2015-10-19 16:26:42

Interesting mechanic that. LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-10-19 17:39:33

hello, I also think the game is very great. What did you just say... different enemy combinations on normal? And i thaught it was just buffing up the all ready existing enemies... yayayayayay! and to those people who keep wining, complaining, bitching and all this other stuff about the price, well... I don't remember the line any more, but its this weird line from the cutseen for the second boss that I can't remember now. Take that line as a refference.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-10-19 17:43:23

Hi. Any tipps for Morgana? I can't beat her! The switches doesn't work it seem's.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2015-10-19 17:47:31

you have to spam shift-enter on the switches until the attacks disappear.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-10-19 17:57:19

Thanks, i'll try.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2015-10-19 18:03:47

Hello,
am I only one, the biggest stupid, who cannot kill the gray lady?
Its really, really unrealistic hard for the second or the third level...
Tried to follow all your tips, but now I had to give up.
I tried more then 100 times, and now have the gray ladies voice echoing in my head.
I think its enough.
Played over 45 audio games, completed everything.
But, this is really nightmare.

2015-10-19 18:25:07

A suggestion for a future update.  For those that finish the game, as well as infinit mode, what about adding a super weapon of some kind that can attack both in front of, behind and above in order to easily destroy all enemies?  Just a little fun for the player so that they can run through levels, invincibly destroying whatever is in their path.

2015-10-19 18:45:08

I personally think this shouldn't be added under any circumstances. This is probably the most difficult singleplayer audiogame we've got so far, and I would be extremely sad to see such a mechanic make it in. To me, way too many audiogames offer cheats like this that you can get after the first successful play-through, so what's there left to it after that? No, I'm happy about the way the game is now.

And sorry for the false alert about a bug then. I thought this was the spot right before Renfield, but I was not sure. It's such a devious mechanic that I certainly wouldn't have thought it was like that on purpose. :-)

Spoilers
below,
you've
been
warned:
Regarding Morgana, I had a hard time figuring out the switches for the first time, too, Remember the barrier against the spell is only present near the switch itself, so you have to push the switch and stand there until the attack disappears, you can't move anywhere or it will get you no matter what. Also, the swith needs to be centered very closely. You'll recognize it has actually been pushed by it making a special sound as long as the barrier is in action.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-19 18:47:33

Conor, sorry about the possibly misleading phrasing when I said there were different enemy combinations on normal. They are in deed still the very same creatures you already know, but appearing in different patterns than you got used to. Hope this clears the confusion up.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-19 18:57:31

agasoft wrote:

Hello,
am I only one, the biggest stupid, who cannot kill the gray lady?
Its really, really unrealistic hard for the second or the third level...
Tried to follow all your tips, but now I had to give up.
I tried more then 100 times, and now have the gray ladies voice echoing in my head.
I think its enough.
Played over 45 audio games, completed everything.
But, this is really nightmare.

If you still can't get her, listen to my review posted on dropbox. It's on post 136 in this thread. Just keep trying, I needed some training to be able to kill her. I'm now on level 4 in a demo.

2015-10-19 19:33:02

Actually you don't have to spam the switches when fighting Morgana. Just don't move until the spell hits the barrier.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-10-19 20:08:54

Gretings all!

In case the read me of this game still has windows xp as a valid operating system, its false sadly.
Even with the latest update, still get the win32 applicatio not being valid.
Please note, I rarely use XP for things.
Have a good one!

2015-10-19 20:26:08

(Just in case I came across as claiming BK2/3 are better in every way, I will add that The Gate seems to be faster paced, overall. BK2 also seems to have a minor bug if you try to jump in the wrong frame while running, and I rather appreciate that The Gate doesn't use an Object Viewer, even though I wouldn't dare remove it from BK2/3.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-19 20:41:06

As for the XP issue Philip has already stated that's his part to figure out.

2015-10-19 20:52:38

Guys how to beat the final boss? He is very, very, very, very very very very very very very very very very hard, no, even impossible. Aaron, please, yup we all know that you can make a hard games, but not like that much. I can't call it enjoyable if it that hard. I didn't like the game, not because of its gameplay, no, because of its difficulty, the game is awesome but, impossible to beat, or at least it doesn't make people play again because of its difficulty/

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-10-19 21:01:32

Hi,

I can't close the game with alt F4. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of a level, and I want to start all over again cause I've lost too many lives. I try to close the game with escape or alt F4, and it won't close. I have to close it with the task manager. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-10-19 21:48:57 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-10-19 21:49:28)

hm, the game always closes with alt-f4 for me. @mohamad hajjar, difficulty is a matter of opinion. Play easier games if this one is too hard for you. The developer won't make the game easier if people can beat it as it is, probably. I know I wouldn't.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-10-19 22:40:46

Same here. The game always closes with F4 for me.

2015-10-19 22:56:15

Wow! Hades on normal is really tough. Feels probably the same way to me as it did before the 1.01 update on easy. Now, I'll be better prepared once I reload the last save. I really hope to unlock the other mode now. :-) By the way, it would be cool if there could perhaps be more achievements in future versions. Even if they didn't do anything special, just hearing about them (either the friendly vampire woman who's probably voiced by Gemma or the tutorial/guide voice could just tell you that you got or were called this because you managed to do that) would add a lot more fun to the game for some, I think.
Just a random idea.
Lukas

2015-10-20 00:15:43

I have yet to pass level 7 on Easy. LOL.

2015-10-20 00:34:46

I have the same Problem with the final Boss. I don't know how to defeat him, isn't there a tip for me?

Thanks!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2015-10-20 00:46:51 (edited by musicalman 2015-10-20 00:48:21)

Ouch Lukas, I second that. I just felt pure game rage after having over 30 arrow pouches, 16 lives, and 9 angel breaths wasted on Hades on normal, and I still ended up losing. I got to the part where he starts launching ghosts at you, and I still managed to hit him a quite a few times into that, though I didn't hear his blood splattering sounds letting me know he's almost dead. Though I may just have missed them. God if there was a way to check to see how much more damage I had to take from him before he was dead. That would at least give me some encouragement. But right now as it is, I'm done. I'll go insane if I keep doing this now. Maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2015-10-20 01:04:17 (edited by cj89 2015-10-20 01:06:04)

Hi all. I'm not gonna lie. When I started playing, I was definitely among those who were trying to figure out what made this game any different to all the other scrolers out there. As has been stated previously, I'm actually really liking some of these enemies/concepts. I'm only on level 5 currently, but definitely got myself into a couple of tight situations. I like the idea of the spiders basically being your death sentence, and turning into a zombie is a little amusing. Also, the priests are a neat concept, and have already proven to make life difficult on more than 1 occasion. Obviously I have no idea what he's even like yet, but if people have been able to beat the final boss already, then I discourage changing anything. I'm all up for a challenge. This is the same developer who made Stella in Paladin (arguably harder than the final boss, imo.)

2015-10-20 01:36:08

LOL. I'm dreading making it to Hades.

2015-10-20 02:01:00

Well, I completed the game. Pre-patched version. was a little bit tough, but I feel that for the price, there should've been more stuff to do. Gonna try it on normal one of these days, see what happens, but I'm pretty certain it'll just be difficulty inflation. I did it on insane on demo version just for the laughs, and that's what it was. definitely a bit better than what we usually get though, and that's a good thing. but coming from a mainstream background, I'm hard to impress. Japanese games did this though, and The Gate is definitely headed in the right track.