throughout its entirety. From level one to level five, players had to navigate their environment, explore areas for objects, and buy equipment at galactic network terminals. Weapons also had to be upgraded to insure that monsters could be dealt with efficiently. This was all done while trying to put a derelict together just enough to be able to escape the asteroid belt and escape Red Warp as it exploded, leaving them stranded on Inderian Nine. The subsequent quest to search for all of the components for the gravity jammer to then destroy the project was also intense. Without getting to deep into the game play itself, the concepts you introduced were groundbreaking for an audio game.
Now, I totally understand why a redesign of DMNB is necessary. As you pointed out, the teleporters were implemented as a convenience for players, but they don't resemble the realistic experience of navigating the corridors of a vessel, or the surface of a planet. Red Warp was huge indeed, so was Glimmer of Hope, but I was able to learn the layouts of both ships and complete the game five times, enjoying it each time I did so. The cockpit-centered approach made the game rather boring for beginners to be honest, as there wasn't really much to do until enough credits were earned in order to upgrade to a much larger, more powerful vessel, which was capable of deep space exploration, combat, and planet cracking, among other things. So, providing players with a variety of activities, both in the pilot seat and on the ground will undoubtedly the replay value of this game. There were many times when I decided to take a break from DMNB because there weren't enough players to do missions with, since each player was focused on mining, planet cracking, or salvaging in order to earn the most amount of credits. That was one of the main problems, the idea that one player had to have more credits than every other player, which meant that the game looked more and more like a competition that decided whose ship was the best and most powerful. Instead, players should be able to explore derelicts together and not just to salvage artifacts, but to repair damaged components, as was the case in DM Pa. Along the way, they should face similar dangers, such as self-destruct sequences, monsters, and structural failures, which would require problem solving in order to avoid certain death. That was the appeal of Project Alpha and taking this game in a similar direction will be a welcomed sign of progress. Finally, the reasons which brought you here are largely based on the player base. You had to deal with Drama, both on this forum and on the server, which didn't contribute to the development of this great game. Players were asking for custom ships, credit hand-outs, and features that weren't necessary, couldn't be coded in a timely manner, and detracted from the main ideas of the DM universe. So, don't be bothered by players who cause drama, demand constant updates, or free credits and rewards to progress through the game. This game can be enjoyed by everyone, as long as no one ruins it for everyone else.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2015-10-20 12:50:29

Hi all, I posted a small recording of dmnb v2.0 in its early overhaul phase. Their isn't much to see but you'll notice some drastic changes where the engine has been made way more responcive, speshily when you switched rooms onboard a ship. My twitter for anyone who's intrested is danny226. And now, a small but good progress update for though's who are very curious. So far, the main things that are done is a brand new account system allowing you to have multiple players, and the basic ship interior system. Not to mention that when you start, your taken through player creation and asked to select 2 skills. That's right, we're getting a skill system. I'm also taking this major opertunity to revamp the console system to both be more easy and to also allow for crews, as aposed to the old system of setting a sirten station type on a console and being done with it.

2015-10-20 13:13:36

Wehre could we grap the record?

I'm sorry for my english. Because it isn't my native language

2015-10-20 14:31:47

hey danny.
I really want to test this new version. Also, if you want ideas, suggestions and coding hands I can do so for you.
so yeah, sad this project is going off.
may I ask, what are you planning to do with it now? with the old dmnb I mean?
here, I just wanted to question this cause I got a brilliant idea on my mind right now.
ya know, we always saved respect eachother. Yes, I trolled. But as the personality of hmp AKA heavy metal pirate was ment to be like that, I can't really say much of it.
you see, ammiom appeared as a result of deathmatch. So sad ammiom might die due to dmnb1 being thrown.
I'd like to be conssidered for the team. I'll thank that a lot.
best regards.
--
--
this is makiocento. We've designed the makiowrap, an awesome computer capable of having 40k of ram...

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-10-20 14:40:50

Oh wow.
  Sad to hear you had to take down the first version of DMNB. Glad there's a more dead space like one in the future!
  You should so make it so that people can audio chat to each other on ships though so that people can actually create real-time let's plays of this. You know how awesome that would be? Also, there are some of us who are not permitted to have a twitter account, could you post it here for those of us like that but who are still interested?
Thanks.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-10-20 15:28:38

Yeah, I would also like to hear the recording. Don't have twiter, and Will not make it just for this single thing. Thank you.

2015-10-20 16:59:19

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/266 … ording.mp3 is the recording, note though by now its already out of date. And remember what I said before. No suggestions for the time being. This is a time to sit down and get critical bugs out, not the time to try and get your super cool space fantacy implemented, though audio chat is sirtenly something i'll keep noted for the future. This version is intended to take a more serious look at the dm universe and patch up the major holes in dmnb v1. I'll notify when i'm ready for testers, as i've decided the way i'm going to do it is a private beta once enough systems are developed first off, and then a public beta once we declare it stable. In other news, navigation is implemented. I'll show that off layter.